Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
Like the offense.
Yeah man that was brutal to watch
Old 09-20-2020, 10:21 PM   #33
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Re: Cards postgame

Murray makes it extremely hard on the pass rush. Him and Kingsbury are a match made in football heaven. Not gonna be easy to sack him all year. He is on a R. Wilson trajectory.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:29 PM   #34
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdskinsfan2001 View Post
Murray makes it extremely hard on the pass rush. Him and Kingsbury are a match made in football heaven. Not gonna be easy to sack him all year. He is on a R. Wilson trajectory.
Add in a threat like D. Hop to that offense, I think they are going to be an extremely competitive team and likely playoff bound.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:42 PM   #35
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I cannot argue with any of that. However, if there was even a little bit of WFT offense in the 1st three quarters, this game would have been so much different.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 10:48 PM   #36
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
I cannot argue with any of that. However, if there was even a little bit of WFT offense in the 1st three quarters, this game would have been so much different.
I really wish they had leaned on the running game more earlier in the game.

Also they gotta find a way to compensate for the shitty o-line play.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 11:17 PM   #37
OnceWeWereKings
The Starter

Haskins is incredibly inaccurate. That is our main offensive woe. The line sucks, yes...but even when given time he's throwing over or behind receivers. He started to settle in in the 3rd(?) Quarter....but it seems like his inaccuracy is a trend.
I'll go on record and say I haven't been a fan since he was disappointed that we drafted him. Hope he does well, but i just don't like him, or think he's the guy.
Old 09-20-2020, 11:45 PM   #38
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
RK played but he was ghost all game
Every other week this is normal you should know that.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 12:11 AM   #39
Meks
Pro Bowl

We don't have an offense 😕
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 05:52 AM   #40
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Lotta doom and gloom after yesterday.

We found out how good this team could be in week 1, now we found out how bad this team could be in a week 2.

It will be a year of growing pains, and hopefully progress. But in weeks where our offensive line looks like trash I don't expect to see competitive football. Haskins is never going to be a guy that can succeed in spite of his o-line.
Old 09-21-2020, 06:25 AM   #41
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Lotta doom and gloom after yesterday.

We found out how good this team could be in week 1, now we found out how bad this team could be in a week 2.

It will be a year of growing pains, and hopefully progress. But in weeks where our offensive line looks like trash I don't expect to see competitive football. Haskins is never going to be a guy that can succeed in spite of his o-line.
This. I think some of us have a reasonable take on what's likely this year and some have just too much expectation.

Firstly talking about Herbert having a good first game is dumb for 3 reasons; 1) he had 4 years of starting in college (though he was good from the get go), 2) he has an established O around him with a good OL and some of the best skill position players around him and 3) he still made dumb decisions. His field position awareness was lacking; he unnecessarily threw the ball into traffic while running when he was 3 yards from the 1st down marker with nobody in front of him and they were in the lead. And his INT was ugly.

And no QB is going to light up the scoreboard with a Swiss cheese OL. I only caught the plays that they showed on Redzone, but I saw multiple plays where he had less than 2 seconds to pass. On a designed quick pass that's OK, but on 3rd and 10, if you can't give your QB at least 3 seconds you are most likely to be 4th and 10 or worse. Leaving 2 extra blockers in isn't the answer because any decent secondary should shut down 3 WR's all day, especially when only rushing 4 or 5. The OL has to improve if we're to get more than 4-6 wins.

And I can't blame the D. We still got 3 sacks (albeit only 1 from a DL) against a QB who's like trying to trying to catch mist. What is a little concerning is that Drake managed over 4y per carry, though I believe he was largely bottled up in the 1st half? Murray getting big yardage isn't a surprise as most of his running yardage comes off broken plays. I do however agree that its surprising we didn't spy him more. Tough one really because if you take an LB or DB out of coverage to spy him, Hopkins etc. will have a field day...

I'm taking some positives from this, and seeing them as what RR will build on as the season goes forward and into the offseason decisions:

1) McLaurin is the real deal, the one shining light on O.
Sims is a good enough #2 (forget Inman) or #3 if we can get better #2 in the offseason. I'd build a WR crew around them and ditch everyone else as better guys come in.
2) Gibson is a keeper, maybe McKissick. I see why RR thought AP was a luxury we didn't need. He wouldn't do better behind this OL and he'd be taking reps from guys that should be the future.
3) CY is the real deal AND he elevates the rest of the DL. We need to find LB's and DB's to back up the DL play. Fuller and Moreland should be the only ones with anything like a guarantee to be here next year.
4) Haskins hasn't thrown an INT yet; for all his inaccuracy he's trying to put the ball where only his guy can catch it, albeit that he's not doing a great job. But I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt through a lack of experience. I think he can and will improve (though it may take a revamped OL).
AnonEmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:12 AM   #42
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Not good
Old 09-21-2020, 08:22 AM   #43
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
This is the bottom line:

The defense played well enough to win.

The offense did not play well enough to win.

The end.
This. The game is a great way to bring us all back to the earth... Rivera already said last week that it will take the offense a while to mesh together. If we win some games this year, it will be because of our defense. We need to do everything we can do to rebuild the Oline this offseason.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 08:28 AM   #44
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

John Clayton said on the morning drive today that if the draft happened today he'd go

Murray
Mindshew
Lock
Jones
Haskins

Can't argue that
Old 09-21-2020, 08:30 AM   #45
skinsfan69
Living Legend

DH was not drafted by this staff - fair or not he isn't getting a long leach. I'd expect to see Allen by the 8th game. DH misses lay ups. He can't hit basic passes that any college QB hits. Don't want to hear how strong his arm is.

The line isn't helping him much. They are so bad. I see why Jay moved Scherrf to guard. He is a joke at pass blocking. CAN NOT extend him to a LTD simply because he is not a top player at his position but wants to be paid like one. His back-up is better at pass blocking.

I've seen enough of BBQ. For every play he makes he fucks up the next 3. Just isn't a good safety. Who looked at his film and thought he was better than Mathieu? That is the guy you pay money to. He makes plays, tackles and covers. I'd put Curl in there more and more. At least he wants to hit someone and doesn't seem to take shitty angles. Apke has no hope and should only be on teams.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote