Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

What’s your plan for the Quarterback position?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-03-2019, 12:25 PM   #196
sandtrapjack
The Starter

Re: What’s your plan for the Quarterback position?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
All I remember is RGIII got us in playoffs and didn’t he get rookie of year?? I also recall that folks blamed shanny for playing him hurt thus really hurting his career.. I just don’t remember thinking boy we really blew it when the deal went down.. the worse moves I remember is the Mcnabb and fat Albert deals .. horrible to say the least .. the way they handled Cousins is probably the way the Vikings would handle him in the same situation.. think minny is happy about what went down last year?? They thought Kirk was ticket to Super bowl.. didn’t make playoffs! Smith was somewhat of desperate move but at time a lot of football people liked the move.. and we had a winning record until he got hurt... I’m just saying it’s all about how you remember ..
I always wondered that if Shanahan truly thought RGIII was 'the answer', why did they draft Cousins in the same draft?

I do not know how to twist it where it makes it look good on the front office on how Cousins was handled. To allow a starting caliber QB leave with absolutely nothing to show in return is a franchise atrocity. If you knew you were not getting the deal done, trade him. Get value back. A 2nd, 3rd or even a 4th rounder is something. But don't let him walk with nothing in return. Even Andy Reid got a third rounder for Alex Smith. You don't think someone would have given a third for Cousins?

Agreed Vikes under-performed last season. But they still have a very talented roster and with the Packers in 'rebuild mode', it's between the Bears and Vikes for the NFC North. Vikes will be in the hunt in 2019.
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-03-2019, 01:00 PM   #197
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
So you are assuming that Alex would have come to the team without the contract we gave him? Is that a fact? Are you his agent?

I didn't like giving up Fuller either, so I give you that.

Smith wasn't lighting the world on fire, but it was his first season with the team and even without him lighting it up on offense the team was winning. The team could have had more ugly-wins had he stayed healthy or he could have stunk it up, but no one knows what could have happened.

Also, my issue with fans and Alex is that they always made excuses for Cousins and were willing to give him a pass when he played here. But they were expecting Alex to come in and win right away and not give him the same leeway Cousins was given.

FYI, Smith had been in the league and started a ton of games before Cousins was even drafted. He wasn't going to get a pass for poor play.

It was just another bad trade, another mismanage of the QB position. Hope they finally get it right this time around after several failed attempts.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:53 PM   #198
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Would you do Rosen and Cards 2nd for #15 and Kennum
Old 04-03-2019, 02:14 PM   #199
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
I've proposed that a few times, minus trading Keenum. Keenums not going anywhere.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:33 PM   #200
diehardskin2982
Another Year, another mess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
I've proposed that a few times, minus trading Keenum. Keenums not going anywhere.
I'd do it. We could possibly still pick up Parris Campbell, and Chris Lindstrom Guard from Boston College both in the second round.
Old 04-03-2019, 05:41 PM   #201
REDSKINS4ever
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardskin2982 View Post
The only way I'd do that trade is if they include Chanlder Jones in the package.....
Old 04-03-2019, 06:49 PM   #202
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I would put in one of our 3rd rounders for Rosen. That is as high as I'd go for him. The 1st and 2nd rounders are and should be off the table. So Keenum and one of our 3rd rounders. I would do that deal.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 07:13 PM   #203
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The cards are going to want more than a 3rd most likely, i’d Offer the 2nd and draft a WR or Edge with 15
Old 04-05-2019, 08:33 AM   #204
MTK
\m/

How the Redskins emerged as the front-runners to trade for Josh Rosen
Old 04-05-2019, 09:00 AM   #205
Defensewins
Playmaker

The latest came from ESPN's Todd McShay, who said of Rosen on his podcast, "I keep hearing Washington. They are the most likely of teams. They seem to be the most interested in Josh Rosen."
Read 'most interested' as the Redskins are desperate and dumb enough to offer their 2nd round pick, more than any other team.
All of the other teams know Cardinals have no leverage and are offering less.
Defensewins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 09:25 AM   #206
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
The latest came from ESPN's Todd McShay, who said of Rosen on his podcast, "I keep hearing Washington. They are the most likely of teams. They seem to be the most interested in Josh Rosen."
Read 'most interested' as the Redskins are desperate and dumb enough to offer their 2nd round pick, more than any other team.
All of the other teams know Cardinals have no leverage and are offering less.
I'm sorry but I don't see getting last year's 10th overall pick for a 2nd round pick as dumb.
Might not be the greatest move ever. Maybe could be done for less. But it's a move that would make a ton of sense for us.
Rosen is the solution at QB that scares me the less with our current FO and HC.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:27 AM   #207
sevier2
Impact Rookie

All I can say is if we DO bring in Rosen and Gruden can turn him around like McVay did with Goff, Gruden will have earned himself another couple years here.

A lot of Rosen's mistakes last year seemed mental but he definitely has the arm talent.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:30 AM   #208
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I'm sorry but I don't see getting last year's 10th overall pick for a 2nd round pick as dumb.
Might not be the greatest move ever. Maybe could be done for less. But it's a move that would make a ton of sense for us.
Rosen is the solution at QB that scares me the less with our current FO and HC.
I agree. If Rosen was in this years draft he would be a 1st rounder. We're essentially using our 2nd round pick on him.

It also opens up our options as we don't need to be looking at Lock or the other QB's in the draft.

For our given situation, it makes sense to make this trade.
Old 04-05-2019, 10:13 AM   #209
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

If a deal gets done for a 2nd rounder (and a pick next year), then i fully expect us to trade back from 15 to recoup the pick.
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 10:30 AM   #210
MTK
\m/

A 2nd for Rosen is dumb? Really?