PrismmmMMMMmmmm, good! NOT!

Debating with the enemy

Old 06-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #46
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Re: PrismmmMMMMmmmm, good! NOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRPLG View Post
No the problem is a citizenry not responsible enough to hold its leaders accountable for their actions. We get the government we deserve.
That's certainly fair enough. Sad but true.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-12-2013, 05:17 PM   #47
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Too lazy or stupid. Please refer to Idiocracy.
Wow RR. We are agreeing all over the place. It MUST be the apocalypse.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #48
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

If Russia announced that they were tapping all incoming foreign national calls, we would be on them about civil liberties. If Germany announced that it was spying on all US nationals that entered the country, it would cause a huge political fallout. If our government spies on us, the person or organization that reveals it, is a traitor. Got it.

To go further, if Bush runs Gitmo it is horrendous and needs to be shutdown. If the president who promised to shut it within months of his 1st election keeps it open for 6 years, then it clearly serves the national interest, and we just need to trust our government.

The hypocrisy of the media/govt elite is so overwhelming, it is amazing to me that we are even as free as we are.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #49
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Wow RR. We are agreeing all over the place. It MUST be the apocalypse.
Yeah, I know. I feel the kind of 'dirty' a shower can't help.
RedskinRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #50
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I said I would take the word of the man that runs NSA over Edward Snowden , a traitor who's just looking for fame.
No offense, but that much like sounds like the ramblings of these jerkoffs.

NSA leak: Obama under pressure as Sen. Dianne Feinstein denounces Edward Snowden’s ‘act of treason’ | The Raw Story

Let's recap what Biden had to say about a spying President.

Since you think all this survelliance "saves lives", let me throw this information out there.

The Dirty Little Secret About Mass Surveillance: It Doesn’t Keep Us Safe | Washington's Blog

Quote:
Binney – a 32-year National Security Agency veteran – is the former head of the NSA’s global digital data gathering program, and a very highly-regarded cryptographer.

Binney told Daily Caller yesterday that the spying “dragnet” being carried out by the government is useless:

Since you'll take the word of guys in the upper levels of the NSA, how about you take this guys word. The word of a guy that used to run the program.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #51
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinRat View Post
Yeah, I know. I feel the kind of 'dirty' a shower can't help.
Hmmmm, I think I have the solution: Please join me in a moment of prayer in hopes that, through grace, we may gain a deeper understanding of this problem.

See ... instant smugness restorer. Feel better now?
Old 06-13-2013, 01:14 PM   #52
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Quote:
Hmmmm, I think I have the solution: Please join me in a moment of prayer in hopes that, through grace, we may gain a deeper understanding of this problem.

See ... instant smugness restorer. Feel better now?
Old 06-13-2013, 01:21 PM   #53
MTK
\m/

4th amendment says government needs a damn good reason to be in your business, which the Patriot Act casually gutted. And Republicans just noticed.

and

I am appalled that the government is snooping on me - this must stop! On the other hand, when someone is watching it does make it hotter.

-Bill Maher
Old 06-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #54
JoeRedskin

On the topic at hand, individual liberties are slowly but surely being strangled out in the name of security and tolerance. Soon enough, the only thing we will be "secure" from is the ability to voice unpopular or divisive thought while being subject to the Kafka'esque brutality of an overly bureaucratic government with the added random evil of the mob unrestrained by legal process. All in the name of public safety and tolerance.

With apologies to Rush, the day is coming when Congress shall pass a noble law and all will be kept equal by hatchet, axe, and saw.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #55
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
4th amendment says government needs a damn good reason to be in your business, which the Patriot Act casually gutted. And Republicans just noticed.
and

I am appalled that the government is snooping on me - this must stop! On the other hand, when someone is watching it does make it hotter.

-Bill Maher
Yup. It was a bad law that everyone initially voted for, which both sides renewed in the Senate and which Obama - using questionable Constitutional methods - extended despite the extension's failure to pass the House in 2011.

Lots of blame to go around on this one. As the Chief Executive, however, administration of the law is firmly in the purview of Obama. He has shown his ability in the past to forego enforcement of laws he found distasteful yet, here, he has endorsed the gutting of individual liberty.

Call Republicans hypocritical if you like. Bottom line is that this administration has expanded the attack on personal liberties well beyond anything Bush did.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #56
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Push back:

Want to See Your NSA or FBI File? Here's How...

Have you ever Tweeted a politically subversive message, attended a protest, or signed an oppositional petition? If so, you may have a dedicated file on you kept by the FBI and/or the NSA.

With a simple Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request, any U.S. citizen can obtain one's NSA or FBI file, if such a file exists.

It simply takes a few minutes to fill out the requisite forms and mail them to the appropriate address. An independent site – www.getmyfbifile – will, free of charge, generate the necessary forms for you already filled out.

Of course, you can also do this directly through the NSA or FBI if you are worried about providing personal information to an independent site.

While an appropriate level of cynicism may be warranted concerning the level of transparency one should expect from such a request – should your file be substantial – it is the law that your complete file be provided to you upon request.

Demand that the law be followed, for it is your right as a citizen to know this information
Old 06-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #57
RedskinRat
Franchise Player

Old 06-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #58
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Yup. It was a bad law that everyone initially voted for, which both sides renewed in the Senate and which Obama - using questionable Constitutional methods - extended despite the extension's failure to pass the House in 2011.

Lots of blame to go around on this one. As the Chief Executive, however, administration of the law is firmly in the purview of Obama. He has shown his ability in the past to forego enforcement of laws he found distasteful yet, here, he has endorsed the gutting of individual liberty.

Call Republicans hypocritical if you like. Bottom line is that this administration has expanded the attack on personal liberties well beyond anything Bush did.
If Bush were still in office, don't you think he'd be pushing the same agenda, or maybe worse?

I'm not in favor of what's going on, it's just funny to hear everyone up in arms about this now, where was all the fuss in 2001?
Old 06-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #59
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
No offense, but that much like sounds like the ramblings of these jerkoffs.

NSA leak: Obama under pressure as Sen. Dianne Feinstein denounces Edward Snowden’s ‘act of treason’ | The Raw Story

Let's recap what Biden had to say about a spying President.

Since you think all this survelliance "saves lives", let me throw this information out there.

The Dirty Little Secret About Mass Surveillance: It Doesn’t Keep Us Safe | Washington's Blog

Since you'll take the word of guys in the upper levels of the NSA, how about you take this guys word. The word of a guy that used to run the program.
Right...this is being (and has been for years now) extraordinarily politicized. The reports earlier in the week about Democrats being in favor of this surveillance under Obama while be staunchly against it under Bush prove so. Of course those reports often left out the part about the opposite being true too. Republicans loved it under Bush but not so much under Obama.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:13 PM   #60
FRPLG
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
If Bush were still in office, don't you think he'd be pushing the same agenda, or maybe worse?

I'm not in favor of what's going on, it's just funny to hear everyone up in arms about this now, where was all the fuss in 2001?
This is a sexier story. A "heroic" whistleblower escapes the grasping claws of a tyrannical government so expose its nefarious misdoings. In the only thing being discussed was the potential for this type of stuff. Not many seemed to care.
FRPLG is offline   Reply With Quote