Old 04-23-2004, 05:21 PM   #2
JudgeJebus
Camp Scrub

Where did you hear this?
JudgeJebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 05:47 PM   #3
skins009
Impact Rookie

I heard it too, this it not good. Tonight I will pray to god that the redskins draft Sean Tayler.
skins009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 05:55 PM   #4
Big C
Mr. Brightside

Mark Schlereth seemed to think that Winslow would force Gibbs to change his whole offensive scheme, on the Draft show today, and thinks that Gibbs wont take him. Sounds good too me...Meryl Hodge on the other hand is obscessed with Winslow and thinks he should be taken #1 overall...hehe
Big C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 06:11 PM   #5
PSUskinsfan11
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeJebus
Where did you hear this?

ESPN some reporter was in Washington and he said that basically we will not trade the pick but they are going through film as old as 2 years ago between Taylor and Winslow and he said that Gibbs has even talked to the Postons about Winslow. I hope to God this is a smokescreen and they are doing this just so no one trades up to take Taylor
PSUskinsfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 06:27 PM   #6
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C
Mark Schlereth seemed to think that Winslow would force Gibbs to change his whole offensive scheme, on the Draft show today, and thinks that Gibbs wont take him. Sounds good too me...Meryl Hodge on the other hand is obscessed with Winslow and thinks he should be taken #1 overall...hehe
I tend to agree with sclereth on this one, gibb's as he evolved as a head coach went away from the TE, which I alway's felt was a mistake, but that's what he did, if he does take Winslow it may be an indication that he's going to utilize a lot of the old san diego system to get Winslow the ball, he know's how to do it that's not a problem, it's whether he want's to ajust his game [gibb's] to accomadate Winslow.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 07:33 PM   #7
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Look, isn't it true that Gibbs offense uses the H-back a lot? Wouldn't KW II be the H-back? What would he have to change? RUn more pass plays to the H-back? Why not? What LB in the league could cover him? If the kid can block, he's a great fit. And skinsncanes tells us he can block.

If they take KW II, they'll have one of the most potent offenses in the league. I like Taylor too, but this is a good pick, assuming he doesn't hold out.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:10 PM   #8
offiss

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWsleep
Look, isn't it true that Gibbs offense uses the H-back a lot? Wouldn't KW II be the H-back? What would he have to change? RUn more pass plays to the H-back? Why not? What LB in the league could cover him? If the kid can block, he's a great fit. And skinsncanes tells us he can block.

If they take KW II, they'll have one of the most potent offenses in the league. I like Taylor too, but this is a good pick, assuming he doesn't hold out.
I think it's a misconception, he seldom used the h-back or TE's for anything other than blocking, that will obviously have to change if we draft Winslow.
offiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 08:15 PM   #9
JWsleep
Propane and propane accessories

Well, his experience with KW I in San Diego shows he can do it. Also, I remember "Touchdown" Terry Orr catching a few. And Clint Didier. But the point is that Gibbs offense uses this position in very creative ways. With a real weapon like KW II, it could be awesome. Again, I'm all for Taylor. But I think it's wrong to say that this would be a wasted pick or a terrible mistake. KW II is a real talent at a position the skins need to fill.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:36 PM   #10
MTK
\m/

Personally I think we have enough weapons on offense. But if Gibbs wants Winslow I guess I won't be too disappointed even though I prefer Taylor.

In Gibbs I trust!
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 09:00 PM   #11
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

plus he may be changing some of his offensive schemes to better suit the talent he has. he's already said he's gonna "steal" a few plays and formations here and there from some of the offenses that have been productive over the past few years. kc's offense could be a prime candidate if winslow is taken or even the vikings who utilize kleinsauser pretty well.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 09:02 PM   #12
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72
Personally I think we have enough weapons on offense. But if Gibbs wants Winslow I guess I won't be too disappointed even though I prefer Taylor.

In Gibbs I trust!
The honest to God's truth is, I don't care who they draft - just so long as Gibbs is coaching 'em.
JoeRedskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 09:10 PM   #13
kingerock
Special Teams

I personally would steer clear from both and go for a DT, but like JoeRedskin says, it doesn't matter with Daddy Gibbs at the helm.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:22 PM   #14
SKINSnCANES
Pro Bowl

Joe Gibbs never had a star receiving hback that would be a threat to send in motion, except when he was in San Diego, and had KW. And whats the big deal about saying Gibbs would have to change his offense, he hasnt coached in over 10 years. He doesnt have an offense anymore. He even said he watched a ton of film of all the teams that were succeeding and has been stealing their plays and adding his own twists to them. Worrying that he will have to adjust is going to be a problem whether he gets KWII or not, but its somethign none of us really worry about.
Old 04-23-2004, 09:33 PM   #15
Cush
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Personally I think we have enough weapons on offense
Agree, they should go D. I still don't understand why they had to give Denver a 2nd round pick in the Champ/Portis deal. There will be plently on D linemen available in the 2nd round
Cush is offline   Reply With Quote