Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-07-2019, 03:00 PM   #151
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
There will be plenty of teams more than willing to bring Trent in. He will get paid handsomely for sure.

Before all the drama that Trent has drug up since returning you are probably right (minus the getting paid Handsomely - given his age, injury, and suspension history, he’d never have gotten a deal with multiple years of guaranteed money). But everything he’s said since then is just one ref flag after another. Someone will sign him, but it’s not going to be that great of a deal. It will almost certainly be less than what Trent would have made in 2019 and 2020 had played out his contract here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-07-2019, 03:34 PM   #152
BigHairedAristocrat
Playmaker

Re: Why moving on from Bruce Allen this year is pivotal to the future of the franchise.

Interesting nugget from JPs latest:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...ructure-report

Quote:
Breer said NFL teams are starting to make covert outreach to potential coaching candidates, particularly college coaching candidates, and that the team is getting “pushback” because of the existing power structure
I honestly had not given much thought to the skins going hard after a college coach. My thinking was they’d go after a proven NFL Head coach.

Dolphins get good press for saving drowning humans.But we only hear about the swimmers theyve pushed ashore.You know who we havent heard from: all the people theyve pushed out to sea.Dolphins dont know what theyre doing-they just like pushing things.
BigHairedAristocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:25 PM   #153
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
There will be plenty of teams more than willing to bring Trent in. He will get paid handsomely for sure.
Literally talent trumps everything. Has anybody learned anything from watching any sports league in the last 20 years?

You can be associated with a murder (Ray Lewis), you can literally murder puppies (Michael Vick) you can beat your wife/significant other (too many to count). As long as you're talented somebody will sign you (unless you fuck with an owner's cash flow; see Kaepernick, C. Even then he made the decision easier by only being backup-qb talented, not starter talented)
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:27 PM   #154
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
Interesting nugget from JPs latest:

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...ructure-report

I heard that too, think it was Albert Breer reporting on it. They need to stop with these rumors, I can only get so erect.
Old 12-07-2019, 05:23 PM   #155
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Literally talent trumps everything. Has anybody learned anything from watching any sports league in the last 20 years?

You can be associated with a murder (Ray Lewis), you can literally murder puppies (Michael Vick) you can beat your wife/significant other (too many to count). As long as you're talented somebody will sign you (unless you fuck with an owner's cash flow; see Kaepernick, C. Even then he made the decision easier by only being backup-qb talented, not starter talented)
You can't be serious. Why are liberals constantly trying to rewrite history? When Kaepernick pulled his stunt he had already been benched for BLAINE GABBERT, look it up! Try telling the WHOLE story, please.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 05:43 PM   #156
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
You can't be serious. Why are liberals constantly trying to rewrite history? When Kaepernick pulled his stunt he had already been benched for BLAINE GABBERT, look it up! Try telling the WHOLE story, please.
I think you misread the original post

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 05:52 PM   #157
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
I think you misread the original post

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Whatever, I am just sick and tired of liberals spewing that Kap is out of the NFL because of his leftist views and saying he led his team to a Super Bowl, while ignoring the fact he was 3-16 as a starter his last two seasons. Defenses figured him out, plain and simple, he was lucky he lasted as long as he did.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 08:40 PM   #158
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
That's literally exactly what I'm saying. If he had been NFL-MVP caliber, absolutely he would've been picked up.

He was terrible his last season in the league and if he hadn't been kneeling, at best he would've been looking at "fighting for the starting job in training camp" vs. going in as a backup. Kneeling made the decision easier for teams not to sign him, they didn't want the headache and they decided the talent didn't justify the risk of pissing off their fanbase.

What specifically am I rewriting here?
Old 12-09-2019, 07:53 AM   #159
MTK
\m/

Found a pic of Buffalo Bob...

Old 12-09-2019, 10:20 AM   #160
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

The end is near, let it be so!!
https://www.nbcsports.com/washington...ds-no-playoffs

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:01 AM   #161
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Found a pic of Buffalo Bob...

HAHAHAHA!!!!! Grand Tornio was a great movie.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:03 AM   #162
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
So Snyder is just now beginning to understand the gravity of the situation? What an idiot.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:23 AM   #163
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
HAHAHAHA!!!!! Grand Tornio was a great movie.
The Mule was too
Old 12-09-2019, 11:40 AM   #164
MTK
\m/

I can't even get excited about Bruce getting canned. We've been down this road before.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:45 AM   #165
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I can't even get excited about Bruce getting canned. We've been down this road before.
Yep until we get a REAL GM in here nothing matters