RAMS Postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-15-2020, 01:20 PM   #136
PorkSkins
Playmaker

Re: RAMS Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Manusky got heat, now Del Rio. We are now in a 4-3. Folks it's the players. They just aren't any good. It doesn't matter who the coordinator is. No more excuses for this group.

As far as the offense, they got 100 yards. I bet Clemson could get 100 in an NFL game. That's how bad they are.
Our 'backers and safeties aren't good. They also seem to lack football IQ (outside of Thomas Davis, who is long in the tooth) for the most part as well.

Hopefully, Cole Holcomb is ready to go and we can finally get a look at him this season. We're in need of smarts and better talent at the 'backer and safety positions.
PorkSkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-15-2020, 08:31 PM   #137
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnySide View Post
great post French

Ive been hearing about the skins going with a "heavy nickel" package where Curl comes in. That should help having KPL and Curl be able to match up on a TE or slot vs Bostic.

Del Rio needs to do a better job of hiding Bostic from coverage bc its an automatic win for the offense. I would think this is something Del Rio is clearly working on. Worst case scenario, put Holcomb in who at least has some speed and hustle.
Yep Curl gets in there a lot, and I like what we're seeing from the rookie. Explosive against the run. Cooley says he's not good in man coverage though IIRC.
Old 10-15-2020, 09:38 PM   #138
skinsfan69
Living Legend

We do not have any LB"s that can cover. This has been going on for years, going all the way back to Fletcher and Perry Riley. Then Mason Foster who was literally the worst LB I have ever seen take an NFL field. Now we have a few new guys who are just not any good. I mean, what was the point of signing Davis? Cause he knows the defense? SMH.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:34 PM   #139
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
We do not have any LB"s that can cover. This has been going on for years, going all the way back to Fletcher and Perry Riley. Then Mason Foster who was literally the worst LB I have ever seen take an NFL field. Now we have a few new guys who are just not any good. I mean, what was the point of signing Davis? Cause he knows the defense? SMH.
Disagree on Foster but that's the past...

Definitely agree on Davis though, the guy is slow as the drugged out son of a turtle and a hedgehog... and what good does knowing the defense bring if you don't do your assignment anyway...
Does the film session go:
"-Hey Thomas, the flat was...
-Yeah yeah coach the flat was definitely mine, I didn't go there because I was too tired but I know my assignment of course !
- Okay, see guys?! THIS is what we want ! Somebody who knows 100% of the playbook ! Ok, next week we might start applying what we know on the field, but don't rush it guys, wouldn't want to hurt the development of this young football team !" ?
Old 10-21-2020, 01:40 AM   #140
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Disagree on Foster but that's the past...

Definitely agree on Davis though, the guy is slow as the drugged out son of a turtle and a hedgehog... and what good does knowing the defense bring if you don't do your assignment anyway...
Does the film session go:
"-Hey Thomas, the flat was...
-Yeah yeah coach the flat was definitely mine, I didn't go there because I was too tired but I know my assignment of course !
- Okay, see guys?! THIS is what we want ! Somebody who knows 100% of the playbook ! Ok, next week we might start applying what we know on the field, but don't rush it guys, wouldn't want to hurt the development of this young football team !" ?
So you remember that play I posted a gif about?
I had also posted it to twitter, with the other embarrassing plays from the film breakdown, Cooley responded "you sure found them. tough to watch".

Well, I don't know why because I didn't tag him, and I'm only on Twitter to follow WFT related things and mainly post about the name change, so I have like 12 or so followers... But Thomas Davis found the tweet and didn't like it...

Man how dysfunctional is this team when we have 15 years vet defending their play during an ugly loss on a tweet that got 15 likes... sad... also a bit funny. But mainly sad.

Old 10-21-2020, 06:10 AM   #141
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Wow...that’s pretty cool coachman!

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 06:29 AM   #142
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Wow...that’s pretty cool coachman!

The man is 37 years old, 15 years vet, and has time for this, amazing to me...
Old 10-21-2020, 06:42 AM   #143
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post

The man is 37 years old, 15 years vet, and has time for this, amazing to me...
Pretty funny a 15 year vet is worried about that...I’m hoping Holcomb gets play going forward.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote