Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-10-2020, 07:36 AM   #406
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Re: Ron Rivera Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I don’t see Rivers as a backup or low cost
The only way Rivers ends up here is if the Skins kidnap him muppet style.

https://youtu.be/FOBILqLviF4

Advertisements
Old 01-10-2020, 07:52 AM   #407
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
The only way Rivers ends up here is if the Skins kidnap him muppet style.

https://youtu.be/FOBILqLviF4
Glad to see that JR is back. And posting higher quality material then ever.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 07:52 AM   #408
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lol. Hey Philip, how would you like to end your HOF career?
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:07 AM   #409
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
+10000

I'm disappointed in anyone who took that post seriously.

Unless Haskins is blowing off Rivera's phone calls and telling his teammates he's too busy partying to attend, I couldn't care less why he didn't attend the presser.

And until we get reports of Rivera giving Haskins "game tape" to study at home (which is actually a blank cd), and then Haskins comes in the next day talking about how the game tape looks good, I'm not worried.
My bad.. After reading this post, I realized that my comment on your post was more about the situation in my workplace more than what you said in your post. A few of my coworkers are holding grudge against the organization and it was the first thing they talked to me about when I got to the office yesterday. It is frustrating situation for me because the situation is about the rules Medicaid just implemented and my coworkers are holding it against the organization without understanding the full context - Medicaid is the one who implemented the new rules, not the organization.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 08:17 AM   #410
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
My bad.. After reading this post, I realized that my comment on your post was more about the situation in my workplace more than what you said in your post. A few of my coworkers are holding grudge against the organization and it was the first thing they talked to me about when I got to the office yesterday. It is frustrating situation for me because the situation is about the rules Medicaid just implemented and my coworkers are holding it against the organization without understanding the full context - Medicaid is the one who implemented the new rules, not the organization.
No worries dude

I think it's a symptom of the digital age, people are just quick to rush to judgement without taking context or all the info into account.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:17 AM   #411
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
No worries dude

I think it's a symptom of the digital age, people are just quick to rush to judgement without taking context or all the info into account.
Indeed.. Although, the more I read about history, the more I realize that people haven't changed that much.. Just that the technology has intensified humans' flaws.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 09:42 AM   #412
Schneed10
A Dude

BHA nobody is wrong more often than you are.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:47 AM   #413
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

So ... I am fine with the housecleaning. Remove Allen and Gruden and any vestiges of the prior regime by root and claw. As someone has already pointed out, trading out the Skins staff/FO for Carolina's staff/FO is an upgrade.

Further, both his OC and DC are different from his time there. He may have been familiar with both but they were not in these roles while he coached Carolina. Further, as much as many wanted an untested KOC, RR still went with a shiny young coach in his first stint as OC in Turner. He provided Turner a staff with whom Turner and RR were familiar to help the 1st time OC find his feet.

As to the FO, again, I would rather RR have a FO he is confident in then one that may be on a different page - even if he moves on from people we think are talented.

Preliminarily, I just don't think parting ways with Schaffer is a body blow to the organization. Sure, he is talented, but, truthfully, I don't recall Carolina having "cap hell" problems. Was Schaeffer more than a money guy? I think but did he bring an irreplaceable skill set to an otherwise number crunching position? Not sure. Find it hard to believe though. Moving Doug Williams to a senior mentoring position seems a good fit for him. I had hoped he was an Ozzie Newsome in the making but get the feeling he really did not have the "it" factor that Ozzie and other successful personnel guys have.
I do think Kyle Smith has that though and the fact he is not out of the building yet may mean that he is getting a longer look. I would not be surprised, however, if Santos is gone after the draft.

There are reports that both RR and the Skins draft folks (read: K. Smith) both love Chase Young. This may be a point of commonality for them going forward and something on which to build a working relationship.

Finally, the authority given to RR by DS is pretty evident. The decision to move on from Schaeffer is huge b/c he was also the General Counsel to the Skins meaning he had Snyder's ear and was likely someone on whom DS relied for more than just player personnel and capology advice. The fact that he is now gone should send a clear message to the entire organization that Riverboat Ron is running the show now and that DS is all good with that.

RR is the new authority in town and I am ALL good with that.
Old 01-10-2020, 09:47 AM   #414
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

He could land in Chicago , I think a solid backup for us could be Mariota
Old 01-10-2020, 09:54 AM   #415
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRedskin View Post
So ... I am fine with the housecleaning. Remove Allen and Gruden and any vestiges of the prior regime by root and claw. As someone has already pointed out, trading out the Skins staff/FO for Carolina's staff/FO is an upgrade.

Further, both his OC and DC are different from his time there. He may have been familiar with both but they were not in these roles while he coached Carolina. Further, as much as many wanted an untested KOC, RR still went with a shiny young coach in his first stint as OC in Turner. He provided Turner a staff with whom Turner and RR were familiar to help the 1st time OC find his feet.

As to the FO, again, I would rather RR have a FO he is confident in then one that may be on a different page - even if he moves on from people we think are talented.

Preliminarily, I just don't think parting ways with Schaffer is a body blow to the organization. Sure, he is talented, but, truthfully, I don't recall Carolina having "cap hell" problems. Was Schaeffer more than a money guy? I think but did he bring an irreplaceable skill set to an otherwise number crunching position? Not sure. Find it hard to believe though. Moving Doug Williams to a senior mentoring position seems a good fit for him. I had hoped he was an Ozzie Newsome in the making but get the feeling he really did not have the "it" factor that Ozzie and other successful personnel guys have.

I do think Kyle Smith has that though and the fact he is not out of the building yet may mean that he is getting a longer look. I would not be surprised, however, if Santos is gone after the draft.

There are reports that both RR and the Skins draft folks (read: K. Smith) both love Chase Young. This may be a point of commonality for them going forward and something on which to build a working relationship.

Finally, the authority given to RR by DS is pretty evident. The decision to move on from Schaeffer is huge b/c he was also the General Counsel to the Skins meaning he had Snyder's ear and was likely someone on whom DS relied for more than just player personnel and capology advice. The fact that he is now gone should send a clear message to the entire organization that Riverboat Ron is running the show now and that DS is all good with that.

RR is the new authority in town and I am ALL good with that.
Well said.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 10:05 AM   #416
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Indeed.. Although, the more I read about history, the more I realize that people haven't changed that much.. Just that the technology has intensified humans' flaws.
+1

I agree.
Old 01-11-2020, 12:02 PM   #417
Warthog
The Starter

KOC went to the Rams not to call offensive plays but to LEARN under McVay. This means that O’Connell was not the finished product that many of us thought he was. He has potential but we must remember that the Redskins offense was last in the NFL. Some of that was Callahan’s ridiculous adherence to a “run heavy” offense with a banged-up, replacement OL. But I look at McVay as seeing potential in KOC, but NOT ready for prime time.

We’ll see if Scott Turner can bring the Redskin’s offense out of the cellar.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 06:02 PM   #418
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
KOC went to the Rams not to call offensive plays but to LEARN under McVay. This means that O’Connell was not the finished product that many of us thought he was. He has potential but we must remember that the Redskins offense was last in the NFL. Some of that was Callahan’s ridiculous adherence to a “run heavy” offense with a banged-up, replacement OL. But I look at McVay as seeing potential in KOC, but NOT ready for prime time.

Wrong, he went to become Matt LaFleur part 2, the Rams offense went downhill after he left last year. You are underestimating KOC.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 06:11 PM   #419
SkinzWin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Lol. Hey Philip, how would you like to end your HOF career?
I don’t see Phillip Rivers as a HOFer. You up got to bring more to the table than 4000 yard regular season stats to get a jacket.

Exhibit A: His career playoff record is 3-4.

Exhibit B: He has never played in a Super Bowl.

Exhibit C: His career playoff stats are as follows:

Game 1 (Loss, 24-21 vs. New England): 14-32, 230 YD, 0 TD, 1 INT.

Game 2 (Win, 17-6 vs. Tennessee): 19-30, 292 YD, 1TD, 1 INT.

Game 3 (Win, 28-24 vs. Indianapolis): 14-19, 264 YD, 3 TD, 1 INT.

Game 4 (Loss, 21-12 vs. New England): 19-37, 211 YD, 0 TD, 2 INT.

Game 5 (Win, 23-17 vs. Indianapolis): 20-36, 217 YD, 0 TD, 1 INT.

Game 6 (Loss, 35-24 vs. Pittsburgh): 21-35, 308 YD, 3 TD, 1 INT.

Game 7 (Loss, 17-14 vs. NYJ): 27-40, 298 YD, 1 TD, 2 INT.
Sean Taylor #21 a Redskin forever...

Team Heinicke Fan Club
punch it in - CEO
SkinzWin - President
FrenchSkin - VP of Global Operations
ODUsmitty - Director of Cheerleader Fulfillment
Meks - Director of Marketing
SkinzWin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 07:13 PM   #420
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post

Who thought KOC was a finished product? He called like a quarter of the season last year LOL. It was obvious to anyone interested in him that he would be available as OC and/or playcaller, obviously he's not ready for primetime yet.