The 50/50 Post Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-27-2019, 02:26 AM   #76
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: The 50/50 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
You know the saddest thing to me is that the Redskins are 2-9 after 11 games and not eliminated from the playoffs yet. This division is what is terrible.

punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-27-2019, 04:00 AM   #77
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Haha, how'd I know you would misconstrue that as hope for playoffs. So predictable...
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:31 AM   #78
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
How can he be so good in college ?? A pass is a pass ... geez.. everybody is talking about how great some of these defensive players are coming out of college well he was having huge success against them .. hell he played in front of crowds way bigger than any of the empty stadium games in Washington.. he was on TV in national televised games.. it just does not add up unless the game plan coaching is that different.. there were a lot of great football minds who thought we got a great player in Haskins .. what the hell happened?
Not exactly. He played for Ohio State which had the most offensive players drafted into the NFL. He had way more time to throw to receivers that were "college open." If a receiver is in the clear it is a lot easier to adjust to an inaccurate throw than when a defender is draped all over you. Also when a receiver is wide open you can put a lot more air under the ball, you don't have to throw accurate darts. Playing QB at Ohio State is like playing catch in the backyard compared to the NFL.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:18 AM   #79
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The east hasn't been very good in a few years now
Old 11-27-2019, 09:20 AM   #80
rocnrik
Playmaker

I get it .. however the guys that analyze these players for the skins do they get it ..I can’t believe with all the analysts out there and people breaking down every single bit of info that somebody did not say .. hey wait a second this kid has really bad fundamentals and is not worthy of the 15th overall pick.. it just seems we get it wrong so many times but I guess other teams do to .. that’s why all this talk about Chase Young being a sure thing..there are no sure things .
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 09:59 AM   #81
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
I get it .. however the guys that analyze these players for the skins do they get it ..I can’t believe with all the analysts out there and people breaking down every single bit of info that somebody did not say .. hey wait a second this kid has really bad fundamentals and is not worthy of the 15th overall pick.. it just seems we get it wrong so many times but I guess other teams do to .. that’s why all this talk about Chase Young being a sure thing..there are no sure things .
QB is by far the hardest position to accurately draft for in the NFL. Even QB gurus have drafted countless duds. It is the hardest position mentally to play in all sports. Playing against NFL defenses is night and day different than college. You never know with confidence how a kid will do at the next level.

The hardest QBs to judge are the ones coming from colleges that constantly attract top athletes. I think USC has to be the worst, hands down the best all time from there was Carson Palmer, and how many of their QBs were drafted high?

The big problem with the QB position is a lot of the attributes that make good ones can't be measured. Also college coaches are just trying to win games at all cost, they aren't grooming a QB for long term NFL success.
Old 11-27-2019, 10:20 AM   #82
MTK
\m/

Haskins threw a ton of screens and passes very close to the LOS at Ohio St. That 70% completion rate was definitely way over inflated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2019, 10:55 AM   #83
jamf
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Grudens impact can't be discounted. He stunted Haskins progression by clinging to McCoy, and probably resentment towards BA and Snyder.

Haskins is clearly immature when it comes to what is expected of an NFL qb, and having his coach not want to play him fed that immaturity.
100% agree.
First thing Haskins learned in training camp was there is zero discipline and accountability on the team.

Haskins is playing on par with the overall team performance and that isn't good but I find it hard to blame the youngest and most inexperienced guy on the team for not playing better.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 11:02 AM   #84
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Haskins threw a ton of screens and passes very close to the LOS at Ohio St. That 70% completion rate was definitely way over inflated.

Watched every pass he had last yr, it was no secret that he was not the most accurate thrower and most QBs play in friendly systems in college. He also had a ton of talent around him which makes anyone look good.

You can't give up on him after 1 year though. If he's not much better next yr then yes draft a QB
Old 11-27-2019, 12:08 PM   #85
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Watched every pass he had last yr, it was no secret that he was not the most accurate thrower and most QBs play in friendly systems in college. He also had a ton of talent around him which makes anyone look good.

You can't give up on him after 1 year though. If he's not much better next yr then yes draft a QB
Some people are giving up on him after 3 starts and that is crazy.

Daniel Jones has played all year and is getting Ds. Let Haskins develop and grow up, if he ends up a bust its just par for course for the Redskins franchise (not just DSnyder's era either)

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 12:21 PM   #86
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

While other than his arm strength and a little pocket presence I am not impressed with Haskins, I will give him through next year before I would want to kick him to the curb. If you can improve the fundamentals a lot of the other issues could correct themselves. What baffles me about him is his tendency to show poor techniques even from a clean pocket and clear throwing lanes.
Old 11-27-2019, 12:35 PM   #87
MTK
\m/

We heard from the start he was a project and if the team had their way he wouldn’t have played at all this year

Old 11-27-2019, 12:58 PM   #88
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Grudens impact can't be discounted. He stunted Haskins progression by clinging to McCoy, and probably resentment towards BA and Snyder.

Haskins is clearly immature when it comes to what is expected of an NFL qb, and having his coach not want to play him fed that immaturity.

Can you blame Gruden? Why would you want to deal with Haskins and all his issues? Maybe if it was his 1st year but he's in his 6th year. This is Redskins dysfunction at it's best. Make your 6th year coach work with the handpicked QB from an owner that hasn't learned a damn thing in 20 years.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:10 PM   #89
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Can you blame Gruden? Why would you want to deal with Haskins and all his issues? Maybe if it was his 1st year but he's in his 6th year. This is Redskins dysfunction at it's best. Make your 6th year coach work with the handpicked QB from an owner that hasn't learned a damn thing in 20 years.
Of course it falls on the FO for not firing the coaching staff last year then doing it right. But once Gruden had Haskins it was on him to groom him instead of trying to make two retread qbs work. The dysfunction of the organization is at the bottom of all of it. Any qb brought in last draft would be having issues based on the way our FO handled the end of last season, and all of this season

CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:16 PM   #90
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Haha, how'd I know you would misconstrue that as hope for playoffs. So predictable...

It’s a joke man. Relax.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote