Old 10-03-2022, 10:11 AM   #107
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Re: Ron Rivera

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
If we are being Real, Jay Gruden was probably better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have zero doubts Gruden is better but maybe that is me being myopic. He had two winning seasons and did that with a GM that undermined him at every turn. I would have liked to see what he would have been capable of with a solid GM (I don't even need a good one just give me a GM in the 14th-17th best in the league range). The defense was generally abysmal under his watch
Old 10-03-2022, 10:28 AM   #108
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Honestly it's time for tank mode.

The NFCE is way better than we thought and we won't win a game in the division with this staff. Look at our schedule, it's brutal.

4 Wins max
Old 10-03-2022, 12:28 PM   #109
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I have zero doubts Gruden is better but maybe that is me being myopic. He had two winning seasons and did that with a GM that undermined him at every turn. I would have liked to see what he would have been capable of with a solid GM (I don't even need a good one just give me a GM in the 14th-17th best in the league range). The defense was generally abysmal under his watch
I was going to post something similar yesterday but I thought it was the tequila talking.
Jay and McVay understood how to call a complete game and how to setup plays.
Turner has no plan. He is picking plays at random and it shows.

I'm going to double down on this and say Rivera with his coaching staff is the worst we've ever had in modern history.

I'd Take Jay and McVay over this bullshit.
I'd also take Zorn and Sherman Smith/Greg Blache over this shitshow.

Rivera Quiet Quit when he got cancer.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 12:31 PM   #110
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
I was going to post something similar yesterday but I thought it was the tequila talking.

I'm going to double down on this and say Rivera with his coaching staff is the worst we've ever had in modern history.

Ron isn't worse than Zorn but he's not better than Mike S or Jay Gruden . At least both of those coaches had fun seasons , man we are so dull and boring and have been for 3 years. Ron needs to go asap
Old 10-03-2022, 04:15 PM   #111
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Ron as a GM, a complete failure. Ron as a Head Coach, a complete failure

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 06:41 PM   #112
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I have said that I would reserve judgment until the team has played four games. Part of me wants to extend that to six, but Fuck it.

First of all, while a significant hole has been dug, it is still possible to turn things around...and that's a bunch of BS - lol

The on the field game management is terrible.
The play calling is terrible.
The offensive line is terrible.
The decision making by the QB is terrible.
The defense giving up big play after big play is terrible.
There have been flashes and some nice plays, but those are so few and far between that they are really insignificant in my opinion. Like the saying goes, the sun shines on a dogs ass every once in a while. For the most part, this offense has not delivered - at all, and it's getting worse by the week. The defense may actually be improving in some areas, but it doesn't matter if you can't score points (~18 points per game, and a lot of those in garbage time after being down 20+).
The secondary has some nice pieces, but they are so inconsistent that it's not even funny anymore. I actually don't even think that the collective talent there is bad, but they are out of position way too often, leading to big plays that just crush hopes.
The linebackers...man. J Davis actually looks to be getting better in my opinion. He may be even better than C Holcomb at this point (big whoop), but collectively the LB group is very underwhelming to say the least. It's a glaring failure 2+ years into this regime.
Special teams is meh... It says a lot when your Punter is consistently the MVP of the games/season.
I was unaware that yesterday - in game 4, was the first field goal attempt by J Slye. At least he made it.
We need a return game badly. There were better returner candidates on this team in the preseason, than what we have seen thrown out there the first four games.
The defensive line is the only position group that has shown up this year (maybe you can say the receivers have as well when given a chance, but ST and CW haven't been able to consistently get them the ball).

The product on the field is getting worse every time the team takes the field, and it's a direct result of poor management of the roster, and poor coaching, both of which lead to RR. The lack of talent for certain position groups, combined with the inability to have this team prepared to play, or to adjust to what's happening on the field, is unacceptable. I think the players probably care too, especially the Captains, and it's only a matter of time before this thing absolutely implodes from within. The sky is officially falling...

The only reason I might watch next Sunday is because Brian Robinson may play, and I think that is nothing short of awesome for that kid. I truly wish him the best. Too bad for him that he was drafted by this team.

What a soup sandwich this team is.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 07:38 PM   #113
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Ron laying down some f-bombs.

Kinda wish he'd just say "it starts at the top - we need to improve as coaches and put these guys in better position to succeed." I'd respect that more than his long statement about how rebuilding takes time.

The problem is he's in year 3 and there has been a clear regression from last year to now.
Old 10-03-2022, 07:55 PM   #114
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

Kinda wish he'd just say "it starts at the top - we need to improve as coaches and put these guys in better position to succeed." I'd respect that more than his long statement about how rebuilding takes time.

The problem is he's in year 3 and there has been a clear regression from last year to now.
It's everyone's fault but Ron's.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 08:14 PM   #115
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
It's everyone's fault but Ron's.

He’s cussing like that’s going to get our attention lmfao. Bro u suck and your team sucks. Saying the F word doesn’t make us like you more.. fire this dude already

Old 10-03-2022, 10:57 PM   #116
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Ron Rivera

Pointing out it’s been going on for a while - aka it aint all on me.
And saying it aint gonna change over night? It’s been 3 years. And we are getting worse. It’s changing Ron. Into a worse shitshow. Seriously fuck this guy. He is awful. Awful coach, awful gm, awful spokesmen. Fire his ass.

Keeps saying until everything is in place. Lol. He is the one drafting. He is the one letting guys walk and bringing in every bum from Carolina. What a fuckin clown.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 11:06 PM   #117
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Demarco Ryans for Head Coach

Martin Mayhew was with him for several years in San Fran, maybe that a good relationship that could bring him over

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 11:20 PM   #118
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Pointing out it’s been going on for a while - aka it aint all on me.
And saying it aint gonna change over night? It’s been 3 years. And we are getting worse. It’s changing Ron. Into a worse shitshow. Seriously fuck this guy. He is awful. Awful coach, awful gm, awful spokesmen. Fire his ass.

Keeps saying until everything is in place. Lol. He is the one drafting. He is the one letting guys walk and bringing in every bum from Carolina. What a fuckin clown.

Hey buddy it takes time! ……

Old 10-04-2022, 08:59 AM   #119
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post

I've suspected for a long time that RR truly believes he has a full five years as HC and de facto GM to build this team. His latest comments seem to confirm my suspicions. Hopefully, the obvious regression of this team will light a fire under his ass and he will make some meaningful changes right away.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 10:14 AM   #120
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post

I will say I thought ST did a better play calling job against Dallas not great but better. Dumb penalties hurt them. I definitely liked Jay as a coach as I look back at his tenure. Bruce had to get rid of Pierre and Deshawn and then undermine Kurt in order for Jay to have two 7-9 seasons.