Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2019, 04:28 PM   #151
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Re: Trent Williams ends season-long holdout, rejoins Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceWeWereKings View Post
I, actually, kind of like the way it was handled. I'm not a fan of a player holding a team hostage with the "pay me or I'm not playing" adage. I talked a ton of shit about zeke when he did it and I will continue to talk shit about any player that signs a contract and then later decides they dont like the terms they agreed to before. I like that the fo showed that you cant make your own rules. Who knows how much this is about health and how much is about money. Try to hold the team hostage, fuck it. Enjoy 0 pay. I wish more teams would employ this type of tact when the player starts saying they deserve more. Then maybe you shouldn't have signed a contract. And since it's worked for a few players, more and more are going to try. It would be a total nightmare with the players who have a few years left on their contracts f the skins bowed down and did whatever tw wanted. Everyone would be threatening to not play or want a trade or more money. Fuck exactly all of that. I'm not a fan of snyder/allen...but I'm glad they set a precedent like this.
Bruce is incompetent and can't win games so he tries to win situations, which is not what it's about.

Sure, there's a feeling of not caving and sticking with "principle", but this is ultimately a situation where it probably cost them. The team could have had a first round pick early on in the situation.

Another downside is how much respect and admiration Trent has from his fellow players. While he was ripping BA and the FO a new one in the locker room, in his now infamous interview, his fellow players were yelling "preach" in the back ground. This feeling reinforces the league wide sentiment about how crappy this FO is to deal with.

Third, how much of a benefit is Trent going to be to the team if he stays? I would guess, not that much. Cooley has repeatedly talked about how Gibbs would help players who didn't like their role or the team leave on good terms. I suspect Gibbs knew a team needs committed players who buy into the the organization and philosophy. These jokers are going "bleed" those who disagree to force compliance.

DJ Swearinger is the perfect example. He didn't like the scheme, the club Jay practices, or anything else, but the team kept him in the building despite his vocal, public opposition. A Gibbs led team wouldn't have kept him, and there wouldn't have been a public falling out.

This whole organization is a joke.

Advertisements
Old 11-10-2019, 05:42 PM   #152
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
Bruce is incompetent and can't win games so he tries to win situations, which is not what it's about.

Sure, there's a feeling of not caving and sticking with "principle", but this is ultimately a situation where it probably cost them. The team could have had a first round pick early on in the situation.

Another downside is how much respect and admiration Trent has from his fellow players. While he was ripping BA and the FO a new one in the locker room, in his now infamous interview, his fellow players were yelling "preach" in the back ground. This feeling reinforces the league wide sentiment about how crappy this FO is to deal with.

Third, how much of a benefit is Trent going to be to the team if he stays? I would guess, not that much. Cooley has repeatedly talked about how Gibbs would help players who didn't like their role or the team leave on good terms. I suspect Gibbs knew a team needs committed players who buy into the the organization and philosophy. These jokers are going "bleed" those who disagree to force compliance.

DJ Swearinger is the perfect example. He didn't like the scheme, the club Jay practices, or anything else, but the team kept him in the building despite his vocal, public opposition. A Gibbs led team wouldn't have kept him, and there wouldn't have been a public falling out.

This.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:48 AM   #153
SunnySide
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post

I agree with a lot of this. Trent is a respected player around the league and him going to like 8 pro bowls in a row means hes had a lot of time to hang out and get to know the other premier players in the league. Between this, the handling of the Kirk Cousins situation, Bruce not communicating with agents and teams, Bruce being unprepared, Bruce being voted the least trustworthy in the league ...

Gibbs = communication. I really think the players and agents have no idea what is going. Like when D Jax and Garcon were going to be FA, they said their agents havent heard a thing from Bruce. I would guess Scherff's agent is also getting zero communication from Bruce just like Trent's and Cousins's etc

Scot Mc talking with players I didnt think was a bad thing. Players and agents need someone who will at the very least communicate with them. Pick up the phone. Do the bare minimum. Bruce doesnt do shit and thinks letting things play out is the way the league is run in 2019.

You have a HOF anchor LT of your team for the past 8 seasons and he is 31 and on the back end of his contract with no guaranteed money if he gets hurt ... of course he wants an extension or making 2020 guaranteed.

Its 2019 NFL .. thats how the game is played. Show players you have their back. If you cant do right by Trent Williams .. ... what player has given more for this shit show the past 8 seasons?
Old 11-14-2019, 06:07 AM   #154
Warthog
The Starter

Bruce Allen showed he was tough and stuck to their guns. So what?

1. He did it at the cost of losing a first-round draft pick OR MORE for the 2020 draft. Two first round draft picks -picking two elite players could transform this team.

2. BA alienated the best players the redskins had -forever. Who are people and the media going to listen to or believe: a 7-time pro bowlers, team captain and a well respected team leader OR the most despised GM in the league?

3. What does BA mis-handling of BOTH Cousins & Williams - home grown talent that got let go in the worst possible way from the players standpoint.

Bruce Allen won a very minor tactical victory over a revered and highly talented player and leader in this team. He has lost far more on the Strategic level for the Redskins. No replacement draft pick, continued perception of chaos and pettiness in the franchise, illogical decision-making and finally, Redskins players knowing that the team may stab them in the back and hurt their career if they ask for a trade.

It takes a lot to become the most hated man in D.C. but BA has done it and seems to revile in it. He needs to go before this team can move forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Old 11-14-2019, 03:15 PM   #155
mredskins
MVP

Folks that think BA is the issue are mis guided, BA is just DS mouth piece. Just like Vinny was. Until DS leaves it will be business as usual; losing.
Old 11-15-2019, 08:29 AM   #156
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Folks that think BA is the issue are mis guided, BA is just DS mouth piece. Just like Vinny was. Until DS leaves it will be business as usual; losing.

I agree that both Bruce Allen and Vinny Cerrato (first half of Snyder’s ownership) are Daniel Snyder toadies. However, the continued free-fall of this franchise may, just may force Snyder to jettison Bruce Allen and agree to hiring a real, NFL veteran and NFL-capable GM and/or a HC.

No competitive HC from OUTSIDE the franchise is going to sign up here under the current Dan Snyder / Bruce Allen black cloud. It is impossible to win with their oversight and meddling. I mean two of the best HCs of ALL TIME (Gibbs and Shanahan) came here and had weak runs under Snyder & his lackey’s idiotic oversight.

If Snyder brings in a competitive HC from the NFL, then he most likely has agreed to greatly reduce his meddling. If he hires from INSIDE the franchise, such a O’Connell, and BA is still here, then it’s just more of the same. We’ll become like the Brown’s: great draft pick position every year, terrible record. Bruce Allen is like the Black Plague of this franchise.

Flyboy.

Old 11-18-2019, 08:09 AM   #157
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...redskin-again/

Trent Williams: I will never be a Redskin again

We have no fucking leverage now in trading TW...we will be lucky now to get a 3rd round pick.

Congratulations Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder, once again you pass on trading a player for a first round pick and now will get peanuts (Cousins). But hey you won because he returned and you with held 5 million of a contract while paying welfare queens Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis to do less on the field because when they play its actually a negative because they hurt your team more than they help.

He Gets Us
Old 11-18-2019, 08:23 AM   #158
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...redskin-again/

Trent Williams: I will never be a Redskin again

We have no fucking leverage now in trading TW...we will be lucky now to get a 3rd round pick.

Congratulations Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder, once again you pass on trading a player for a first round pick and now will get peanuts (Cousins). But hey you won because he returned and you with held 5 million of a contract while paying welfare queens Jordan Reed and Vernon Davis to do less on the field because when they play its actually a negative because they hurt your team more than they help.
The irony is that Trent told everyone that before the season. Everyone knew he was never going to suit up again, (although i think fans had hope) except for Bruce who pretty much guaranteed Trent would be back in a Redskins uniform back in August. Delusion? Denial? Cockiness? It doesn't matter.
Old 11-18-2019, 10:57 AM   #159
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
The irony is that Trent told everyone that before the season. Everyone knew he was never going to suit up again, (although i think fans had hope) except for Bruce who pretty much guaranteed Trent would be back in a Redskins uniform back in August. Delusion? Denial? Cockiness? It doesn't matter.
The team and fans have every right to expecy a player with 2 years left on his contract to be on the field come September. Showing up at the last minute, tefusing to play and then crying because you won't get paid is pure bs on TWs part. I am sorry for what he went through but this interview adds to my frustration with him not with the Skins FO.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2019, 11:40 AM   #160
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

You're right, there is every expectation that he plays but that doesn't mean it is going to happen. At some point the FO has to deal with reality.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:57 AM   #161
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

On the bright side at least his contract doesn't advance for another year. I'm not giving up hope yet that someone might be able to salvage this mess.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:14 PM   #162
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Fuck Dan Snyder, fuck Bruce Allen, fuck the medical staff, and fuck Trent Williams. Just trade him for whatever the fuck you can get.

1st day of the offseason I'm telling the other teams, we are trading Trent in exactly 2 weeks to the highest bidder. Don't care if that's a ham sandwich at this point. Just get him off of the fucking team.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:47 PM   #163
Warthog
The Starter

Other premiere players asked to be traded this year and ONLY THE REDSKINS played this game of chicken. Everyone else was traded. Congrats Bruce Allen you “won” this argument by forcing Trent to stay on this team. We have no draft pick to replace this hole on the OL, we lost any player confidence in the management by screwing over our best player who gave hiS heart and soul for this team. Bruce Allen showed why he is the most despised person in Washington, by the players in the NFL and by the agents.

Flyboy.

Old 11-18-2019, 03:02 PM   #164
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Fuck Dan Snyder, fuck Bruce Allen, fuck the medical staff, and fuck Trent Williams. Just trade him for whatever the fuck you can get.

1st day of the offseason I'm telling the other teams, we are trading Trent in exactly 2 weeks to the highest bidder. Don't care if that's a ham sandwich at this point. Just get him off of the fucking team.

That’s what every OTHER NFL TEAM did with their players who demanded to be traded. It’s becoming part of the NFL and teams are just going to have to deal with it. Only Bruce ALLEN would decide he’s smarter than the rest of the NFL and force Trent to stay on the team. Next year he will be worth HALF what we could have got this season!

Flyboy.

Old 11-18-2019, 03:48 PM   #165
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
That’s what every OTHER NFL TEAM did with their players who demanded to be traded. It’s becoming part of the NFL and teams are just going to have to deal with it. Only Bruce ALLEN would decide he’s smarter than the rest of the NFL and force Trent to stay on the team. Next year he will be worth HALF what we could have got this season!

Agreed. But at this point, even a half a ham sandwich is better than no sandwich lol.
Closed Thread