Jiffy Lube Post Game Report - Washington v Miami

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-03-2023, 05:02 PM   #16
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Jiffy Lube Post Game Report - Washington v Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
This team is totally dead. Bottom 5 roster. There was a serious gap in talent the last few weeks. Add in Ron and EB and you got nothing, just nothing.
Howell's stats are awful from today. If they finish top 3, QB is def in play

Advertisements
Old 12-03-2023, 05:02 PM   #17
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

This is what us fans get served for lunch 70% of the time:

sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 05:02 PM   #18
HTTR
Special Teams

Ron must now have his mind on what life is going to be like post-NFL. And who cares any more about SH having continuity in EB’s system, whatever that is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2023, 05:05 PM   #19
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
I'm still drinking the kool-aid for 2024. But it's really just wishful thinking until we find out who the GM is. Harris hiring the right GM is more important than all other offseason decisions combined. If he hires the right GM, its fucking go-time.
Reasons to be optimistic for 2024:

We're going to have a new GM that will likely do a better job at using the draft and free agency to address the team's needs.

We're going to have a top draft pick with the possibility of moving up to #1 overall (depending on how the draft shakes out).

We are very likely going to have, for the first time in a LONG time, a new HC with a rookie QB.

We will hopefully have better coaches.

We will have $90 million in cap space.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 05:08 PM   #20
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
It is just that the more this team trots out there the more empty the cupboard seems. I have faith they will hire a good GM. Certainly way better than Rivera. I am just questioning whether any GM on Earth can overhaul 80 percent of our roster in one offseason. I know the coaching staff makes it look worse than it is, but remember that the same idiot making these players look bad also acquired them. The overall talent on this roster is weak as fuck.
This team is a call, and an inch, and a bounce from being winless.
The right GM with our current resources this off/draft season: The opportunity to massively improve this roster. I don't think its possible to think we can be like legit super bowl winners in 2024, but I absolutely believe its possible to finish over .500 and make the playoffs. There is generally at least 1 or 2 teams that make the playoffs after not making it. Why not us. The Snyder stench is officially fucking dead the day after week 17 is over.
Old 12-03-2023, 05:11 PM   #21
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Jiffy Lube Post Game Report - Washington v Miami

The ammunition is all there for a rebuild. No doubt, at all, whatsoever, that whoever the GM is they will be more equipped than this dope is.
Cap space and picks including a very high one - all the things you mentioned Ruh. It is extremely encouraging.

But there is way more to fix, replace, reform on this team than i thought there was a month ago. Way more. Might take a couple years to be in any serious discussions. Next year is better already just because you can’t be worse than this.
punch it in is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 05:14 PM   #22
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
The ammunition is all there for a rebuild. No doubt, at all, whatsoever, that whoever the GM is they will be more equipped than this dope is.
Cap space and picks including a very high one - all the things you mentioned Ruh. It is extremely encouraging.

But there is way more to fix, replace, reform on this team than i thought there was a month ago. Way more. Might take a couple years to be in any serious discussions. Next year is better already just because you can’t be worse than this.
Yep, I'd gladly take a 9-win season in 2024. I mean it's not great, but definitely shows we're moving the right direction. If we can win 10 or more, even if we lose the 1st round by 173 points, it's a clear sign, we're moving on up to the east side.
Old 12-03-2023, 05:14 PM   #23
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
Jartavius Martin 1 on 1 on Hill, 1st drive. Fucking dead. JDR at home getting drunk as fuck watching 1/6 videos and Rivera's defense.
Hell, he coached as if he was inebriated, so he's probably feeling right at home so to speak.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 05:15 PM   #24
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:

I think this is where better coaching comes in. I'm pretty sure there are some players (i.e. Terry, Allen, Payne) that will benefit from better coaching. IF, of course, the new regime decides to keep them.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 05:20 PM   #25
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:

I still believe between a horrible o-line, horrible head coach, and horrible defensive and offensive coordinators that it's not as dire as it may seem.

Is it fixable in one off-season? It's possible it is fixable. Will it get fixed and will we have the "right" people in place to fix things and make us a competitive bunch next season remains to be seen. I think, per the latter, we can be extremely competitive and fight for a playoff spot in '24.
Old 12-03-2023, 05:24 PM   #26
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

I don't care how big of a cap hit Wylie is, get that bum off the team. He is not a tackle in the NFL.
Old 12-03-2023, 05:44 PM   #27
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Quote:
I don't care how big of a cap hit Wylie is, get that bum off the team. He is not a tackle in the NFL.
"Stuck in his Stance" Wylie won't be back with us next season. If so, he'll be moved inside and he will not be a starter.
Old 12-03-2023, 06:30 PM   #28
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

At this point the whole staff can go.

Get a New GM
New HC
New OC
New DC

The only way EB stays is if he’s HC and he hasn’t earned that so he will leave too.

If they get the 3rd pick (it’s possible)

QB is definitely in play with a new staff.

Old 12-03-2023, 06:44 PM   #29
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Ron took an solid offensive line with 2 elite players and turned into a collection of JAGs. It will be one of the single biggest reasons he's gone at the end of the year. The 2nd reason is going d-line in the first round for 4 years (2? of which not his fault) and getting nothing to show for it.

Side note on today - I like McDaniel and respect him but felt like it was a little bush league going for a td on 4th down at the end of the game when they already secured the blowout win. Hope the football gods pay him back in some manner this year for that one.
Old 12-03-2023, 06:49 PM   #30
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Ron took an solid offensive line with 2 elite players and turned into a collection of JAGs. It will be one of the single biggest reasons he's gone at the end of the year. The 2nd reason is going d-line in the first round for 4 years (2? of which not his fault) and getting nothing to show for it.

Side note on today - I like McDaniel and respect him but felt like it was a little bush league going for a td on 4th down at the end of the game when they already secured the blowout win. Hope the football gods pay him back in some manner this year for that one.

He had 4 plus years to build a winning team and failed miserably.

This whole organization is the bottom of the league in everything it does.

Can Harris change it? Yes but at this point I doubt he will. Just so hard to believe in this organization anymore