Warpath $$ league needs 4 new owners

Fantasy Football

Old 07-23-2010, 02:46 PM   #31
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Re: Warpath $$ league needs 4 new owners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry View Post
I don't care as long as it shuts JoeRedskin up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
Now how have I pissed you off?
LOL, isn't it redundant asking how you pissed off a guy who's screen name is Angry
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-07-2010, 10:04 AM   #32
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Posted this on the Yahoo Board but posting it here too.

The Play-Off picture in the Money League this year is coming down to the wire. Nittany Drunkards and Ghetto Dog All-Stars have clinched and four teams are contending for the last two spots. The Four teams are: Give'em Da Business, Mechanix & JR's Dirtbags (all at 8-5) and Mr. Fat69 (at 7-6).

[Nittany, at 9-4, isn't shown as "clinched" by Yahoo because their are currently three 8-5 teams. So, technically and, just looking at the records and points, ND could fall to 9-5 and be outpointed by all three current 9-5 teams. If that were to happen, he wouldn't qualify. However, since two of the 8-5's play each other, only two more teams, at most, can reach 9-5 and ND is a de facto lock for the play-offs].

Here's how the final four break down. Essentially, it's a win and in with a glimmer of extra hope for Give'em Da Business.

The winner of Give'em Da Business v. JR Dirtbags is in.

If Mechanix wins in Mechanix v. Mr. Fat69, Mechanix is in.

If Mr. Fat69 wins, he is in UNLESS the loser of GDB v. JR game outpoints him for the season. For that to occur, on Sunday, either: (a) GDB's losing score ends up 9.3 points higher than Mr. Fat's winning score; OR (b) my losing score ends up 76.02 points higher than Mr. Fat's winning score.

[Mechanix is already behind Mr. Fat in points for the season. Thus, if Mechanix loses to Mr. Fat on Sunday, he cannot outpoint him for the season and Mr. Fat would be the 8-6 team to advance unless outpointed by GDB].

Realistically, of the four teams in remaining in contention: Only GDB can lose and still qualify and only Mr. Fat69 can win and not qualify. FURTHER, the only way that scenario happens is if Mr.Fat69 wins AND GDB loses but outscores Mr. Fat by about 10 points on Sunday.

Play-off fever! Catch it!!!
Old 12-07-2010, 10:08 AM   #33
MTK
\m/

Good luck to you guys, my team has been an epic fail. Never had a FF team this bad.

But in my work league I'm 12-1, so at least I have that to counter my 2-11 team.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:10 AM   #34
GTripp0012
Living Legend

It's a really luck heavy year in the WP $ league. There's almost no correlation between points scored and W-L record this year, but there's a strong correlation between points against and W-L record. With the exception of GhettoDog, who has the best team, the other playoff teams will almost certainly be among the teams who have the four lowest points scored against them.

Not to complain, as I'm exactly where I should be given my questionable start/sit decisions all year. Just interesting that it's working out like this.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:15 AM   #35
JoeRedskin

At least you didn't zombie. In fact, I think most owners, even those out of contention, are still trying to win. At the same time, nice that all the games w/ play-off implications involve teams in contention and with a vested interest in the outcome.

Several owners in the WP free league have checked out it seems and, I think, some zombies have affected the play-off picture.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:39 AM   #36
KLHJ2
Inactive

HMMM I'm number 3 in scoring and the least scored against. I am number 3 overall in terms of record, sounds pretty consistent to me.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #37
JoeRedskin

Yeah, I am the guy wrecking the bell-curve right now. Currently in 5th place, I am 9th in scoring but have had the second least points scored against me.

Frankly, I am amazed I am even in contention given that I lost my RB2 (Ryan Grant) the first weekend. I had 4 games less than 60 points (all losses) including one less than 50. On the other hand, I have only had two teams score over 80 against me (one win and one loss). At the opposite end of the spectrum, GDA's three losses came when he scored 79, 85 & 82.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #38
KLHJ2
Inactive

Yeah I understand the craziness in the league. I just wanted to point out that there was a little bit of sanity.
KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:22 AM   #39
JoeRedskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTripp0012 View Post
It's a really luck heavy year in the WP $ league. There's almost no correlation between points scored and W-L record this year, but there's a strong correlation between points against and W-L record. With the exception of GhettoDog, who has the best team, the other playoff teams will almost certainly be among the teams who have the four lowest points scored against them.

Not to complain, as I'm exactly where I should be given my questionable start/sit decisions all year. Just interesting that it's working out like this.
Actually, the five top scorers are in the top six spots AND, if Mr. Fat and Angry's team make it in, then the top four scorers will make the playoffs.

