Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

With the 13th Pick the Washington Redskins select...

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-25-2018, 09:16 PM   #151
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Re: With the 13th Pick the Washington Redskins select...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
We are trading down folks get ready

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
It should depend on who is there when we pick. To trade back just to recoup a pick would be stupid.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 04-25-2018, 09:21 PM   #152
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
cooleys film breakdown did it for me. He’s just not a pass rusher. teams that spend most of their time in the 3-4 and nickel shouldn’t take a pure run stuffer that high. He’s be coming off on 3rd down most of tihe time. It’s jus not getting the most bang for your buck.

Plus, with me personally, i don’t like him at 13 because i think at least one of those other 4 guys (2 DBs and 2 LBs) will be there and i personally like them better. This draft is supposedly pretty deep at rb and interior DL, so unless we trade down, I’d rather get a more talented player with our first and get DT And RB later. Or even not draft a DT in the first 4 rounds and sign Hankins.

We have room for significant improvement at almost every position (save for QB and OT). If we can’t ttade down, i want the best player on the board at 13. If the skins believe it’s Vea, then fine, but at 13 we can’t afford to reach even a little.

He isn’t a pass rusher because he ate up two guys on every play. He allowed their pass rushers to dominate. He will do the same thing at the next level. So to me we are getting the run stuffer and he makes our ends better. He makes our dbs better as a result to. He eats up blockers. Ends get to the quarterback quicker. Quarterback has to release the ball faster. Total bang for the buck. You can draft an edge rusher but with a hole in the middle it will be more of the same. Gashed up the middle. Anyway we will see what happens. Imo the only way we do not get him is if he goes ahead of us and that wouldn’t surprise me one bit.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 09:22 PM   #153
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Is it a possibility we stick at 13 than trade back in the second to pick up a third?
Old 04-25-2018, 10:11 PM   #154
Irrefutable
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Is it a possibility we stick at 13 than trade back in the second to pick up a third?
Good idea, although I doubt it would happen.. They would need to add an extra 2018 pick or a 2019 pick.
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:21 PM   #155
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
Good idea, although I doubt it would happen.. They would need to add an extra 2018 pick or a 2019 pick.

Gotcha. Id do that but im extremely impatient. Anyway. I had my buddy design this prototype jersey. If things go the way I expect them to ill be rocking this next year......

Old 04-25-2018, 11:32 PM   #156
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Quote:
He isn’t a pass rusher because he ate up two guys on every play. He allowed their pass rushers to dominate. He will do the same thing at the next level. So to me we are getting the run stuffer and he makes our ends better. He makes our dbs better as a result to. He eats up blockers. Ends get to the quarterback quicker. Quarterback has to release the ball faster. Total bang for the buck. You can draft an edge rusher but with a hole in the middle it will be more of the same. Gashed up the middle. Anyway we will see what happens. Imo the only way we do not get him is if he goes ahead of us and that wouldn’t surprise me one bit.

This is changing the subject a bit, but If we don’t get Vea or Payne, i think there’s an extremely good chance we sign Hankins, who would not only fill that need in the middle of our d-like, but is the best free agent still out there by far. There are no comparable free agents out there at our other positions of need.

My dream scenario is that we sign edmunds/Fitzpatrick/smith/James with our first, Nab a guard with our second, Sign Hankins, Sign CJ Anderson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:12 AM   #157
skinsy
Camp Scrub

We lost 2 young starting caliber DBs (Bree and Fuller), and gave up on another young dB (Sua). Ok Sua gave up on us. Either way, our secondary is dramatically weaker than it has been the last few years. Either 1st or 2nd round pick has to be a DB.
skinsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:33 AM   #158
DYoungJelly
The Starter

I'm going to echo some of you guys who have been listening to the Cooley film breakdowns.

If we make a pick at 13 and don't trade back, get a game changing All Pro caliber talent, Edmunds, Fitzpatrick, James, Smith, or whoever.

I would rather have an All pro caliber talent at any position, than an above average player at a position of need. Stars make plays and change games.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:50 AM   #159
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsy View Post
We lost 2 young starting caliber DBs (Bree and Fuller), and gave up on another young dB (Sua). Ok Sua gave up on us. Either way, our secondary is dramatically weaker than it has been the last few years. Either 1st or 2nd round pick has to be a DB.
I hear you, but I'd counterbalance that reminding that we should be expecting quite a lot of improvement from Moreau and Nicholson in their second years, Dunbar should also have room for improvement entering his 5th year at this position, and we signed Scandrick.

So I'd say improving our front 7 still is a higher priority.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:13 AM   #160
MTK
\m/

Quote:

He isn’t a pass rusher because he doesn’t have any moves and he needs a lot of work in that area of his game, listen to Cooley’s breakdown.

He wins with power and as strong as he is the ridiculous mismatches he has in college aren’t going to happen nearly as often in the pros.

I don’t have any problem with taking him if Fitzpatrick, James, Edmunds, and Smith are gone by then, which certainly could happen.
Old 04-26-2018, 07:26 AM   #161
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

What’s impressive is not just the big hits and wow plays...his dissecting the play and awareness is off the charts.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 07:34 AM   #162
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
This is changing the subject a bit, but If we don’t get Vea or Payne, i think there’s an extremely good chance we sign Hankins, who would not only fill that need in the middle of our d-like, but is the best free agent still out there by far. There are no comparable free agents out there at our other positions of need.

My dream scenario is that we sign edmunds/Fitzpatrick/smith/James with our first, Nab a guard with our second, Sign Hankins, Sign CJ Anderson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good thinking! That works for me. I think we would be an improved football team, especially so if the OG could start right away.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 08:40 AM   #163
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Scrolling across the bottom of espn screen...Redskins: only team to allow at least 4.5 yards per rush the last 3 season.

I can’t stress this enough, NT/DT is a major fucking need. It’s pathetic...
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 09:00 AM   #164
MTK
\m/

I like the idea of Tim Settle in the 2nd round
Old 04-26-2018, 09:05 AM   #165
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

It's draft day folks!! Finally, (I consider this the official start of the season).

I still hope we trade down