Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Bucs Postgame

Redskins Locker Room


View Poll Results: Who gets your game ball for the Skins 16-3 win over the Bucs?
J. Norman 5 23.81%
P. Smith 0 0%
R. Anderson 4 19.05%
G. Stroman 2 9.52%
A. Peterson 1 4.76%
T. Way 7 33.33%
other 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2018, 08:33 PM   #151
punch it in
Gamebreaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 12,545
Re: Bucs Postgame

I just saw that Christian is now done for the year too? Wtf? I mean really wtf? Teams don’t lose this many o linemen to injury in five years. We just did it in two weeks. My God.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-12-2018, 08:35 PM   #152
punch it in
Gamebreaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 12,545
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan69 View Post
Norman is fine against bigger slower wr's like Evans or Dez. Hopkins? Not sure that's a good one on one matchup for Norman.


Careful or he will call you out for being a bad fan. What a fucking douche calling out fans. How bout you say “yeah we deserve to be booed alot”. Douche.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 08:45 PM   #153
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 10,711
Re: Bucs Postgame

Keim's observations:

Thoughts and observations after the Washington Redskins16-3 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

1. There’s always some consternation after a Redskins win – so I’ve noticed over the years – and that was true again Sunday. In some cases it’s about adjusting expectations. That’s not to say you shouldn’t demand a winner, but know who it is you’re rooting for: This team will not turn into some dynamic offense in the next seven games. It’s not in their DNA. They don’t have a quarterback who is adept at simply attacking defenses. Look at the receivers: Name one who scares a defense. I’ll have more on Tampa’s offense in a minute, but there’s a difference in how Washington’s wideouts get played vs. others. And that’s not to place the blame on them, just to point out what we’re watching. The Redskins do have guys who can make contested catches, but they’re not doing a whole lot after the catch because there’s often not a lot of separation. They don’t win quickly off the line. They do play tough and that helps, both on third downs and in the run game. Watch Michael Floyd block a defensive back; when you have little margin for error sometimes those blocks result in key yards that sustains one drive that lead to a win. Josh Doctson blocks well, too. He’s been consistent catching the ball and did a nice job finding the open spot in the end zone Sunday – and Alex Smith did well to extend the play. Yeah, you’d like to see Doctson on pace for a lot more than what he’s done. They would too. But he has helped lately.

2. That doesn’t mean all is well or that things can’t improve. Getting some injured players – such as running back Chris Thompson and receiver Jamison Crowder -- back will help. That is, if they can stay on the field. Both, but Thompson in particular, can do something others on the field just don’t do much right now: make defenders miss. Still, the Redskins too often need scheme to free receivers – it does happen; trust me it’s on film – but it’s also incumbent on the receiver to win his route. Much like Vernon Davis did on the deep play-action in which he was wide open – and missed.

3. The point: Washington will have to keep winning in a way that isn’t always going to look great. Yes, if the Redskins want to do anything in the playoffs they must build a stronger offense. Get there first. And getting there will require winning games like Sunday. They can’t always count on four turnovers. They will need the run game to remain productive. They will need the defense to play better on third downs and stiffen in the red zone. They need Tress Way to keep punting well. They lack much margin for error in games and that won’t change anytime soon. But they have a two-game lead in the NFC East because their formula has worked.

4. Give credit to the Redskins’ offensive line. Of course it could have been better, but they had three new starters and right tackle Morgan Moses was playing with a brace on his right leg. Honestly, after watching him in pre-game, I wasn’t sure how long he would last. They had to gut it out and they did. The run game suffered in the first half. Adrian Peterson rushed for 18 yards on five carries in the first half – and 16 came on one carry. Three of his first-down runs lost yards; starting in a hole is bad for this offense. (And they’ve been bad throwing the ball on first down, another issue). But in the second half, Peterson rushed 14 times for 50 yards – not great, but effective. Only two carries lost yards in the final two quarters. But give credit to Jonathan Cooper, despite two holding penalties, for keeping it together. The three new linemen stayed late after practice, called linemates to ask questions at night. The make shift line spent an extra 40 minutes the night before the game going over the play script. “These guys worked their butts off,” Moses said.

5. When you have this sort of line grouping, you need others to play well. I need to re-watch the game, but saw tight end Jeremy Sprinkle on one drive in particular stand out with a block in space on Kapri Bibbs’ 15-yard draw. Two plays later on Peterson’s 16-yard run, Sprinkle again had a key block (as did Floyd). Other times you see Doctson making a key block. None of that is fancy, but it squeezes out extra yards that this team needs. But, damn, they have to hit those deep open shots like the one Alex Smith missed to Davis. It’s good that Smith doesn’t turn it over; that matters. But if you hit more of those kind of shots you also can afford a pick or two.

