Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

What do you want to see the rest of the Year?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-12-2019, 09:05 AM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

What do you want to see the rest of the Year?

Season has been over for a couple weeks, but what do you want to get out of the rest of the season?

Honestly, not too many wins as I want to land Chase Young...but we can accomplish some goals as we look towards the offseason.

1. Extend the Oline. Im convinced more than ever, at the heart of winning teams is good Oline play. With Trent coming off the books, I would extend both Roullier and Schreff, both are having great seasons and corner stones in the interior. You want to help your QB? Get your house in order on the line.

2. Haskins growth at QB. Would like to see him obviously progress on the field and get a feel for game speed.

3. Guice needs to play and stay healthy. No more excuses for this guy...get out there a develop a rapport with your team. If he cant, Ill have a hard time guaranteeing him a spot next year, he will have to earn it. The days of excuses for injured players should be part of the new culture wave...get on the field or get out.

4. Is Trey Quinn producing? Nope, not close. Wow Apke is playing well! Give guys a shot to see what they have...tell Quinn to take a seat and give Harmon playing time...play P Rich at the slot where he had success in in Seattle. Apke playing well? Put him on the field and rotate Monte in packages. See if he can develop. Bostic been nice, but what can SDH and Cole do side by side? Evaluate.

5. Coaching staff should mix it up...O'Connell should take some chances and see if he can get more out of the offense. Defense, less complicated calls in the secondary, blitz the young guys, etc.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-12-2019, 09:19 AM   #2
Redskins247
Impact Rookie

Re: What do you want to see the rest of the Year?

I would like to see all of these things, but probably the biggest being what O'Connell can do with Haskins...problem is Callahan is handcuffing his playcalling abilities. Take the handcuffs off, nothing left to lose here...cut'm loose! Snyder should WANT to see what those 2 can do together.
Redskins247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:14 AM   #3
GridIron26
Playmaker

I agree with all your points, Chico. I especially want to see O'Connell to take full control of playcalling to see if he can exploit Haskins's strengths and mask his weaknesses. If Redskins FO is actually considering O'Connell as a head coach candidate then we need to see what he can do when he is in the control.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:16 AM   #4
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

All of the above except I want ZERO wins. Right now if the Redskins lose out they can pick no worse than 2nd. If it was me I would trade down from there for multiple pics as this team has many holes to fill. Unfortunately unless Snyder stays away from the draft board and Allen isn't sent packing, extra draft picks may be useless. I definitely agree to take the training wheels off of Haskins to see what we have. This conservative vanilla offense isn't going to beat anyone as we don't have the 2000 Baltimore Raven defense. Also need to see if another QB should be drafted, even a later round project one.

Last edited by Buffalo Bob; 11-12-2019 at 10:36 AM.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:19 AM   #5
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

I think the second half is going to be much better than the 1st. Haskins starting, Guice, Thompson, Nicholson, Davis and others are coming back from injury which should help.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:45 AM   #6
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

If I had to choose one thing it is Haskins to show enough improvement that it eliminates talk of drafting a QB next draft.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:46 AM   #7
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
All of the above except I want ZERO wins. Right now if the Redskins lose out they can pick no worse than 2nd. If it was me I would trade down from there for multiple pics as this team has many holes to fill. Unfortunately unless Snyder stays away from the draft board and Allen isn't sent packing, extra draft picks may be useless. I definitely agree to take the training wheels off of Haskins to see what we have. This conservative vanilla offense isn't going to beat anyone as we don't have the 2000 Baltimore Raven defense. Also need to see if another QB should be drafted, even a later round project one.
I wish we would have done a Dolphins purge
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:44 AM   #8
skinsfan69
Living Legend

I want to see all L's. That is the best chance of Dan cleaning house.

Still lukewarm on Haskins. I want to see him do things comparable to Jones. Make plays but I expect some turnovers. Be mature, act like you're the CEO of the team, good body language, be mentally ready, be a leader, be accurate and stop having bad mechanics.

Guice? At this point just finish a game w/out an injury. Low expectations.

Get the ball more to McLaurin, Harmon and Sims. The Sims stuff baffles me how they can't get the ball to him in the passing game and not the jet sweep bullshit that people are sitting on.

Can this staff actually run an NFL offense w/ creativity and not be predictable? I have no hope for Manusky, he just can't coach an NFL defense.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 05:47 AM   #9
Warthog
The Starter

Play all the rookies and young players. See what they have. Give Harmon or Steve Sims real play time to see what they have.

The new HC will most likely be dumping a lot of high cap cost players like Richardson, Norman, etc. Put in the backups to see what they. See if there are any players out there on waivers who could fill obvious holes like CB, OT (both sides).

Let O’Connell call the game!! Just like in the Gruden era, O’Connell is being handicapped by Callahan’s Uber-conservative, run-first. We can’t tell how good O’Connell is at play-calling because of this hard oversight. Let Haskins open up the playbook (at least what he knows) and see how BOTH can do together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:50 AM   #10
Burgold
Special Teams

Haaaaaaaaaaa..season was over after the Eagles game,but I just wanna see Haskins improve week to week and maybe some D-E-F-E-N-S-E?????
Burgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 03:22 PM   #11
MTK
\m/

I just want to see a glimmer of hope from Haskins. Even at the expense of dropping in the draft if it means Haskins is playing well, bring it on. It would be really nice if we see that we have something in the Haskins, Guice, and McLaurin trio.
Old 11-15-2019, 04:06 PM   #12
SunnySide
Playmaker

Fabian Moreau - have we seen enough of him? He is playing a ton of snaps this season but seems nonexistent. Last 4 games, hes played 73%, 92%, 98% and 81% of the D snaps.

I guess its kinda good you dont hear his name for getting torched left and right but idk ... was hoping for more from him, hoping for a Breeland 2.0 (a servicable starter). Hes still young, his cap hit next year is just below 1M so he is still very affordable.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:52 PM   #13
Defensewins
Playmaker

I can see clearly now.....that Bruce Allen sucks
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:17 PM   #14
Irrefutable
The Starter

Obviously, a new front office. And lose every game so the new staff can have a very high pick.

Clean house of big contracts... Norman, Reed, Davis, etc.

Then start over.
Irrefutable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 11:29 AM   #15
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irrefutable View Post
Obviously, a new front office. And lose every game so the new staff can have a very high pick.

Clean house of big contracts... Norman, Reed, Davis, etc.

Then start over.
You're thinking small, let's clean house of big contracts, trade away anyone of value (young players excepted), hire a new FO, high draft pick, fire the training staff and medical staff, build a new practice facility, build a new stadium, change the name, sell the team, and start over completely.

I like to think visiting Redskins Park is like visiting a retirement home, the smell of losing lingers in the air and it bothers everyone who works there.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote