Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Cards postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-21-2020, 09:41 AM   #61
MTK
\m/

Re: Cards postgame

Yeah Haskins needs to play better but you can't just look at his play without considering all of the other factors too. It's not an excuse to say the OL is garbage, it's just a fact. He's facing instant pressure way too often.

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2020, 09:48 AM   #62
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

What I have heard about Haskins since he was thrown to the wolves last year is he continually progresses, gets better every week, doesn't make the same mistake twice, etc. Countless talking heads have sung those praises, consistently, and that cannot be ignored.

That being said, he has also been inaccurate at times, but I have to believe some of that inaccuracy comes from happy feet and anxiously trying to get rid of the football before he gets clobbered.

The O line has to improve. Honestly after Scherff went out last night, I thought the O line was better. Perhaps that was a coincidence...?
Chief X_Phackter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 09:53 AM   #63
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
What I have heard about Haskins since he was thrown to the wolves last year is he continually progresses, gets better every week, doesn't make the same mistake twice, etc. Countless talking heads have sung those praises, consistently, and that cannot be ignored.

That being said, he has also been inaccurate at times, but I have to believe some of that inaccuracy comes from happy feet and anxiously trying to get rid of the football before he gets clobbered.

The O line has to improve. Honestly after Scherff went out last night, I thought the O line was better. Perhaps that was a coincidence...?
People forget that last year's o-line, when Haskins was making a lot of progress towards the end of the season, was far better than the group we have now.

As Matty said, Haskins needs to play better period. But you can't overlook the fact that this o-line is straight up trash. They are not even mediocre, they are straight up terrible. Also, Scott Turner needs to draw up a gameplan with that in mind IMO.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:02 AM   #64
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Yeah Haskins needs to play better but you can't just look at his play without considering all of the other factors too. It's not an excuse to say the OL is garbage, it's just a fact. He's facing instant pressure way too often.
O for sure, it's not all on him at all.. The issue is when he has time he misses badly and that's not a good sign
Old 09-21-2020, 10:06 AM   #65
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
People forget that last year's o-line, when Haskins was making a lot of progress towards the end of the season, was far better than the group we have now.

As Matty said, Haskins needs to play better period. But you can't overlook the fact that this o-line is straight up trash. They are not even mediocre, they are straight up terrible. Also, Scott Turner needs to draw up a gameplan with that in mind IMO.
I feel like he does...once they are down by more than 2 scores.
Chief X_Phackter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:07 AM   #66
Summo
The Bringer of Digital Bling

yea the left side of the o-line in particular. Im kinda surprised they didnt flip moses to LT, at this point he cant be any worse than Christian SR

Visit my Socials: Twitter: @summo13 IGram:@summo13art
Summo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:12 AM   #67
skinsfan69
Living Legend

[QUOTE=Ruhskins;1259628]The bottom two QBs on this list are playing for their second HC in their second year. And that's probably one of the reasons why Jones is 0-2 and Haskins stunk it up yesterday.

We're in a rebuilding year and people already want to get rid of Haskins? If RR had drafted a rookie QB, I'd be all for getting rid of Haskins. But that's not the case.

If people were willing to give Cousins mediocre ass 4 years and put up a ton of excuses for him, we can give Haskins a full season to see if he's worth keeping.[/QUOTE

two different scenarios... - the difference is Cousins was not drafted here to start. he was drafted as a backup in the 4th round. he spot started for 3 years as insurance for rg until he won the job. but even in his spot starts kirk had some huge games. kirk's first start has easily been better than anything we've seen from DH. you simply can not compare the two at all.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 10:14 AM   #68
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

[quote=skinsfan69;1259635]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The bottom two QBs on this list are playing for their second HC in their second year. And that's probably one of the reasons why Jones is 0-2 and Haskins stunk it up yesterday.

We're in a rebuilding year and people already want to get rid of Haskins? If RR had drafted a rookie QB, I'd be all for getting rid of Haskins. But that's not the case.

