Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

The FINAL Kirk Cousins Saga thread. 5.0

Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 07:22 PM   #886
WillH
The Starter

Re: The FINAL Kirk Cousins Saga thread. 5.0

You guys are too much. I have a different opinion, but I have 0 care if I'm wrong about what happens. You're so sure you're right that you don't even want to hear other opinions so badly that you're waiting for the hour that people can't have a differing opinion? Whatever guys, I'll stop posting about a tag and trade possibility.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 02-22-2018, 07:53 PM   #887
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
You guys are too much. I have a different opinion, but I have 0 care if I'm wrong about what happens. You're so sure you're right that you don't even want to hear other opinions so badly that you're waiting for the hour that people can't have a differing opinion? Whatever guys, I'll stop posting about a tag and trade possibility.

Everyone's allowed to have their opinion, man... It's just getting far fetched and the risk of hurting the team is very high... hey, I would love to tag and trade, but instead of over hyping a very small percentage chance that happens... ... we're on to Alex Smith. Next question lol
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 02-22-2018, 07:56 PM   #888
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
https://operations.nfl.com/football-...ant-nfl-dates/

"March 6 Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players."

So close. And yet so far away. March. The sixth. Four PM.
Right? Lol end this fucking circus peanut riddled bullshit already im sick of it.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Old 02-22-2018, 08:13 PM   #889
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Yeah hey man we can't post shit that was first reported by other sources such as Mike Florio or writers at ESPN, We have PRO WRITERS on this site that will say "stop posting bs".... that we didn't even come up with....... Got it
Old 02-22-2018, 10:03 PM   #890
WillH
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
First. The cap issue is that we have 48M right now (overthecap.com) KC franchise is 34M. Alex Smith is at least 17M but the new extension pushes it to 19-20M.
Last I checked 34 + 20 is greater than 48. So in order to play the tag game with KC and sign AS we would have to cut 6M in salary cap space for a risky ploy to up a draft spot 1 year and 1 round. And then we still couldn't try to sign our guys like Breeland or Zach Brown who aren't counted in our cap right now.

Further I don't think we need to make a big splash, but IF a player comes available, then it's stupid to sit in a self imposed cap hell and not be able to go after them.

edit:
Redskins FAs not currently counted in the 48M cap (would be lost in failed tag and trade effort)
Shawn Lauvao,
center Spencer Long,
linebacker Zach Brown Will Compton and Chris Carter,
cornerback Bashaud Breeland.
wide receivers Terrelle Pryor Sr. and Brian Quick,
tight end Niles Paul,
kicker Dustin Hopkins, defensive lineman Phil Taylor Sr.,
safety DeAngelo Halland
offensive lineman Tony Bergstrom

Not all of those are critical, but they all have to be accounted for.
This is a very good argument and why I mostly think "it" won't happen. I do think "it's" possible, there are ways to make some more room and sign some of our guys, and ZB probably will be allowed to test the market, it won't be as high as he thinks but Redskins will match and it'll be all good, if he hasn't already agreed to a team friendly deal. But I said I wouldn't post on this anymore, but thanks for the satisfying debate rather than complaint.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:12 PM   #891
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
LOL So cutting guys like Dez Bryant wouldn't free up cap?? Not bringing back Lawrence isn't possible? You always have to worry about what others post lol dude go chill out somewhere, once again it would be different if I just made that up BUT ONCE AGAIN it came from credible sources.

Kirk Cousins continues to become a brighter and shinier object, doesn’t, at some point, Jerry Jones stir and say, ‘Dak Prescott… Kirk Cousins? Dak Prescott… Kirk Cousins?’

Also I am not a NFL WRITER and I don't pretend to be one on this site... If you come to me with a resume saying you write for a pro sports team then I'll say OK you know your shit, if not fuck off bro
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you're such a dipshit
Old 02-22-2018, 10:12 PM   #892
WillH
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
Everyone's allowed to have their opinion, man... It's just getting far fetched and the risk of hurting the team is very high... hey, I would love to tag and trade, but instead of over hyping a very small percentage chance that happens... ... we're on to Alex Smith. Next question lol
I'm not trying to be a dick here. Im asking this sincerely, because I'd love to be also talking about Alex Smith, but there's literally another thread for that, so why no-one posting in it? Go talk there, if this conversation is over why is this thread still going? I don't know you all, I just don't post on threads I don't find interesting anymore.

Old 02-23-2018, 03:40 AM   #893
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
I'm not trying to be a dick here. Im asking this sincerely, because I'd love to be also talking about Alex Smith, but there's literally another thread for that, so why no-one posting in it? Go talk there, if this conversation is over why is this thread still going? I don't know you all, I just don't post on threads I don't find interesting anymore.

Honestly, I had not been checking this thread (and the 4 previous ones) for a pretty long time...
But it's pretty much the only one active these days... Plus the Kirk drama is spreading on other threads.

1) I was fed up with this drama even before the season ended, but I was keeping it to myself... "He's our QB, it's legit we are talking about him and what's gonna happen"...
All I had to do was avoid the Kirk's thread, and go on other threads.

2) After the season ended, other threads pretty much died. "Hey, it's legit, QB is a huge question mark for us"...

3) After the Alex Smith trade I thought "Great, we can now move on, go forward, talk about building the team" ... but the tag and trade scenarios came up ... "hey it's legit, the FO F'd up this situation, we want to get something back from him".

4) But when it's clear Kirk won't cooperate (and we need him to cooperate for this not to backfire in our face Dracarys style), and "journalists" are just digging for things to write about when nothing is happening, one is allowed to hope, coming to this board, that people are going to spend at least the same amount of time and energy talking about the future of this team that they do commenting and elaborating stories about our former QB...
Old 02-23-2018, 09:24 AM   #894
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you're such a dipshit
So you are telling me that a guy like Mike Florio who has been in the business for years and is a credible source for the NFL can say "Dallas could make a run" but if I say it "I'm a dipshit" So I just need to post stuff YOU want to read not stuff YOU think is pointless. Got it, I thought this site was for talking NFL rumors.... Guess it has to be boring same shit to talk about everyday.

The skins were 7-9 last yr, Eagles won the SB.... Cool stuff to talk about let me tell ya
Old 02-23-2018, 09:53 AM   #895
MTK
\m/

Kirk Cousins 2018 NFL free agency sweepstakes - Seven offers to sign quarterback, picking best
Old 02-23-2018, 10:04 AM   #896
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
So you are telling me that a guy like Mike Florio who has been in the business for years and is a credible source for the NFL can say "Dallas could make a run" but if I say it "I'm a dipshit" So I just need to post stuff YOU want to read not stuff YOU think is pointless. Got it, I thought this site was for talking NFL rumors.... Guess it has to be boring same shit to talk about everyday.

The skins were 7-9 last yr, Eagles won the SB.... Cool stuff to talk about let me tell ya
To be fair, Mike Florio is a dipshit
Old 02-23-2018, 10:05 AM   #897
MTK
\m/

Quote:

You’re being too nice
Old 02-23-2018, 10:05 AM   #898
Dan73
Special Teams

Let an immediate Superbowl contender sign him then start cutting players next year.

Building a team for one year runs at the expense of long term success is never good.

The Eagles will be gutted over the next few years because of cap space.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2018, 10:07 AM   #899
Dan73
Special Teams

Quote:
Yep and he tries to create drama especially it seems with skins.

Funny how if Snyder changed the name he would get positive press from some writers for him and the Skins. But until then ......

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2018, 10:08 AM   #900
MTK
\m/

So going all in and winning a SB isn’t worth it?