6. It’s funny because the Redskins won a game in which they were banged up and playing on the road and against a team that, while not good, was largely picked to win. And yet no one seems happy or at least satisfied. With some players it’s hard to tell if they won or lost – Jonathan Allen in particular. Certainly some felt good because they should. It’s hard to win and, heck, it’s been 11 years since this team was 6-3. But they know how tight the rope is that they’re trying to walk by playing the way they have.

7. It was occasionally maddening to see how much cushion the Redskins’ corners gave Tampa Bay, especially vs. DeSean Jackson. Except that there was a method to this apparent madness. And it’s simple: The Redskins did not want to give up plays over the top. During the week, some Redskins corners shrugged off Jackson catching a nine-yard hitch route, knowing that might move the chains – but it wouldn’t change the game. Indeed, Jackson’s longest catch was for 24 yards. But five Bucs receivers caught passes that went 20 or more yards – but none went for more than 29. That became part of the reason they won. Linebacker Zach Brown – obviously not covering receivers, but well aware of the plan -- said, “We had to make sure we stayed on top of it and kept the ball in front of us.”

8. The Redskins also were confident that Ryan Fitzpatrick would throw them the ball on occasion. It’s not even that he forces throws, it’s that he makes bad ones – like the one that Norman intercepted at the goal line. As Brown said, the running back was running a corner route. “That’s not the best person to throw a seven-route to,” he said. The Redskins counted on that from Fitzpatrick and he delivered. But on the Greg Stroman pick, it was a route the Bucs had run a few times. Stroman said he “just read the receiver. I saw him stemming out and ready to break in and I just drove on it.” Norman said, “the rookie was kind of having himself a long day. He saw that play and they kept coming to him and finally on the third or fourth one he made they pay. Made them pay in a big way.”

9. As for Norman’s comments, it’s funny how that topic even came up. It was a basic question about winning on the road and that clearly touched on a topic Norman wanted to discuss. New Redskins president of business operations Brian LaFemina was about 10 feet away when Norman dove in on the lack of a home field advantage. Improving the game day experience is LaFemina’s task. So I’m not sure what Norman said was what LaFemina would have preferred. I wouldn’t be surprised to learn later that LaFemina had a conversation with Norman on the plane ride home. LaFemina likes transparency so my guess is that he’d fill him in on what they’re doing and why.

10. While we can list a number of reasons why fans aren’t showing up, for players they just know seats are empty. They’re not always clued in as to why that might be the case – or what the organization strategy is in terms of selling tickets. Any player wants their home stadium to be a feared place to play. Any fan wants the same. Tickets are damn expensive so that leads to business decisions by fans if: the team isn’t winning; the experience isn’t great and the team just might not be beloved by them anymore. We all make decisions that suit our needs. But the bottom line is that FedEx is not a good venue for the Redskins. The players can do their part by continuing to win. I’ve long thought the organization had some work to do to win back some of the fan base; winning helps but there are plenty who want to like the organization again. Too often, based on what I hear from people on social media, is that the organization provides reasons to drive people away.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:05 PM   #154
SFREDSKIN
MVP
 
SFREDSKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pacifica, CA
Posts: 10,711
Re: Bucs Postgame

I still can't believe Christian is out for the season after 3 snaps, we are snake bitten. He started playing better and thought he would be a factor later in the season and a better option than Austin "the holder" Howard, whom I saw lots of his holding penalties with the Raiders.
__________________
Joe Gibbs- The best coach of all time, Lombardi trophy should be renamed Gibbs.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.


Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:29 PM   #155
Ruhskins
Living Legend
 
Ruhskins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 19,117
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
I still can't believe Christian is out for the season after 3 snaps, we are snake bitten. He started playing better and thought he would be a factor later in the season and a better option than Austin "the holder" Howard, whom I saw lots of his holding penalties with the Raiders.
It's crazy. Christian would have had opportunities to play this season, which is would have been good for his development. We just can't catch a break on the injury front.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
__________________
R.I.P. #21

New words created on The Warpath:
Rewalsr - Somretimes - Fualt - Jersesy - Itiot - Composetory
Afeard - Storgn - Empliment - Gaissn - Saftys - Minnisota
Faviort - Hatter - Phsyched - Foof - Heloing - Brutual
Stroried - Agianst

"If you have to debate which of your 3 QBs is your best, you don't have a QB. Say it with me now... it... doesn't... matter." Schneed
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:41 PM   #156
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 91,427
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Careful or he will call you out for being a bad fan. What a fucking douche calling out fans. How bout you say “yeah we deserve to be booed alot”. Douche.

