Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Homecoming / Houston Thread

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2018, 09:18 PM   #31
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 24,418
Re: Homecoming / Houston Thread

I'll be the first to admit on here. I wrote Anderson off all off season.

I'll happily eat that crow
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-13-2018, 11:33 PM   #32
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 3,357
Re: Homecoming / Houston Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Man, Ryan Anderson...dude is playing well. He needs to get more snaps period
Yes! I've been critical of this dude but he seems to be improving every game.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:15 AM   #33
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,782
Re: Homecoming / Houston Thread

I was about to say this is the game I'm the least confident we can win of our remaining ones.

Then I looked at the Texans' schedule ... and they've sure been on a hot streak, but it's not like they've beaten great teams either (L@NE, L@TEN, LvsNYG, W@IND, WvsDAL, WvsBUF,W@JAX, WvsMIA, W@DEN).

If our D plays up to it's potential, I could see a close game that could go either way. But I really wouldn't lose sweat over an L this week, because I don't see a game we couldn't win after that.

Oh, and get ready, no matter who covers him, DeAndre Hopkins is going to make some nice catches, no need to roast anybody for that, he's uncoverable. I would double him all game, we can afford that with Fuller out.

My Kool Aid/Manusky has a plan for Hopkins prediction: Skins 17 Texans 14

But I really wouldn't lose my mind over a loss.
__________________
Is there another french fan of the Redskins?
FrenchSkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:54 AM   #34
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 24,418
Re: Homecoming / Houston Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I was about to say this is the game I'm the least confident we can win of our remaining ones.

Then I looked at the Texans' schedule ... and they've sure been on a hot streak, but it's not like they've beaten great teams either (L@NE, L@TEN, LvsNYG, W@IND, WvsDAL, WvsBUF,W@JAX, WvsMIA, W@DEN).

If our D plays up to it's potential, I could see a close game that could go either way. But I really wouldn't lose sweat over an L this week, because I don't see a game we couldn't win after that.

Oh, and get ready, no matter who covers him, DeAndre Hopkins is going to make some nice catches, no need to roast anybody for that, he's uncoverable. I would double him all game, we can afford that with Fuller out.

My Kool Aid/Manusky has a plan for Hopkins prediction: Skins 17 Texans 14

But I really wouldn't lose my mind over a loss.

This is a toss up game, but I believe the home crowd will be loud now and hopefully the team feeds off of that. If we win this game and go to 7-3, the rest of the schedule is great for us. I could see an 11-5 finish
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:09 AM   #35
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21,661
Re: Homecoming / Houston Thread

Houston on a roll...but check out who they have played and beat last 5:

Dallas 19-16 in OT
Buffalo 20-13
At Jacksonville 20-7
Miami 42-23
At Denver 19-17

Pretty easy schedule.

Their Oline is weak, Watson will throw some picks. Their run game is limited, but they have some good WRs.

Their rush defense is good. Avg pass defense

Should be a close game...Skins 23-Houston 19

Should be able rush Watson...need a big day from the pass rush and limit time to throw to these receivers.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 10:21 AM   #36
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 24,418
Re: Homecoming / Houston Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Houston on a roll...but check out who they have played and beat last 5:

Dallas 19-16 in OT
Buffalo 20-13
At Jacksonville 20-7
Miami 42-23
At Denver 19-17

Pretty easy schedule.

Their Oline is weak, Watson will throw some picks. Their run game is limited, but they have some good WRs.

Their rush defense is good. Avg pass defense

Should be a close game...Skins 23-Houston 19

Should be able rush Watson...need a big day from the pass rush and limit time to throw to these receivers.
It's a pretty even matchup, i'm actually excited for this game. I won't be mad if we lose, only if we get beat like the ATL and NO games. I just dont see that happening, Houston cant score like that.
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:33 AM   #37
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 10,715
Re: Homecoming / Houston Thread

Way is having an all-pro season in my opinion

https://twitter.com/john_keim/status...911932423?s=21
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:35 AM   #38
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 91,435
Re: Homecoming / Houston Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Way is having an all-pro season in my opinion

https://twitter.com/john_keim/status...911932423?s=21
People talk about turnovers and the defense as to why we're winning, it's also special teams. Hopkins is 17/19 on the year on FGs and hasn't missed a PAT, and Way is pinning teams deep and hasn't even had a touchback yet.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:36 AM   #39
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 91,435
Re: Homecoming / Houston Thread

Speaking of Hopkins though...

Hopkins “banged up”, Redskins working out kickers
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:44 AM   #40
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 10,715
Re: Homecoming / Houston Thread

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...s-stock-report
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:51 AM   #41
mooby
Gamebreaker
 
mooby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NoVa
Posts: 14,696
Re: Homecoming / Houston Thread

Why'd you jinx us with Hopkins Matty?
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:22 PM   #42
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 21,661
Re: Homecoming / Houston Thread

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...y-back-houston

D.J. Swearinger says Texans 'bashed my name,' are on revenge radar

I like it!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:03 PM   #43
sevier2
Special Teams
 
sevier2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 359
Re: Homecoming / Houston Thread

Houston has won 6 in a row.

All that tells me is they're due for a loss
__________________
This is an environment of welcoming and you should just get the hell out of here.
sevier2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 03:39 PM   #44
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 24,418
Re: Homecoming / Houston Thread

Williams out

CT Doubtful

per JAY
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 04:04 PM   #45
skinsfan69
Gamebreaker
 
skinsfan69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Arlington, VA and San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,828
Re: Homecoming / Houston Thread

CT and Trent pretty much are always hurt. We can win games w/out them. What is the status w/ Marshall? I swear if given the chance that kid is just as good as a lot of RB's out of the backfield. I hope they activate him at some point.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.12042 seconds with 10 queries