If people were willing to give Cousins mediocre ass 4 years and put up a ton of excuses for him, we can give Haskins a full season to see if he's worth keeping.[/QUOTE

two different scenarios... - the difference is Cousins was not drafted here to start. he was drafted as a backup in the 4th round. he spot started for 3 years as insurance for rg until he won the job. but even in his spot starts kirk had some huge games. kirk's first start has easily been better than anything we've seen from DH. you simply can not compare the two at all.
Kirk has a better OL though but yeah overall I'd still take KC over Haskins and said that when we let him go, I was mad then and still mad now. Yeah Kirk was awful yesterday but he is still a good QB
Old 09-21-2020, 10:18 AM   #69
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The trend has been horrible so far, Offense starts out like they have no clue what to do and we get down 17-0... You won't win many games like that.

Cleveland has a very below avg defense, no excuses this week
Old 09-21-2020, 10:25 AM   #70
MTK
\m/

Turner also needs to step it up and get on the same page with Haskins right off the bat vs halfway through the game.

Basically, everyone on offense needs to step it up not just Dwayne.
Old 09-21-2020, 10:30 AM   #71
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Turner also needs to step it up and get on the same page with Haskins right off the bat vs halfway through the game.

Basically, everyone on offense needs to step it up not just Dwayne.
Gibson looked good, I think getting him the ball more will help.
Old 09-21-2020, 11:01 AM   #72
SunnySide
Playmaker

Haskins ---

anticipation and reading the field -- seems like he has to see it before he throws it. Turner may be figuring that out, 2nd half we saw more slants, drags and crosses .. things Haskins can see open and then throw it. There is very little timing or anticipation throws. Last 2 games I didnt see one pass that was thrown to a receiver before their break. Its like Haskins has to see a guy win his route before he releases the ball. Not a good sign.

footwork -- this should have improved. He consistently throws flat footed but also he often doesnt even have a lead foot/leg. Its like his hips are open and facing the LOS when he releases. That 3rd and 2 throw that was low to Inman, he threw it flat footed and without a lead leg.

https://twitter.com/MarkBullockNFL/s...527236097?s=20

^^ this isnt the 3rd and 2 play (and haskins gets a reception here) but its an example of his "bad base" as Bullock calls it. I like the term and will use it. Ive never seen a Qb want to throw like this. He does this when there is pressure and he cant step up and into a throw (understandable) but he does it when he has time and room as well.

His lazy footwork where he just relies on his arm and uses 0% of his legs and hips is a major fucking problem. This should have been coached out of him.

He does have a lead leg on half his throws .. but the other half are "bad base" throws and it leads directly to poor accuracy. Sometimes he gets away with it,sometimes like on 3rd and 2 he is inexcusably inaccurate.
Old 09-21-2020, 11:08 AM   #73
SkinsGuru
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
John Clayton said on the morning drive today that if the draft happened today he'd go

Murray
Mindshew
Lock
Jones
Haskins

Can't argue that
only if Haskins is a 7th round pick . . . and i'm not sure i'd take him then
SkinsGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2020, 11:14 AM   #74
SunnySide
Playmaker

O line was getting 0 push or holes for the run game in the 1st half. 2nd half, I saw some unit cohesion where they were able to seal some running lanes and move the DL.

Geron Christian - if the expectation for him was to just stay in front of Chandler Jones and delay his progress to the QB by 2-3 seconds, I thought he kinda met that expectation. They got 4 sacks on the day but Chandler Jones had 0s on his stat sheet but with 4 QB hits.

Wes martin - he looked a little better. still no where needed to be considered even an average O lineman but he was able to stand in front of his man and impede progress a tiny bit.

^^ These guys are just below average players who should be no. 2 or 3 on depth charts and not starters.

But this is what this season is about. See if Wes martin can anchor better, toughen up a bit. See if Geron can recognize and handle an outside speed rush vs an inside spin move.

I thought they both played better week 2 vs week 1.
Old 09-21-2020, 11:16 AM   #75
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Gibson looked good, I think getting him the ball more will help.
I don't understand why we are not a run first team, given that we have Gibson, McKissic, and Barber.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is online now   Reply With Quote