In his defense he’s been in DC for 3 years, I doubt he fully understands the apathy Skins fans have shown has been 20+ years in the making.

And let’s be honest the home crowds are a joke. The truth hurts sometimes.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:59 PM   #157
punch it in
Gamebreaker
 
punch it in's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: toms river, nj
Posts: 12,545
Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
In his defense he’s been in DC for 3 years, I doubt he fully understands the apathy Skins fans have shown has been 20+ years in the making.

And let’s be honest the home crowds are a joke. The truth hurts sometimes.


Oh the home crowd is definitely a joke, but i find it hard to believe he doesn’t know we have been a laughing stock for many years. Just a comment he should have kept to himself. Imploring them to come out and insulting them in the same breath seems a tad counterproductive. He and the rest of them are getting paid millions to be there. We are spending paychecks for Christ sake. Eff him. Good thing he doesn’t play in Philly. He would really be crying. Lol.
__________________
I'm living in yesterday's tomorrows.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:21 PM   #158
NorCall11
Camp Scrub
 
NorCall11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 37
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Keim's observations:

Thoughts and observations after the Washington Redskins16-3 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

1. There’s always some consternation after a Redskins win – so I’ve noticed over the years – and that was true again Sunday. In some cases it’s about adjusting expectations. That’s not to say you shouldn’t demand a winner, but know who it is you’re rooting for: This team will not turn into some dynamic offense in the next seven games. It’s not in their DNA. They don’t have a quarterback who is adept at simply attacking defenses. Look at the receivers: Name one who scares a defense. I’ll have more on Tampa’s offense in a minute, but there’s a difference in how Washington’s wideouts get played vs. others. And that’s not to place the blame on them, just to point out what we’re watching. The Redskins do have guys who can make contested catches, but they’re not doing a whole lot after the catch because there’s often not a lot of separation. They don’t win quickly off the line. They do play tough and that helps, both on third downs and in the run game. Watch Michael Floyd block a defensive back; when you have little margin for error sometimes those blocks result in key yards that sustains one drive that lead to a win. Josh Doctson blocks well, too. He’s been consistent catching the ball and did a nice job finding the open spot in the end zone Sunday – and Alex Smith did well to extend the play. Yeah, you’d like to see Doctson on pace for a lot more than what he’s done. They would too. But he has helped lately.

2. That doesn’t mean all is well or that things can’t improve. Getting some injured players – such as running back Chris Thompson and receiver Jamison Crowder -- back will help. That is, if they can stay on the field. Both, but Thompson in particular, can do something others on the field just don’t do much right now: make defenders miss. Still, the Redskins too often need scheme to free receivers – it does happen; trust me it’s on film – but it’s also incumbent on the receiver to win his route. Much like Vernon Davis did on the deep play-action in which he was wide open – and missed.

3. The point: Washington will have to keep winning in a way that isn’t always going to look great. Yes, if the Redskins want to do anything in the playoffs they must build a stronger offense. Get there first. And getting there will require winning games like Sunday. They can’t always count on four turnovers. They will need the run game to remain productive. They will need the defense to play better on third downs and stiffen in the red zone. They need Tress Way to keep punting well. They lack much margin for error in games and that won’t change anytime soon. But they have a two-game lead in the NFC East because their formula has worked.

4. Give credit to the Redskins’ offensive line. Of course it could have been better, but they had three new starters and right tackle Morgan Moses was playing with a brace on his right leg. Honestly, after watching him in pre-game, I wasn’t sure how long he would last. They had to gut it out and they did. The run game suffered in the first half. Adrian Peterson rushed for 18 yards on five carries in the first half – and 16 came on one carry. Three of his first-down runs lost yards; starting in a hole is bad for this offense. (And they’ve been bad throwing the ball on first down, another issue). But in the second half, Peterson rushed 14 times for 50 yards – not great, but effective. Only two carries lost yards in the final two quarters. But give credit to Jonathan Cooper, despite two holding penalties, for keeping it together. The three new linemen stayed late after practice, called linemates to ask questions at night. The make shift line spent an extra 40 minutes the night before the game going over the play script. “These guys worked their butts off,” Moses said.

5. When you have this sort of line grouping, you need others to play well. I need to re-watch the game, but saw tight end Jeremy Sprinkle on one drive in particular stand out with a block in space on Kapri Bibbs’ 15-yard draw. Two plays later on Peterson’s 16-yard run, Sprinkle again had a key block (as did Floyd). Other times you see Doctson making a key block. None of that is fancy, but it squeezes out extra yards that this team needs. But, damn, they have to hit those deep open shots like the one Alex Smith missed to Davis. It’s good that Smith doesn’t turn it over; that matters. But if you hit more of those kind of shots you also can afford a pick or two.

6. It’s funny because the Redskins won a game in which they were banged up and playing on the road and against a team that, while not good, was largely picked to win. And yet no one seems happy or at least satisfied. With some players it’s hard to tell if they won or lost – Jonathan Allen in particular. Certainly some felt good because they should. It’s hard to win and, heck, it’s been 11 years since this team was 6-3. But they know how tight the rope is that they’re trying to walk by playing the way they have.

7. It was occasionally maddening to see how much cushion the Redskins’ corners gave Tampa Bay, especially vs. DeSean Jackson. Except that there was a method to this apparent madness. And it’s simple: The Redskins did not want to give up plays over the top. During the week, some Redskins corners shrugged off Jackson catching a nine-yard hitch route, knowing that might move the chains – but it wouldn’t change the game. Indeed, Jackson’s longest catch was for 24 yards. But five Bucs receivers caught passes that went 20 or more yards – but none went for more than 29. That became part of the reason they won. Linebacker Zach Brown – obviously not covering receivers, but well aware of the plan -- said, “We had to make sure we stayed on top of it and kept the ball in front of us.”

8. The Redskins also were confident that Ryan Fitzpatrick would throw them the ball on occasion. It’s not even that he forces throws, it’s that he makes bad ones – like the one that Norman intercepted at the goal line. As Brown said, the running back was running a corner route. “That’s not the best person to throw a seven-route to,” he said. The Redskins counted on that from Fitzpatrick and he delivered. But on the Greg Stroman pick, it was a route the Bucs had run a few times. Stroman said he “just read the receiver. I saw him stemming out and ready to break in and I just drove on it.” Norman said, “the rookie was kind of having himself a long day. He saw that play and they kept coming to him and finally on the third or fourth one he made they pay. Made them pay in a big way.”

9. As for Norman’s comments, it’s funny how that topic even came up. It was a basic question about winning on the road and that clearly touched on a topic Norman wanted to discuss. New Redskins president of business operations Brian LaFemina was about 10 feet away when Norman dove in on the lack of a home field advantage. Improving the game day experience is LaFemina’s task. So I’m not sure what Norman said was what LaFemina would have preferred. I wouldn’t be surprised to learn later that LaFemina had a conversation with Norman on the plane ride home. LaFemina likes transparency so my guess is that he’d fill him in on what they’re doing and why.

10. While we can list a number of reasons why fans aren’t showing up, for players they just know seats are empty. They’re not always clued in as to why that might be the case – or what the organization strategy is in terms of selling tickets. Any player wants their home stadium to be a feared place to play. Any fan wants the same. Tickets are damn expensive so that leads to business decisions by fans if: the team isn’t winning; the experience isn’t great and the team just might not be beloved by them anymore. We all make decisions that suit our needs. But the bottom line is that FedEx is not a good venue for the Redskins. The players can do their part by continuing to win. I’ve long thought the organization had some work to do to win back some of the fan base; winning helps but there are plenty who want to like the organization again. Too often, based on what I hear from people on social media, is that the organization provides reasons to drive people away.
best post ive seen in a long time. thanks for the good read.
NorCall11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 04:32 AM   #159
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,781
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
Keim's observations:

Thoughts and observations after the Washington Redskins16-3 win over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

[...]

7. It was occasionally maddening to see how much cushion the Redskins’ corners gave Tampa Bay, especially vs. DeSean Jackson. Except that there was a method to this apparent madness. And it’s simple: The Redskins did not want to give up plays over the top. During the week, some Redskins corners shrugged off Jackson catching a nine-yard hitch route, knowing that might move the chains – but it wouldn’t change the game. Indeed, Jackson’s longest catch was for 24 yards. But five Bucs receivers caught passes that went 20 or more yards – but none went for more than 29. That became part of the reason they won. Linebacker Zach Brown – obviously not covering receivers, but well aware of the plan -- said, “We had to make sure we stayed on top of it and kept the ball in front of us.”

8. The Redskins also were confident that Ryan Fitzpatrick would throw them the ball on occasion. It’s not even that he forces throws, it’s that he makes bad ones – like the one that Norman intercepted at the goal line. As Brown said, the running back was running a corner route. “That’s not the best person to throw a seven-route to,” he said. The Redskins counted on that from Fitzpatrick and he delivered. But on the Greg Stroman pick, it was a route the Bucs had run a few times. Stroman said he “just read the receiver. I saw him stemming out and ready to break in and I just drove on it.” Norman said, “the rookie was kind of having himself a long day. He saw that play and they kept coming to him and finally on the third or fourth one he made they pay. Made them pay in a big way.”