At the same time, your "points against" is well taken.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:05 PM   #40
Mechanix544
The Starter

I cant wait to get into the playoffs, only to get smashed by Ghetto Dog.
Mechanix544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #41
JoeRedskin

Gotta get by Fat first.

And as a head's up: Last year heading into the playoffs, I was 11-3, top scorer by 100 points over 2nd place and 200 points over third. My average score was 87 points and my average win/loss point differential was 20 (also highest in the league). I had Chris Johnson, M. Colston & DeSean Jackson and was on a roll.

Week 1 of the playoffs, they all score "okay" but Tripp does 6 points better (84 - 78) and I am ejected (they followed it up with another crappy week and I ended up in 4th).

Just pointing out that, if you make to the Final Four, anything can happen. It only takes a bad week by a few of your opponents top guys.

With that said, even if I make in, I have horrible matchups in Week 15. So it would be one and done for me too.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:40 PM   #42
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

I took a big hit when Frank Gore got injured. Not sure I'll be able to keep up the pace. In fact, I really should have lost this week to MrFat, but Sanchez left a turd on the field. I also had a really lucky win against GDB mid-season.

That said, my season has been defined by picking up Peyton Hillis and Michael Vick. Hillis was just a shot in the dark, and I only got Vick off waivers because my losses came early in the season and I had good waiver rank at the time.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out. Good luck to everyone.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:48 PM   #43
JoeRedskin

Well, however it occurred, well played.

Enjoy your "bye-week" and rest your players for the semis in which you mangle me.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:05 PM   #44
JoeRedskin

Mechanix is in. Mr. Fat69 is out. Unless Andre Johnson and Eli Manning can manage 56 points between them tonight, the Dirtbags are in (If they do, it would really suck as P. Garcon, R. Torrain and the NE Defense put up a net gain of 40+ points over my starters while sitting on my bench).

As it stands now:
10-4 Ghetto Dog All Stars(1) v. 9-5 JR Dirtbags(4)
10-4 Nittany Drunkards (2) v. 9-5 Mechanix (3)

The games tonight, however, could have an impact on seeding. As I said, Give'em Da Business can still get in if Eli and A. Johnson have huge nights. The other game, however, that still has to play out is GTripp's Air Assault v. Nittany Drunkards. Currently leading 39 to 18, ND has Hakeem Nicks who may or may not play tonight. GTripp, on the other hand, has Ray Rice, Arian Foster (how did you get both those guys and still not make the playoffs??), Sidney Rice, Derrick Mason and Neil Rackers.

Assuming GTripp catches and passes ND based on the guys left to play (a projected ~42 points for GTripp v. ~7 for ND), ND falls to 9-5 and ties with Mechanix and the Dirtbags on records. In that case, and by points, Mechanix moves to 2nd b/c of his score in this week's game while ND falls to 3rd (ND would need Nicks to score over 50 points to stay ahead of Mechanix). On the other hand, ND would need only ~3 points from Nicks to outpoint my season total (a likely occurrence if Nicks plays). Failing that, ND falls to 4th and plays Ghetto-Dog.

Thus, assuming GTripp wins the matchup:
If Nicks plays and catches 2 balls for 25 yards, the playoff picture remains unchanged as ND and Mech will finish 2nd and 3rd regardless of whether or not ND wins or loses.

If Nicks doesn't play, I outpoint ND for the season and then:
10-4 Ghetto Dog All Stars(1) v. 9-5 Nittany Drunkards(4)
9-5 Mechanix(2) v. 9-5 JR Dirtbags(3)

Drama until the end.

[Sorry for those bored by this, with the Skins season in the tank, it is my one happy football diversion and the fact that there is something yet to be determined drives the stat geek in me].
Old 12-13-2010, 09:53 PM   #45
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
GTripp, on the other hand, has Ray Rice, Arian Foster (how did you get both those guys and still not make the playoffs??), Sidney Rice, Derrick Mason and Neil Rackers.
My average margin of victory this season is 32 points. The average margin of defeat on my 4 game choke job is just 16 points.

I like the team I built mostly through the waiver wire (this was a terrible team early on, before I grabbed: Woodhead/Green-Ellis/Mason/Breaston/R. Williams), unfortunately, I took an inexplicable 4 game losing streak after winning 5 in a row with a team that was less stacked than the team that lost 4 in a row.

Also made some awful start/sit decisions in that stretch. Could have gone 2-2 very realistically.