Sam Howell Traded

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-14-2024, 05:22 PM   #16
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Sam Howell Traded

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Not to defend jamf but he was right all along , some folks need to eat some crow
I don't think that getting an improved draft pick proves him right, let's see what happens to Howell in Seattle.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-14-2024, 05:36 PM   #17
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I don't think that getting an improved draft pick proves him right, let's see what happens to Howell in Seattle.

Exactly. I seem to recall Jamf thought he wasn't worth a 7th rounder, not what I would call right all along, but its over now and Howell is gone. No need to dwell on what is past
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 05:39 PM   #18
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Trading a 17 game starting QB for two "improved" draft picks is the definition of dumping a guy for anything you can get. couldn't even get one whole pick for the bum.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 05:47 PM   #19
EdmundDorf
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
Trading a 17 game starting QB for two "improved" draft picks is the definition of dumping a guy for anything you can get. couldn't even get one whole pick for the bum.
So you would rather they had kept him?
EdmundDorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 05:51 PM   #20
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Pretty obvious Peters and Quinn liked Sam about as much as jamf did. His fate was sealed once they signed the quitter.

Sam has a lot of potential. I don't think the book is closed on him at all. As I have said, his good was as good as anyone was last year, and his bad was about as bad as it gets.

If whomever we draft plays like Sam did, I think most people here would take it year one. But because Sam was a 5th rounder, he wasn't getting a long rope, w/ the new regime or the fans.

John Schneider is a pretty sharp GM and sees some value. Wish Sam well.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 05:53 PM   #21
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Seattle was a player for Fields they chose Howell over Fields I think that says something right there

Old 03-14-2024, 05:56 PM   #22
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Ultimately the new staff wants their own quarterback and nobody can fault them for that.

Though the marketing department missed a golden opportunity to rename the team the Washington Wolves and have Howell as their quarterback I mean come on it's a perfect fit !!

Old 03-14-2024, 06:01 PM   #23
rocnrik
Playmaker

i'm a Sam fan so i'll be pulling for him to do well .. i guess we will find out his potential and if he fails then i'll be first to admit i was wrong ...
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 06:27 PM   #24
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Somewhere in Pacifica, SFRED is drowning his sorrows.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 06:30 PM   #25
HTTR
Special Teams

Quote:
Ultimately the new staff wants their own quarterback and nobody can fault them for that.

Though the marketing department missed a golden opportunity to rename the team the Washington Wolves and have Howell as their quarterback I mean come on it's a perfect fit !!

Totally agree on the marketing miss. Howling might have brought me back to exFedEx lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-14-2024, 07:00 PM   #26
rocnrik
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Not to defend jamf but he was right all along , some folks need to eat some crow
right about what ?? A young QB that was thrown to the wolves under a horrible run team with very little help with the OC .. yea ! we shall see how Sam plays under a real team .. we haven't had that in 23 years ! Currently our QB is MM .. hope that this Golden ticket number 2 pick works out..
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 07:47 PM   #27
mredskins
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
right about what ?? A young QB that was thrown to the wolves under a horrible run team with very little help with the OC .. yea ! we shall see how Sam plays under a real team .. we haven't had that in 23 years ! Currently our QB is MM .. hope that this Golden ticket number 2 pick works out..
i swear to god some of you are still holding on to pineapple jesus coming out of the grave and leading us to a super bowl
Old 03-14-2024, 08:47 PM   #28
That Guy
Living Legend

THE CULT OF COLT IS REBORN!
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 09:24 PM   #29
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
jamf will you at least give Howell some credit if we end up flipping one of these picks for a stud pick or player or we draft a stud with one of the Seahawks picks?

Because if we draft a pro bowler with the 78th overall pick that we got as a result of Howell playing - he gets a piece of the credit. He played well enough to improve our draft position and that counts for something.

Yes he played like ass in the second half of the season last year but I'm not tossing his career in the garbage yet. Lots of guys need multiple years of seasoning before they understand the NFL game. I won't be surprised if Howell stays in the league for 10+ years as a backup or mid-range starter. He's just not ready right now.

And give him credit where it's due - he played the entire year and got us the #2 overall pick. Imagine if he was mediocre enough to get us a classic Ron 8-8 record? If our next qb is a stud we can thank Howell for his efforts.

TL;DR: Thanks for everything Sam. Good or bad you played a direct role in setting up this franchise for the long term future. Your career isn't over yet and now get a chance to relax and take your time learning the game. Good luck - except for when you play us.
Old 03-14-2024, 09:25 PM   #30
Redskin Jim
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
Not one of the top three QBs in this years draft would have done any better than Sam. Not one.

That offensive line and play calling was a lesson in futility. It was never going to work out.

I agree with your sentiments, sir, and hope they give Daniels the protection he needs to succeed. Undersized and unprotected in the NFL will get you folded up like a lawn chair. Lord knows Daniels will be running too much already by way of his style of QB. He needs his blindside covered, and time to throw and grow in a new offense.