Haskins released

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-28-2020, 10:13 PM   #91
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Re: Haskins released

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
It's a small consolation when he knows he's probably losing his job in a week as well.
I'm sure his brother will hire him.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-28-2020, 10:18 PM   #92
MissouriSkin
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I'm sure his brother will hire him.
Trying to figure out how his brother still had a job......
Old 12-28-2020, 10:28 PM   #93
Warthog
The Starter

Haskins released

Great decision to move on from Haskins. His numbers were terrible (more INT than TD) and he had a LOT of chances. The NFL is at a much higher level than college. Haskins never could get up to speed. Small baby steps forward followed by three large leaps backward.
He had a slow release, his mechanics need to be fixed, he couldn’t read defenses, he often starred down his receivers leading to INT or the WR taking a monster hit. His progression was slow, leading to sacks or holding calls. Finally his accuracy was poor. It amazes me that he was rated so high as a QB draft pick! Of course the main reason that Snyder took him over the negative reports of the entire coaching and scouting staff was because his kids went to school with Dwayne!!

Unfortunately for him, Haskins will be remembered as the biggest draft BUST of all time. Hopefully, this disaster will be Daniel Snyder’s final legacy before he is forced to sell the team. This fiasco is 100% on Snyder. If you look at most of the top draft picks that Snyder has made over the last 20 years, as well as TRADING AWAY draft picks - it is shocking at the buffoonery this owner has wrought on this franchise.

Just a few QB draft busts by Snyder:

Haskins - QB bust - worst bust of all time ??
RG3 - QB bust (although still with the Ravens as backup QB)
Campbell - QB bust

Snyder would be more successful having a monkey throw darts at a list draft picks than him making the major drafting decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"

Last edited by Warthog; 12-28-2020 at 11:50 PM.
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 10:31 PM   #94
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriSkin View Post
Trying to figure out how his brother still had a job......
Not only a job, but a 10 year job. Most over rated brothers.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-28-2020, 10:35 PM   #95
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Remember when we thought Haskins and Guice were the future... That was just last yr lmao
Old 12-28-2020, 10:48 PM   #96
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Remember when we thought Haskins and Guice were the future... That was just last yr lmao
At least Guice had talent but was a woman beater. Haskins is just clueless.

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-28-2020, 11:30 PM   #97
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Guice really could have been an elite player. He had that kind of ability. Haskins does not have the ability to play QB in the NFL. I mean the guy jumps up on the air sometimes when he is throwing a ball. He seriously was worse than Heath Shuler.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 11:33 PM   #98
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Great decision to move in from Haskins. His numbers were terrible (more INT than TD) and he had a LOT of chances. The NFL is at a much higher level than college. Haskins never could get up to speed. Small steps forward followed by three steps backward.

Unfortunately for him, Haskins will be remembered as the biggest draft BUST of all time. Hopefully, this disaster will be Daniel Snyder’s final legacy before he is forced to sell the team. This fiasco is 100% on Snyder. If you look at most of the top draft picks that Snyder has made over the last 20 years, as well as TRADING AWAY draft picks - it is shocking at the buffoonery this owner has wrought on this franchise.

Just a few QB draft busts by Snyder:

Haskins - QB bust - worst bust of all time ??
RG3 - QB bust (although still with the Ravens as backup QB)
Campbell - QB bust

Snyder would be more successful having a monkey throw darts at a list draft picks than him making the major drafting decisions.

Campbell was on Joe Gibbs. RG3, Haskins, McNabb, Patrick Ramsey and Jeff George were all on Dan. Plus he and Bruce totally mismanaged Cousins.
Old 12-28-2020, 11:42 PM   #99
Warthog
The Starter

I think Guice was over-rated. He showed fire and bursts of speed but he just couldn’t stay healthy. Even before the wife-beating issues, he could never stay off the IR and you need DURABILTY as a RB.

I’m super impressed with Gibson AND McCissick. They both play with a great motor and can open field run and catch. Perfect for this team and the way that the offense is evolving. “RB by committee” keeps them rested and fresh. The era of the one-man RB is over. With three RB, the players are always fresh and you can play them on their strengths!!

Flyboy.

Old 12-29-2020, 12:11 AM   #100
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Campbell was on Joe Gibbs. RG3, Haskins, McNabb, Patrick Ramsey and Jeff George were all on Dan. Plus he and Bruce totally mismanaged Cousins.

So Snyder let Gibbs pick Campbell over his and Cerrato’s opinion? I stand corrected. Gibbs realized too late that Snyder’s meddling in the personnel decisions made it impossible to win.

RG3 lasted longer than he should have because of Snyder. Then once they committed to Cousins they kept low balling him. Jeff George was a complete disaster - he was a real gun slinger and his team mates hated him. McNabb was another in a long series of “past-their-prime” FA players that Snyder gravitated toward in his FA decisions. Deon Sanders and others were in that group - guys that were Pro Bowlers 6-8 years BEFORE Snyder signed them. Snyder and Cerrato traded their draft picks away like they were candy. Most teams won’t trade a draft pick away unless it’s late, late in the draft. That’s why Rivera wouldn’t even talk to Snyder until he had a contract promise to have FULL Control of the personnel decisions.

We should do a comprehensive list of all of Snyder’s draft and FA disasters. But only when he’s on the way OUT.

Flyboy.

Old 12-29-2020, 12:23 AM   #101
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

JC was way better than Haskins and Ramsey tho
Old 12-29-2020, 12:29 AM   #102
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
So Snyder let Gibbs pick Campbell over his and Cerrato’s opinion? I stand corrected. Gibbs realized too late that Snyder’s meddling in the personnel decisions made it impossible to win.

RG3 lasted longer than he should have because of Snyder. Then once they committed to Cousins they kept low balling him. Jeff George was a complete disaster - he was a real gun slinger and his team mates hated him. McNabb was another in a long series of “past-their-prime” FA players that Snyder gravitated toward in his FA decisions. Deon Sanders and others were in that group - guys that were Pro Bowlers 6-8 years BEFORE Snyder signed them. Snyder and Cerrato traded their draft picks away like they were candy. Most teams won’t trade a draft pick away unless it’s late, late in the draft. That’s why Rivera wouldn’t even talk to Snyder until he had a contract promise to have FULL Control of the personnel decisions.

We should do a comprehensive list of all of Snyder’s draft and FA disasters. But only when he’s on the way OUT.

Gibbs picked the QB's once he got here. He traded for Brunell in 04 and drafted Campbell in 05. He never liked Ramsey and he was gone after 04 or 05. Ramsey was Dan and Vinny's guy. Todd Collins came in once Al Saunders was hired as oc in 2006. Had Gibbs stayed on I believe he would have gone w/ Collins over Campbell.
Old 12-29-2020, 12:34 AM   #103
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonEmouse View Post
If RR had any interest in Newton he'd have had him here instead of Allen. He played on a small contract in NE, and would have done so here. And having seen him this year, I'd be even more surprised if RR showed any interest now.

I'd consider Fitz if a) AS retires and b) we go with a development (Cousins like) prospect in the lower rounds. If Dallas really let Prescott walk, I'd see what he can do (no guarantee he can play 100% after that ankle injury), and if that happened he'd love to stick it to the Cowboys.
Allen was a cheap backup, Newton would have been a competitor for starting. I think the situation here was so messed up, RR knew better than to throw Cam in as well. It's a new ballgame now. But Cam's time in NE isn't helping his cause.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 12:36 AM   #104
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Nice breakdown of Heinecken's game yesterday

https://youtu.be/Z2zg8UCe5B8

Purveyor of fine Filth
Old 12-29-2020, 12:44 AM   #105
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
2020 an epochal year for the world, and the Washington Football Team.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote