The 50/50 Post Game Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-26-2019, 08:39 PM   #61
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Re: The 50/50 Post Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
If you're more pissed off about the selfie and showing up 2.5 hours before the game (sorry, not late) than his actual play on the field (which leaves plenty to be desired) I really think you're looking at this all wrong.

I just meant that I hope these aren’t signs of more immaturity. Obviously I am more concerned with his game. Anyway that is why I said they are related.
Not the end of the world, but forget the selfies and autographs and accolades until you start playing at least half way decent.....
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-26-2019, 08:46 PM   #62
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Plenty who are worse...some names have already been mentioned. I think he's showing improvement in a lot of areas. Accuracy is his biggest issue at this point, but he's definitely not a country mile worse than ALL other starting QBs in the league, currently starting, benched, hurt, or otherwise.

What areas do you see improvement in? Just curious.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:03 PM   #63
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Haskins accuracy will correct, his stat in college was 70%- that doesn't mean its guaranteed he will just that it wasn't an
Having game winning drives regardless of how you play during the game is an "IT" factor that our qbs haven't had in forever. In fact KC was the antithesis of the IT factory.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:06 PM   #64
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
What areas do you see improvement in? Just curious.
I would say his knowledge of the offense / the plays, his communication, his ability to read defenses better, and to know where to go with the ball...if he can tighten up his accuracy, like some have said, they probably win that Detroit game going away.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:13 PM   #65
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
FFS with this already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Immature rookie who is forced into a starting role before he's ready is immature.

Stop the presses.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:24 PM   #66
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
Haskins accuracy will correct, his stat in college was 70%- that doesn't mean its guaranteed he will just that it wasn't an
Having game winning drives regardless of how you play during the game is an "IT" factor that our qbs haven't had in forever. In fact KC was the antithesis of the IT factory.

Drives or a drive? Unspectacular as it was.
Cousins had some more spectacular game winning drives than what we saw Sunday. He was the first quarterback in five years to overcome a 20 point halftime deficit just in week 11. You like that?
Old 11-26-2019, 09:30 PM   #67
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Drives or a drive? Unspectacular as it was.
Cousins had some more spectacular game winning drives than what we saw Sunday. He was the first quarterback in five years to overcome a 20 point halftime deficit just in week 11. You like that?
The offense tied the game and then after the interception won the game. All in less then 2 minutes. As someone pointed out He just missed on a few throws for TDs, he should clean those up, and I certainly wish he had it cleaned up already. If it is nerves then getting a game winning drive under his belt should help him get past that.

Old 11-26-2019, 09:38 PM   #68
rocnrik
Playmaker

How can he be so good in college ?? A pass is a pass ... geez.. everybody is talking about how great some of these defensive players are coming out of college well he was having huge success against them .. hell he played in front of crowds way bigger than any of the empty stadium games in Washington.. he was on TV in national televised games.. it just does not add up unless the game plan coaching is that different.. there were a lot of great football minds who thought we got a great player in Haskins .. what the hell happened?
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:48 PM   #69
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
How can he be so good in college ?? A pass is a pass ... geez.. everybody is talking about how great some of these defensive players are coming out of college well he was having huge success against them .. hell he played in front of crowds way bigger than any of the empty stadium games in Washington.. he was on TV in national televised games.. it just does not add up unless the game plan coaching is that different.. there were a lot of great football minds who thought we got a great player in Haskins .. what the hell happened?
Grudens impact can't be discounted. He stunted Haskins progression by clinging to McCoy, and probably resentment towards BA and Snyder.

Haskins is clearly immature when it comes to what is expected of an NFL qb, and having his coach not want to play him fed that immaturity.

Old 11-26-2019, 09:58 PM   #70
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocnrik View Post
The NFL is a much faster game across the board, I don't care what conference you come from. And as CRed said, Gruden did him no favors NOT getting him ready. He has what, 16 starts under his belt if you add college and NFL together? Give him a minute already...
Old 11-26-2019, 11:25 PM   #71
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

We won a game and Haskins was the starter. Give zero fucks about how pretty it was. And a lot of other young bucks were great contributors. Awesome for those guys to taste victory.

Should Sims have just ran out of bounds on purpose? Or should Hopkins have purposely shanked it?

Last edited by sdskinsfan2001; 11-27-2019 at 01:40 AM.
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:02 AM   #72
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
We won a game and Haskins was the starter. Give zero fucks about how pretty it was. And a lot of other young bucks were great contributors. Awesome for those guys to taste victory.

Should Sims have just ran out of bounds on purpose? Or should Hopkins have purposely shanked it.
Well yeah, so we can have a better draft pick...of course!
Old 11-27-2019, 01:06 AM   #73
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

You know the saddest thing to me is that the Redskins are 2-9 after 11 games and not eliminated from the playoffs yet. This division is what is terrible.
Old 11-27-2019, 01:45 AM   #74
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
You know the saddest thing to me is that the Redskins are 2-9 after 11 games and not eliminated from the playoffs yet. This division is what is terrible.
So you're telling me there's a chance?!

(LOL)

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 11-27-2019, 01:47 AM   #75
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Well yeah, so we can have a better draft pick...of course!
Replying to this to further discuss (not because you were being serious).

If anyone wants us to lose on purpose, you are asking for the Redskins to cheat. And I'm sure other teams do cheat. But do we really need to fling more shit on top of ourselves?? You think if we cheated, even if you're ok with it, that we wouldn't get caught, and it wouldn't blow up in our faces? I mean I know that we have a damn good culture, but I don't see this being anything but a disaster for us.

If we would have lost, I would have been perfectly fine with it, but are we really getting mad about winning (and by that, being mad that we weren't cheating)?

I'd rather go 4-12 honorably than cheat to go 1-15 on purpose, for the hope that we would get a sure fire great player. I mean I want Chase Young or Andrew Thomas, but I don't want to cheat to get either of them. And there ain't no such thing as a sure thing anyways.

You play to win the game!
sdskinsfan2001 is online now   Reply With Quote