[...]
THERE! You have it ! That. Was. The . Plan !

Hats off to Manusky, take your 500 yards, we're not giving you more than 10 points, and we're winning the game!
__________________
Is there another french fan of the Redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:13 AM   #160
Buffalo Bob
Impact Rookie
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 605
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Nobody is talking about the skins.

Last 5 games = 4-1
VS the NFC = 6-2 (3rd best in conference)
Have not allowed over 17 points in 4 of the last 5.
+11 Turnover ratio.

4th in the NFL is Rush Defense.
Tied for 12th in sacks.
I think it was on ESPN about a week ago listing the Division leaders, the teams that have the inside track to the wild card spots and those on the bubble. Of all those teams the only one receiving a negative comment was the Redskins. It said "Division leader because of a weak NFC East."
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:24 AM   #161
MTK
‎\m/
 
MTK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 91,427
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
THERE! You have it ! That. Was. The . Plan !

Hats off to Manusky, take your 500 yards, we're not giving you more than 10 points, and we're winning the game!
Don't get beat deep and give Fitzpatrick enough rope and he'll eventually hang himself.
__________________
Support The Warpath! | Warpath Shop
MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:03 AM   #162
KI Skins Fan
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 4,755
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
Don't get beat deep and give Fitzpatrick enough rope and he'll eventually hang himself.
Exactly. That was Part I of the plan. Part II of the plan was to not turn the ball over ourselves. The Plan was sound and it worked!

This game was actually very well planned by the coaching staff and well executed, for the most part, by the players. It was an Old School Redskins win. George Allen would have been very proud.

The Redskins won a lot of games under George Allen and Allen drove me crazy with his conservative offense during most of them - all the way to the Super Bowl!

Look, the Head Coach needs to be able to assess his team's strengths and weaknesses and find a way to win with the personnel he has to work with. Jay Gruden is doing just that. Get used to the idea that we'll be leaning on our defense and winning ugly.

I posted here that, at this point in his tenure, Jay Gruden should be judged only by wins and losses. To be fair, i need to stick to that criteria in my own mind. So, by my own standard, Jay Gruden is doing a great job so far this season.
KI Skins Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:08 AM   #163
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 24,418
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I think it was on ESPN about a week ago listing the Division leaders, the teams that have the inside track to the wild card spots and those on the bubble. Of all those teams the only one receiving a negative comment was the Redskins. It said "Division leader because of a weak NFC East."
What cracks me up is when other divisions are bad and the winner is 10-6 or 11-5 , they never talk down on that team.. Of course the Redskins get shit on
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:27 AM   #164
FrenchSkin
The Starter
 
FrenchSkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 1,781
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Exactly. That was Part I of the plan. Part II of the plan was to not turn the ball over ourselves. The Plan was sound and it worked!

This game was actually very well planned by the coaching staff and well executed, for the most part, by the players. It was an Old School Redskins win. George Allen would have been very proud.

The Redskins won a lot of games under George Allen and Allen drove me crazy with his conservative offense during most of them - all the way to the Super Bowl!

Look, the Head Coach needs to be able to assess his team's strengths and weaknesses and find a way to win with the personnel he has to work with. Jay Gruden is doing just that. Get used to the idea that we'll be leaning on our defense and winning ugly.

I posted here that, at this point in his tenure, Jay Gruden should be judged only by wins and losses. To be fair, i need to stick to that criteria in my own mind. So, by my own standard, Jay Gruden is doing a great job so far this season.
Couldn't agree more my friend!

Only thing that I, knowledgable-wanna-be-fan, think Jay could/should do more is call more short quick passing game and TE/WR screens. It was working well early in the game against the Giants and we don't see it often enough IMO.
__________________
Is there another french fan of the Redskins?
FrenchSkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:02 AM   #165
httr198020
Camp Scrub
 
httr198020's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 67
Re: Bucs Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
Couldn't agree more my friend!

Only thing that I, knowledgable-wanna-be-fan, think Jay could/should do more is call more short quick passing game and TE/WR screens. It was working well early in the game against the Giants and we don't see it often enough IMO.
Jay Gruden had an explosive offense. He blew that up in favor of his new shitty offense with the new shitty qb that he wanted. Since he's been here this team has had a below average running game. I haven't seen not one thing Jay Gruden has done that warrants giving him any credit. Don't let the 6-3 record fool you. This is not a good football team. Jay Gruden is not a good coach.
httr198020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.19605 seconds with 13 queries