Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #61
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Re: Current Redskins Salary Cap Status - 2009

I think in a year that you have 4 draft picks and a lot of need, you would want to get some of those picks through a trade. Right now Moss would make the most sense. I think we could find a team to give us their 2nd rounder for Moss. While he has been great in some games, there are other games where he has been shut down and we have been fine (I believe the 1st game against the Iggles was an example). Someone said that Moss and ARE are those type of receivers that depend on speed, well once they hit 30 or more, they will lose a step and their effectiveness drops way down.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 01-12-2009, 02:09 PM   #62
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

If were going to rebuild the team then I think he could be traded for picks (Plural). He's still a very good receiver and is worth picks (Plural).

Seeing how Vinny says he wants more picks who could we trade?
Trample the Elderly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:23 PM   #63
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trample the Elderly View Post
If were going to rebuild the team then I think he could be traded for picks (Plural). He's still a very good receiver and is worth picks (Plural).

Seeing how Vinny says he wants more picks who could we trade?
We might get multiple picks for Santana but they would not equal the value of more than a 3rd rounder. No one's going to give us a 2nd for Moss.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 03:45 PM   #64
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
We might get multiple picks for Santana but they would not equal the value of more than a 3rd rounder. No one's going to give us a 2nd for Moss.
But with a 2nd rounder, we could trade our 1st round for a 2nd and a 4th round. I still think we could get a team to give us a 2nd rounder.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:39 PM   #65
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I like Moss, but I think it'd be great for the franchise if he's traded. It would likely be an unpopular move both with fans and teammates (especially #26) but it's probably in the best interests of the team long-term. And I think it'd be a great sign if Snyder, Cerrato and Co. were willing to show that they can make the unpopular move and not worry about the fan reaction.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:30 PM   #66
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

I'd like to see them cut Taylor, Springs, and Washington to start -- they just can't be relied on to play through an entire season.

Then, I'd like to sign Dansby, and get all the linemen we can in the draft. If we have room left over, a possession WR would be nice (somebody like Muhammed -- quiet, cheap and effective).
Old 01-13-2009, 02:20 PM   #67
dmek25
MVP

we cant keep wanting to trade the so called stars of the team. people complain about our receivers all of the time. so what do we want to do? trade are only legit receiver, thus creating another hole to fill. come on people, wise up
Old 01-13-2009, 03:47 PM   #68
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Trade Rumors only - Hog Heaven

According to the link above, the redskins are rumored to be attempted to trade the following players:
  • Carlos Rogers - 2nd Round Pick
  • Santana Moss - 2nd Round Pick
  • Kedrick Golston - 3rd Round Pick
  • Ladell Betts - 4th/5th Round Pick

The site also speculates that the Skins will attempt to trade Chris Horton for a 2nd Rounder. I actually like that move alot. LL can move back to SS and springs can move to FS/NB for a few years. I also like the idea of keeping Carlos, trading Moss, Golston, and Betts - if we could get a 4th rounder for him, which is doubtful. I personally think there is a chance we secretly shop Jason Campbell, too. If Vinny and Zorn are worried about their jobs, they may be more comfortable with a proven WCO vet starting next year.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #69
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Trade Rumors only - Hog Heaven

According to the link above, the redskins are rumored to be attempted to trade the following players:
  • Carlos Rogers - 2nd Round Pick
  • Santana Moss - 2nd Round Pick
  • Kedrick Golston - 3rd Round Pick
  • Ladell Betts - 4th/5th Round Pick

The site also speculates that the Skins will attempt to trade Chris Horton for a 2nd Rounder. I actually like that move alot. LL can move back to SS and springs can move to FS/NB for a few years. I also like the idea of keeping Carlos, trading Moss, Golston, and Betts - if we could get a 4th rounder for him, which is doubtful. I personally think there is a chance we secretly shop Jason Campbell, too. If Vinny and Zorn are worried about their jobs, they may be more comfortable with a proven WCO vet starting next year.
For what it's worth, I wrote that yesterday.

Horton is just me speculating, based on what I know of the Redskins desires and historical trends. I've heard nothing on him. The others are simply players who we know they are shopping, but in the case of Golston and Betts, what I believe they could reasonably get for them.
Old 01-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #70
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
we cant keep wanting to trade the so called stars of the team. people complain about our receivers all of the time. so what do we want to do? trade are only legit receiver, thus creating another hole to fill. come on people, wise up
I think the idea is that we arent going to be "contenders" for 2-3 more years - at which point Moss would be gone anyways. A smart GM would trade Moss now, realizing we need to get younger players who will be able to contribute to this team in the future - the idea is to lay the fondation for a dynsaty that can start in 2-3 years. Keeping Moss here would just perpetuate the cycle of mediocrity.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #71
MTK
\m/

You can still lay a foundation without trading away key veterans like Moss. Thomas and Kelly will both have the chance to compete for a starting job next year, and both should be ready to contribute much more than they did this year.

Trading away Moss would leave this WR corps in world of hurt for the short term. I understand the rationale for at least shopping Moss, but I don't like the idea of leaving such a big void in the WR corps.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:20 PM   #72
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Trading away Moss would leave this WR corps in world of hurt for the short term. I understand the rationale for at least shopping Moss, but I don't like the idea of leaving such a big void in the WR corps.
I know in terms of giving Jason Campbell the best chance to succeed, trading Moss is a tough pill to swallow in the short term, but there are cost-effective receivers in free agency every year that could bridge the gap to Kelly, and allow us to have our cake (the second round pick), and eat it too (still have a breakout year for Campbell).

But of course, you have to be careful not to screw Zorn over in the process: "Hey, we're taking away your best WR and CB, now go make the playoffs or your fired" style.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:25 PM   #73
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
I know in terms of giving Jason Campbell the best chance to succeed, trading Moss is a tough pill to swallow in the short term, but there are cost-effective receivers in free agency every year that could bridge the gap to Kelly, and allow us to have our cake (the second round pick), and eat it too (still have a breakout year for Campbell).

But of course, you have to be careful not to screw Zorn over in the process: "Hey, we're taking away your best WR and CB, now go make the playoffs or your fired" style.
I would hope Zorn would have a say in something as significant as letting a #1 WR go.

Maybe we could trade Moss and sign Houshmandzadeh? Probably wishful thinking as Cincy would be pretty dumb to let him get away. I'm not sure there are any other quality #1 types out there this year.
Old 01-13-2009, 04:26 PM   #74
celts32
Playmaker

I couldn't imagine getting a #2 for Moss. I would drive him to the airport if that were possible.

“Goal line, goal line. I-left, tight wing, 70 chip on white.”

www.facebook.com/HackettstownBeerClub
celts32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:43 PM   #75
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
I would hope Zorn would have a say in something as significant as letting a #1 WR go.

Maybe we could trade Moss and sign Houshmandzadeh? Probably wishful thinking as Cincy would be pretty dumb to let him get away. I'm not sure there are any other quality #1 types out there this year.
Probably have to cut Jason Taylor to do so, but that would be the closest possible thing to making up for that deal.

I don't think Housh will come cheap, but in the current economic climate, you never know, he just might.