Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

NFL Anthem Policy

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 05-30-2018, 08:52 AM   #61
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: NFL Anthem Policy

And yet still who gives a F. I want to see the Skins play, and I would want to see them play if the whole team kneeled or stayed in the locker room or stood at attention on the sideline.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-30-2018, 08:53 AM   #62
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Oh punch, you continue to entertain.

You trolling again? Or is this where you tell me that you know ive always been a liberal blah blah blah? You are so hypocritical and so smug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:54 AM   #63
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I think the league handled this situation about as bad as it possibly could. But i do also blame the players for this mess. They should have quickly recognized that using their platform in this manner was unproductive and not achieving their desired result. They should have switched gears and engaged in a form of protest (or other activism) where the MESSAGE will be the focus instead of the way in which it’s delivered.
I don't blame the players, but, other than that, I agree with everything in this statement. As to blame, there is plenty to go around.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:00 AM   #64
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
You trolling again? Or is this where you tell me that you know ive always been a liberal blah blah blah? You are so hypocritical and so smug.
Get it right. I simply said your blinded by your self-righteousness and, because of that, you make a lot of uninformed statements and resort to demonizing those who disagree with your perspective.

As to being a hypocrite, you said yourself you haven't even read what I posted so what exactly did I say that was hypocritical?

As to being smug, it's only because I am smarter and better than you in every way.

As to trolling, I would NEVER do that.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:01 AM   #65
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

NFL Anthem Policy

Quote:
Get it right. I simply said your blinded by your self-righteousness and, because of that, you make a lot of uninformed statements and resort to demonizing those who disagree with your perspective.

As to being a hypocrite, you said yourself you haven't even read what I posted so what exactly did I say that was hypocritical?

As to being smug, it's only because I am smarter and better than you in every way.

As to trolling, I would NEVER do that.

Actually I didn’t read most of it. Because honestly every post you make sounds like you are trying to pen some timeless epic. You turn what could be said in three words into 50, and it is annoying as hell. Anyway...
Smug. Little. Hypocrite.
Now do me a huge favor and leave me alone for another five years. Please.

Last edited by punch it in; 05-30-2018 at 09:24 AM.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:05 AM   #66
JoeRedskin

Okay. I am done. Punch, this is clearly something you have strong views on. I can respect that even though I don't agree with every characterization you make or imply.

I apologize for any and all personal attacks and withdraw them without reserve.

At the same time, I suggest to you that I am neither a hypocrite nor a bigot and that the same is true of the Ravens fans I spoke of earlier (one of whom, believe it or not, is a life-long Democrat who voted for Hilary and with whom I consistently and reasonably debate).
Old 05-30-2018, 10:40 AM   #67
Giantone
Gamebreaker

How about those Caps?????
Old 05-30-2018, 11:10 AM   #68
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
And yet still who gives a F. I want to see the Skins play, and I would want to see them play if the whole team kneeled or stayed in the locker room or stood at attention on the sideline.
Same with me. I am not opposed to people protesting social injustice at all. And I understand that getting the attention called to such is to do so during a time in which people are going to pay attention (kneeling during the NA.) I don't agree with the practice, but I fully support one's freedom of speech to do just that.

Having said all of that, in years past, the only time the NA was ever televised was during the Super Bowl. Since I didn't grow up going to pro football games, I always assumed it was just something saved for the big game. I never realized they played it at every game, which I guess make sense, because they played the NA at high school football games and college games that I have attended in the past. Still, never paid attention to who was on the field during that time.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:23 AM   #69
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
...You turn what could be said in three words into 50, and it is annoying as hell. ...
JR using 50 words for 3. Man, he was being lazy!
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 11:33 AM   #70
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I hope they win! I am a casual/band-wagon fan at best but, damn, they have been snake bit.
Old 05-30-2018, 11:34 AM   #71
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
JR using 50 words for 3. Man, he was being lazy!
I know. I thought I was being rather concise.
Old 05-30-2018, 05:48 PM   #72
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
I don't blame the players, but, other than that, I agree with everything in this statement. As to blame, there is plenty to go around.

I’m not blaming them for their initial strategy. It was a brave and bold move. But once it became apparent that the strategy was failing, and they were becoming the discussion point instead of the REAL issue, they should have adapted. Compare it to being a salesman who can’t sell anything: it could be that people just don’t want your product and nothing you can do could change that, but it could also be that you need to try a new approach to get people to listen to your pitch.

If what you’re doing isn’t working, and you aren’t willing to try another approach, you have to look in the mirror and realize you are part of the problem.

Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 05:55 PM   #73
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
The players cant help if a group ( a big, powerful, white group) of people choose to turn a blind eye to the heart of the matter and paint them as unpatriotic hooligans. I think that it certainly pushed racism to the forefront. The question now is do people care? Usually if a certain cause does not directly affect someone they probably will not care about it. Sad but true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

You’re missing the point - those big powerful white (possible closet racists) are there and in power. You can’t ignore that. That is reality. Because of the noise these powerful men (and their constituents) have made, the discussion has changed from what they supposedly wanted it to be. Instead of talking about white cops killing young black men, were talking about young black men allegedly disrespecting the flag.

The conversation has changed. they have it in their power to redirect the conversation back to what’s really important, but they’ve chosen not to. I blame them for not finding a new strategy to use their platform to get people talking about IMPORTANT things again. We’ll never see progress if both sides just keep digging their heels in and doing the same things.

Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 06:19 PM   #74
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
You’re missing the point - those big powerful white (possible closet racists) are there and in power. You can’t ignore that. That is reality. Because of the noise these powerful men (and their constituents) have made, the discussion has changed from what they supposedly wanted it to be. Instead of talking about white cops killing young black men, were talking about young black men allegedly disrespecting the flag.

The conversation has changed. they have it in their power to redirect the conversation back to what’s really important, but they’ve chosen not to. I blame them for not finding a new strategy to use their platform to get people talking about IMPORTANT things again. We’ll never see progress if both sides just keep digging their heels in and doing the same things.

Well BLM doesn’t hold their protests during the National Anthem and the same white folks call bullshit on them. I hear what you are saying but I am just saying minds are made up already and racists will never give a crap about a dead black man no matter what the platform. Racism is a disease just like cancer and unfortunately they both find a way to hang around. To paint the kneelers as unpatriotic is just crap that is all im saying really. I wish i had a cure for racism. I wish i had a cure for cancer. I don’t. All I can do is call bullshit bullshit when I see it. Gives me some sense of satisfaction I guess.
Old 05-30-2018, 06:55 PM   #75
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
I'll drink to that!

/Still in shock at how unbelievably good Vegas is. They aren't flashy, but they are consistent in their approach.

//back to football.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote