Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum


O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Locker Room Main Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2024, 08:08 AM   #61
mredskins
Gamebreaker
 
mredskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 12,523
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Does anyone think both OT positions will not be priority number 1 and 2 this offseason? Maybe CB and / or S will be up there but I think both OT positions will be 1 and 2/3 as far as glaring holes after this year. That is worrisome going into this year. Can Kliff do damage control with scheme? Sure. Well Ö. Hopefully, but anyone who is convincing themselves that we will be A- ok is probably in for a rude awakening.
there were/are alot of holes on this roster, only had finite number resources to solve them in the short term , this is going be 2-3 season rebuild

commanders could have draft joe alt with the number two 2; LT position solved but QB is a problem now

i think the knowledgeable fan on here knows the oline will be a struggle this season
__________________
When life gives you paper jams, turn them into paper footballs!
mredskins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 05-23-2024, 10:00 AM   #62
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 23,058
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
there were/are alot of holes on this roster, only had finite number resources to solve them in the short term , this is going be 2-3 season rebuild

commanders could have draft joe alt with the number two 2; LT position solved but QB is a problem now

i think the knowledgeable fan on here knows the oline will be a struggle this season

Yeah. AP went above and beyond without breaking the bank. In no way am I insinuating that the off-season was a failure because the oline is still a question mark. Just not going to sugar coat things and think that we can scheme our way around the glaring holes at Tackle. Definitely a 2-3 year rebuild. I hope that JD is not shell shocked after year one.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 11:05 AM   #63
MTK
\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: NY
Age: 51
Posts: 99,411
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

So do we trust in AP or think heís crazy for not doing more to address the OL? 🤔
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 11:13 AM   #64
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 5,470
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

He hasn't lost my trust yet. I think it's a combination of - you can't fix it all in one off season, and they probably don't think the OT group is as dire a situation as everyone on here does.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 11:20 AM   #65
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,439
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Trying to fill all our holes in 1 off-season:



If the guys we drafted in the 1st 3 rounds work-out, then it's fine that they didn't draft more OL that possibly wouldn't have worked out. Newton was by far the best player, smart teams make that pick. Not like we didn't need a TE or all the secondary help we could get, and a new slot receiver to replace Samuel. Plus Coleman was beat up in 2023, he had awesome numbers in 2022. I imagine he is a starter for most of next season somewhere on the line, and a starter when healthy after that for the remainder of his contract, so we likely did add a starting OL as well.

Note - I want that cat.
__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 11:37 AM   #66
Meks
Pro Bowl
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Age: 38
Posts: 5,411
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
So do we trust in AP or think heís crazy for not doing more to address the OL? 🤔
i will believe it when i see it but the faith/trust at the current moment is very shaky.
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 12:23 PM   #67
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend
 
sdskinsfan2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hanahan, South Carolina
Age: 40
Posts: 19,439
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
i will believe it when i see it but the faith/trust at the current moment is very shaky.
__________________
Turkish: What's happening with them sausages, Charlie?
Sausage Charlie: Five minutes, Turkish.
Turkish: It was two minutes five minutes ago.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 11:19 AM   #68
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 33,957
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Offseason isnít over, but I generally donít believe Lucas will be much of step down from Leno. Yeah, if we have an injury at tackle that make me more nervous.

Hoping for the best
__________________
My pronouns: King/Your ruler

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 11:47 AM   #69
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl
 
Chief X_Phackter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Lakewood, CO
Posts: 5,470
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Offseason isnít over, but I generally donít believe Lucas will be much of step down from Leno. Yeah, if we have an injury at tackle that make me more nervous.

Hoping for the best
I still think we add probably two free agent tackles before the summer is over. To your point, an injury at the tackle position with the current "depth" would be fairly devastating. It's tough enough to envision Lucas & Wylie as the bookend tackles, let alone having to roll out their replacements for any significant amount of time.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 12:17 PM   #70
davy
Impact Rookie
 
davy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: England
Posts: 916
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I still think we add probably two free agent tackles before the summer is over. To your point, an injury at the tackle position with the current "depth" would be fairly devastating. It's tough enough to envision Lucas & Wylie as the bookend tackles, let alone having to roll out their replacements for any significant amount of time.
I do hope you're right. A bona fide LG would be nice as well. Allegretti is not a starter IMHO.

JD may look great running the football but he does take a lot of sacks.
__________________
ďDon't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to.Ē
davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 12:19 PM   #71
Darrell Green Fan
Special Teams
 
Darrell Green Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2024
Location: Mount Airy, MD
Posts: 109
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Does anyone think both OT positions will not be priority number 1 and 2 this offseason? Maybe CB and / or S will be up there but I think both OT positions will be 1 and 2/3 as far as glaring holes after this year. That is worrisome going into this year. Can Kliff do damage control with scheme? Sure. Well Ö. Hopefully, but anyone who is convincing themselves that we will be A- ok is probably in for a rude awakening.
I think there is still a chance that the rookie can pan out at LT, Then they can invest in free agency for the Rt spot. But I think we all agree it's a position in question.
Darrell Green Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 01:39 PM   #72
punch it in
From a Land Down Under
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Age: 52
Posts: 23,058
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
So do we trust in AP or think heís crazy for not doing more to address the OL?

I think he probably would have liked to do more but he weighed his options in the draft and free agency and made smart business decisions. I think he knows he still has work to do there but the opportunity didnít arise. Im upset the right opportunity didnít present itself in the offseason but not upset with Peters at all. Be a fool to not like what he has done.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 05:25 PM   #73
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Forida
Posts: 6,312
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

I trust AP. He's a doer. I expect him to come up with more veteran help at Tackle before the season opener.
__________________
RAISE HAIL!
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 05:32 PM   #74
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Forida
Posts: 6,312
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by davy View Post
I do hope you're right. A bona fide LG would be nice as well. Allegretti is not a starter IMHO.

JD may look great running the football but he does take a lot of sacks.
Allegretti was the Chief's starting LG throughout the playoffs and he played well. Since he could do that, I assume that he can start and play well here.
__________________
RAISE HAIL!
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 08:02 AM   #75
davy
Impact Rookie
 
davy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: England
Posts: 916
Re: O-Line Rebuild - Adam Peters Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Allegretti was the Chief's starting LG throughout the playoffs and he played well. Since he could do that, I assume that he can start and play well here.
You could have said that about Wylie at tackle last year, we know how that worked out.

__________________
ďDon't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to.Ē
davy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We have no official affiliation with the Washington Commanders or the NFL.
Page generated in 0.08463 seconds with 10 queries