Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Montae Nicholson Arrested

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2018, 02:41 PM   #76
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 1,758
Re: Montae Nicholson Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Did any of those guys stop and beat the crap out of someone who was not fighting back?
So what's the remedy and why?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-22-2018, 03:01 PM   #77
Buffalo Bob
Impact Rookie
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 660
Re: Montae Nicholson Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
So what's the remedy and why?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
My point was is you appeared to be comparing driving after drinking of a few Redskins from the glory days to committing assault and battery against someone who was extremely over matched. There were plenty of stories going around about John Riggins embarrassing himself while drunk, none of those stories referenced him viciously beating someone.

As far as repercussions, whether fair or not some people in different lines of work are held to different standards. The more popular you are whether it be an athlete, politician or movie star misbehavior will be more career damaging than for the average Joe. I do believe the NFL policy on smoking marijuana needs to go. I don't smoke, only tried it in college a couple times, it definitely is not as dangerous as alcohol. The fact someone like Josh Gordon is probably getting a lifetime ban for smoking pot is a joke.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 03:52 PM   #78
SolidSnake84
Playmaker
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 2,535
Re: Montae Nicholson Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
IMO the real moral of this story is to be careful who you pick a fight with because they could be an NFL player who will beat your ass into the ground or worse yet have a gun and blow you away. Just walk away because you aren't as tough as you think you are.
Whats it got to do with being an NFL player? I work with guys every day who would eat your average NFL player for a snack. No question. 100% trained fighters. People equate being in the NFL with being able to fight / be tough, etc. Montae looked OK against what was obviously an untrained / drunk guy who had no clue what to do fight wise.

And a regular guy would absolutely jump at taking the chance to kick an NFL player's ass because we are in the age of everybody having a smart phone and every one wanting their 15 minutes of fame. I think the players are at higher risk putting themselves in bad / testy situations, because there's always someone wanting to test you.

But you hit the nail on the head - just walk away. Because you are right, as tough as you think you might be, you are one gunshot away from being dead, so toughness then doesn't matter.
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 04:11 PM   #79
DYoungJelly
The Starter
 
DYoungJelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Clintwood, VA
Posts: 1,758
Re: Montae Nicholson Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
My point was is you appeared to be comparing driving after drinking of a few Redskins from the glory days to committing assault and battery against someone who was extremely over matched. There were plenty of stories going around about John Riggins embarrassing himself while drunk, none of those stories referenced him viciously beating someone.



As far as repercussions, whether fair or not some people in different lines of work are held to different standards. The more popular you are whether it be an athlete, politician or movie star misbehavior will be more career damaging than for the average Joe. I do believe the NFL policy on smoking marijuana needs to go. I don't smoke, only tried it in college a couple times, it definitely is not as dangerous as alcohol. The fact someone like Josh Gordon is probably getting a lifetime ban for smoking pot is a joke.
Again, I couldn't care less about an organization or company firing Monte or anyone else. If a company doesn't want to associate with someone that's the company's prerogative.

What grinds my gears is how fake and hypocritical the lynch mob is.

The same people that want him unemployed immediately would be fine with him starting on the morning shift at McDonald's.

The hypocrites would be offended again, if after he was fired he didn't try to support himself and applied for govt assistance.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
__________________
I'm tired of these monkey fighting snakes on this Monday to Friday plane!
DYoungJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 04:31 PM   #80
Buffalo Bob
Impact Rookie
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 660
Re: Montae Nicholson Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
Whats it got to do with being an NFL player? I work with guys every day who would eat your average NFL player for a snack. No question. 100% trained fighters. People equate being in the NFL with being able to fight / be tough, etc. Montae looked OK against what was obviously an untrained / drunk guy who had no clue what to do fight wise.

And a regular guy would absolutely jump at taking the chance to kick an NFL player's ass because we are in the age of everybody having a smart phone and every one wanting their 15 minutes of fame. I think the players are at higher risk putting themselves in bad / testy situations, because there's always someone wanting to test you.

But you hit the nail on the head - just walk away. Because you are right, as tough as you think you might be, you are one gunshot away from being dead, so toughness then doesn't matter.
Not sure where your coming from, of course your average NFL player is not a trained fighter. As someone who boxed as an amateur from the age 14 to 24 I know a little knowledge and experience in any of the self defense arts goes a long way in a physical altercation against an unskilled opponent. If people have equal skills the bigger stronger guy with a solid chin is going to win 99% of the time. Montae's fighting style would have gotten his butt kicked against someone who was sober with even minimal boxing or other self defense skills, but that was not the case.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 09:45 PM   #81
SolidSnake84
Playmaker
 
SolidSnake84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Stephens City, VA
Posts: 2,535
Re: Montae Nicholson Arrested

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
Not sure where your coming from, of course your average NFL player is not a trained fighter. As someone who boxed as an amateur from the age 14 to 24 I know a little knowledge and experience in any of the self defense arts goes a long way in a physical altercation against an unskilled opponent. If people have equal skills the bigger stronger guy with a solid chin is going to win 99% of the time. Montae's fighting style would have gotten his butt kicked against someone who was sober with even minimal boxing or other self defense skills, but that was not the case.
I'm in the gym 90% of the time working with fighters, and some folks who are learning the martial arts and trying to find out if being a fighter is for them, So i'm kind of sorry, when I saw Irish's post warning someone about fighting an NFL player, like being in the NFL automatically qualified them for being able to dole out a butt whooping. The lesson to learn, like Irish said, is be careful anytime you get in that situation. In my experience, technique beats size and strength on many occasions. I did agree with their point of walking away in an altercation, because no matter how tough you feel you are, someone can easily shoot you dead, especially in a road rage, etc. incident. This is an incident that we should all learn from. As puffed up and "tough" as Montae may have felt after KO'ing that dude, this could have been a sad story if one of the dude's running buddies / girlfriend, etc., blew him away. That's the crazy world we live in now. There's almost no such thing as a fair fight anymore.
__________________
Time to nut up or shut up
SolidSnake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.05048 seconds with 10 queries