Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Saints sign FB Bryan Johnson to offer sheet

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-22-2004, 04:50 PM   #16
skinsfanthru&thru
Playmaker

johnson wasn't a returner or anything unlike morton who has a decent chance to hit a homerun any time he fields the ball. plus morton did more on offense as well than Johnson did. they r two different classes of players and I'd morton every time over johnson.
skinsfanthru&thru is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 03-22-2004, 06:38 PM   #17
joecrisp
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkstar
why not? we did it for Chad Morton did we not?!?
Does Bryan Johnson field kicks? Did he ever return two kickoffs for TDs in the same game? Return men are a different class of special teamers. Chad Morton was paid the big bucks because he had shown the ability to take kicks back for TDs the year before, and the Redskins had lacked a legitimate return man since Brian Mitchell (I won't even bring up the name of that other guy that replaced Mitchell).

Teams do pay big bucks for kick returners they expect to bring excitement and energy to their special teams play. They present an X-factor that can put points on the board and fans in the seats. It generally takes a unique player to be a legitimate scoring threat on kick returns, and that's why they're often paid more than other special teamers. Players like Bryan Johnson, while playing an integral role on special teams, are generally a dime a dozen. I'm sure you know all of these things, Drkstar, but you asked the question, so I gave you an answer.
joecrisp is offline   Reply With Quote