Dallas postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-24-2018, 06:06 PM   #196
MTK
\m/

Re: Dallas postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Scoreboard operator...fire now. How many times do I have to look at the scoreboard to see we are losing? Fuck’em

Burn down the stadium, Skins should withdraw from the league and close up shop.

Advertisements
Old 11-24-2018, 09:38 PM   #197
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Burn down the stadium, Skins should withdraw from the league and close up shop.
Let's tie both themes of the thread together:

Hire Gregg Williams as HC!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 11-24-2018, 09:53 PM   #198
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Scoreboard operator...fire now. How many times do I have to look at the scoreboard to see we are losing? Fuck’em
Beer vendor... fuck'em. You can get 96 ounces of your favorite snobby beer from the 7-11 down the street that you can get a 12 ounce Bud Light for at Fedex.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 06:51 AM   #199
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
If you think the Cowgirls dominated, you weren't watching the same game I was. The difference was the 3-0 turnover ratio, and that is all folks. The two biggest differences between Colt and Alex (besides the two broken bones) is Alex doesn't turn the ball over like that, and Colt knows this offense much better than Alex. The loss sucks, but this team is far from done. Gonna have to win out in the division though. Colt can do this. I'd like to see more Bibbs and less AP though...
This and the 2 long TDs with missed tackles by Moreau and Dunbar and in both cases pathetic angles by Haha Clinton-Dix... He really had bad angles all game long!

And with all that (2 missed plays by the D, 3 turnovers [plus phantom penalties on 3rd down]) it still ended up being a one possession game !
And the phantom holding on Moreau ended up burning nearly 4 minutes of game clock...
Old 11-25-2018, 07:46 AM   #200
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
The secondary coach can't stop Moreau from playing like a pussy. He was in position on the 90 yarder. All he had to do was turn his head around and he probably could've made a play on the ball. The guy has no ball skills.
Instead of going for the tackle to get Cooper down #31 foolishly goes for the strip\fumble....Cooper keeps his legs moving and #31 slips off of him freeing Cooper to run a million miles to the end zone....when I saw the replay I just shook my head....
Old 11-25-2018, 09:22 AM   #201
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

I know some of the responses are sarcasm, but for serious ones it is quite interesting to reread the pregame comments before reading the during and post game ones. If the Redskins were a politician their approval rating went from 75% down to single digits in no time flat.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:24 AM   #202
httr198020
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
When you lose 2 OG, 2RB, 2WR, QB, LT for a few games you are going to suffer no matter who you are. Guice projected starter, Thompson key offensive weapon, Scherff and Williams pro-bowlers, your key slot receiver, highly paid FA acquisition WR. I say shitty luck.
I hear all of that. What you fail to mention is that this offense wasn't any good when those guys were healthy. In fact our offense hasn't been good since Sean McVay, Desean Jackson, and Garcon left the team. We got even worse this year without Kirk Cousins. It wouldn't have mattered if we were healthy or not. This offense is still pure trash.
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:35 AM   #203
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Beer vendor... fuck'em. You can get 96 ounces of your favorite snobby beer from the 7-11 down the street that you can get a 12 ounce Bud Light for at Fedex.
In a land far away and another place and time my Mom worked for the planning commission in the city of Anaheim when the Los Angeles Rams played there. The city owned the stadium. I am sure not much has changed. None of the vendors work for the stadium owner, they all lease space on multi year deals. On top of their lease they pay a percentage of sales, but that amount is insignificant compared to their space rent.

Most of that high cost of that beer are because of the rent the vending service pays to the stadium owner. Also another misconception is how much an empty stadium hurts the stadium owner which in the NFL is usually the team owner. It doesn't hurt as much as one thinks. The companies selling souvenirs, food and beverages are on 5-10 years leases no matter what they sell. While the stadium loses the percentage of sales that is counteracted by less cost for cleaning up the stadium. Also most tickets have been sold long in advance, someone already paid for those empty seats.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 11:26 AM   #204
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

That's what DJ was saying, we aren't respected because we don't prepare and we ALWAYS lose the prime time games under Jay. I'd love to know his record in such games. This year alone we are 0-2 and both games were ugly losses. I actually hope we lose out so there would be no question in bringing him back. I'm done with his lack of awareness in gamss and lack of fire. He always stands there with that fucking clueless look on his face like "o shit what do we do now". Also the fact that we are 0-5! When the other team scorea first is unheard-of. That shows he can't come back on anyone. The guy is a lameduck coach. Time to get some young guy in here that is hungry to make a name for himself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2018, 03:38 PM   #205
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Just some random notes from the game

- Tackling was pathetic way too many yards after the catch for Dallas
- Preston Smith was a monster
- Colt was way too sloppy, probably could have thrown 5 picks
- Quinn looks legit, bye bye Crowder
- Refs are just terrible
- Not ready to bury Colt, that was a tough task for him on a short week against a legit D
- Need more from the running game, Peterson seems to be looking for the home run too often
- Dunbar clearly not healthy
- Piss poor job by Ha Ha on the long TD
- Where has the run D gone?
Good thoughts.

I "watched the tape" (god I hate myself for saying this, sounds so pretentious...), so I'll go ahead and give mine:

-Fact: even with 2 TDs handed to the Cowboys on a silver platter, even with 3 bad turnovers by Colt (one of them half on him/half on Moses), even with awful calls by the refs (and non-calls, ie the hit to the helmet of a defenseless receiver on Reed late in the game) at least one of them on 3rd down, costing us more than 3 minutes of game clock... even with all of that, we lost a one possession road game to a division rival that we beat at home. We shouldn't feel as bad about this one as we did right after the game IMO.

-Josh Norman had a pretty bad game. The whole secondary did. Amari Cooper knows how to run routes though... And some of the sacks were coverage induced.

-But above all: HHCD took poor angles all game long and it costed us 14 points... The first one came on 3rd down too... Take away these 2 plays and our D did a good job.

-Pass rush was a huge positive from this game.

-Tim Settle played really well. He's developing really nicely. I'll make amend for being wrong about him during preseason by uploading a gif or 2 of plays he made.

-AP bounced outside wayyyyy too much. Sometimes there were yards to be taken. Either he doesn't trust his blockers, either his shoulder injury has him slightly scared of contact, just enough for him to subconsciously prefer to go outside than lower the boom.

-Still believe we can win some games with this team.

Last edited by FrenchSkin; 11-26-2018 at 09:12 AM.
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2018, 10:47 PM   #206
Warthog
The Starter

I agree, we will still win some games this season. I think we will be 8-8 or maybe even 9-7. I was upset after the game and wrote it was a "terrible" game but in retrospect, it was closer than it seemed. The team did not give up and fought to the end.

I just can't figure out why Gruden's team never plays well in the big, televised games. Obviously, this all reflects back to the coach.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 12:16 PM   #207
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

by record - and espn playoff generator based on win% - we should go 11-5. Assuming a blowout loss to the Eagles on Monday night, that would be 10-6. Doubting Gruden can pull off 4 in a row that is 9-7. Which is right in Gruden's comfort zone. We likely make the playoffs because of tie breakers games we have won. And I will go as far as to say we win the first game. Which unfortunately will be enough to let Gruden keep his job.

Regardless we are not beating the Saints or Rams (nobody else is in the playoffs either) so this year's NFC division round is the ceiling for this team.
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 01:30 PM   #208
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

D.J. Swearinger Sr. - 89.9
Ryan Anderson - 89.7
Zach Brown - 85.8
Ryan Kerrigan - 79.6
Preston Smith - 79.4

These are the top Graded Defensive players thru 12 weeks.
Old 11-26-2018, 01:31 PM   #209
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
D.J. Swearinger Sr. - 89.9
Ryan Anderson - 89.7
Zach Brown - 85.8
Ryan Kerrigan - 79.6
Preston Smith - 79.4

These are the top Graded Defensive players thru 12 weeks.
preston coming on strong
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 01:35 PM   #210
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
by record - and espn playoff generator based on win% - we should go 11-5. Assuming a blowout loss to the Eagles on Monday night, that would be 10-6. Doubting Gruden can pull off 4 in a row that is 9-7. Which is right in Gruden's comfort zone. We likely make the playoffs because of tie breakers games we have won. And I will go as far as to say we win the first game. Which unfortunately will be enough to let Gruden keep his job.

Regardless we are not beating the Saints or Rams (nobody else is in the playoffs either) so this year's NFC division round is the ceiling for this team.
I know I have been negative Nancy since Thursday but we ain't making the playoffs my man. Philly beats us by 10 next Monday and then we can finally accept that we wont be going.