Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Dunbar demanding trade or release

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-24-2020, 09:05 AM   #106
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Re: Dunbar demanding trade or release

I can't imagine that RR "needs" to keep any player. He is in the first year of a five year contract to guide a team that is building from the bottom up and he has nearly total control of football operations. RR is LARGE and IN CHARGE. Dunbar should realize that he has next to zero leverage.

Personally, I don't care who he keeps or doesn't keep. I am only looking for substantial improvement on the field this season and significantly more W's in Season Two and beyond.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-24-2020, 02:25 PM   #107
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I think there’s a better chance we bring back Breeland than Fuller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? I mean Fuller was on a roll with us and he could come cheap -very cheap. He had 4 INT with us his last year. Was it a one year bump? Maybe, so I don’t think they will put all their CB FA eggs in Fuller’s basket. But Kendall may surprise everyone by doing well and for a very low price.

I agree that Breeland as a chance to come back but his last year with us he only had 1 INT. I think Fullers problem with the Chiefs is that they used him the wrong way. I’m not beating the drum for Fuller but he could be a real deal and they could dump him easily if he doesn’t work out.

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:30 PM   #108
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Fuller is essentially a rover position, he’s not a CB. We need someone on the outside

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:31 PM   #109
MTK
\m/

Honestly I don't really get the ongoing fascination with Fuller. I'd take Breeland over him starting on the outside. Fuller is better inside.
Old 02-24-2020, 03:43 PM   #110
EARTHQUAKE2689
You did WHAT?!?

Quote:
Honestly I don't really get the ongoing fascination with Fuller. I'd take Breeland over him starting on the outside. Fuller is better inside.
I assume when people are talking about bringing Fuller back it is to be on the inside

Shameless self-promotion. It is what it is.
EARTHQUAKE2689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 04:06 PM   #111
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by EARTHQUAKE2689 View Post
I assume when people are talking about bringing Fuller back it is to be on the inside
honestly, I rather keep moreland in there...and we have Danny Johnson and Stroman who have experience inside still on the roster.

I rather not over pay for Fuller and spend that on someone who can cover outside.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 04:43 PM   #112
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Breeland can't cover. Remember? Also, we haven't played well against the run and Moreau and Moreland are basically speed bumps. I think that Stroman and Johnson have potential if they can stay on the field. Basically, except for Dunbar, our DB's are below average.

Those of us who would like to see a reunion with Kendall Fuller are talking about signing him at a bargain price and not about throwing money at him. He could be a steal at the right price. We all remember his outstanding 2017 season with us. He also had two good seasons with KC, posting better numbers by far than any of our CB's except Dunbar. He can cover slot receivers, he is a good tackler he's a playmaker, and he has been available week after week. He would instantly become our second best CB when he is signed.
Old 02-24-2020, 04:51 PM   #113
SunnySide
Playmaker

Trees (breeland) time is over with us imo. I liked him when he was here as our CB2, he was a finger tip away from making a lot of plays but i would not entertain him coming back here. He is a weak CB2 imo, dont think he plays ST at his age and wouldnt accept an outside corner depth spot.

Dunbar - make him play this year on his contract. I would say just guarantee the year as hes not making a lot but I could see him reporting then missing the year for a hammy.
Old 02-24-2020, 11:18 PM   #114
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:

Understood -you may be right. I’m only talking about Fuller if he’s super cheap. I don’t think Breeland wants to come back.

Although he’s older (30), Chris Harris (Denver) could be the short-term deal to fill this gap with a very good player. Byron Jones (Cowboys) never gets any INT and Bradberry misses too many tackles.

Bring over Tre Boston to compliment Collins but not Bradberry.

Harris fills the gap while Kyle Smith drafts for the CB position long-term. We can’t fill all our holes with young FA. I’d rather spend the top dollar on Henry or Hooper and Williams/Scherff/Flowers. Sounds like Trent Williams is going to happen.

Flyboy.

Old 02-25-2020, 10:46 AM   #115
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
I can't imagine that RR "needs" to keep any player. He is in the first year of a five year contract to guide a team that is building from the bottom up and he has nearly total control of football operations. RR is LARGE and IN CHARGE. Dunbar should realize that he has next to zero leverage.

Personally, I don't care who he keeps or doesn't keep. I am only looking for substantial improvement on the field this season and significantly more W's in Season Two and beyond.
I would hope we get more wins in his first season. I understand it is a rebuild, but I would hope throwing in more discipline and better coaching would at least double last years win total.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 01:59 PM   #116
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Understood -you may be right. I’m only talking about Fuller if he’s super cheap. I don’t think Breeland wants to come back.

Although he’s older (30), Chris Harris (Denver) could be the short-term deal to fill this gap with a very good player. Byron Jones (Cowboys) never gets any INT and Bradberry misses too many tackles.

Bring over Tre Boston to compliment Collins but not Bradberry.

Harris fills the gap while Kyle Smith drafts for the CB position long-term. We can’t fill all our holes with young FA. I’d rather spend the top dollar on Henry or Hooper and Williams/Scherff/Flowers. Sounds like Trent Williams is going to happen.

Agreed. If Bradberry goes relatively cheap (unlikely) I'd bring him in if we can't get Harris as he'd still be an upgrade on what we have. But I wouldn't go after both. Really have to draft the TE as we need a big upgrade over Sprinkle and I can't see us getting an immediate starter in the draft.

What about LB's though? Doesn't seem very rich picking in FA, but what about Cory Littleton, Blake Martinez or Kyle Van Noy if we can get one or two of them?
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 02:04 PM   #117
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I would hope we get more wins in his first season. I understand it is a rebuild, but I would hope throwing in more discipline and better coaching would at least double last years win total.
I definitely agree with you. I think there will be more wins than last season, as well, but I don't care as much about that in Year 1 as I care about winning records and playoffs in Year 2 and beyond. That's all I'm saying.
Old 02-25-2020, 07:09 PM   #118
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post

Even if we made NO personnel changes this offseason ( which is being presented here just as a concept and not reality), the MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT in coaching, instruction and winning culture would DOUBLE our wins from last season. Our offensive and defensive coaching was THAT BAD before.

But we ARE going to bring in new FA and draft picks. That’s another area of huge upgrade this season. I mean Bruce Allen was such a very poor GM and only made good FA decisions based on rare, blind luck. I think we’ll see younger, better and less injured FA. Kyle Smith will continue his outstanding draft picking prowess. That gets us 1-2 more victories.

But they won’t be able to turn this poor team around in one season. No way. There will be injuries and mistakes as this will be a young, inexperienced team. But winning 7 or 8 victories will be a nice change and we’ll be on the way UP!

Flyboy.