Locker Room Main Forum

Old 12-28-2020, 09:41 PM   #166
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Re: Panthers Postgame sadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriSkin View Post
Well I’m hearing Booger McFarland did on the pregame show tonight. 🤦
Hot takes in the media? Nah. Couldn't be.

Advertisements
Old 12-28-2020, 11:18 PM   #167
Warthog
The Starter

I see several bursts of sunshine from the bad game against the Panthers.

Taylor Heinickle brought some fire to this offense. He had a faster release and much more accurate passes than Haskins. Sure the Panthers were playing soft, but they also know that Taylor was going to pass EVERY PLAY. If he had been brought right after the half he could have won this game. The WR and Thomas were often open - the problem was Haskin’s poor passes or his tendency to stare down the receiver or his slow progression through the receivers. If Alex Smith is not ready for the Eagles, I think Heinickle will make a decent replacement. He has desire and is smart - he may be a good backup at Qb for this season and next.

The Haskin’s media circus is largely over. The team can beat the Eagles if they focus on this game. The Eagles are NOT going to lay down for this game. But with a decent performance by Heinickle, and the return MacLaurin, this team can win the game.

With Haskins gone, the post-season draft will be built around getting a franchise QB. I think the team will trade up to get into a range to get one of the top 3-4 QB.

Finally, the biggest Ray of Sunshine was from a prepared statement one of the TV game announcers made late in the game. That statement basically said that the NFL knew about Snyder’s out-of-court settlement with one of teams female employees. The NFL has been QUIET about Snyder up to now. Now the NFL is talking about the practices that appear to have been part of the redskin’s franchise culture under Snyder. I see it as the narrative the NFL will take to oust Snyder. This toxic environment started at the top, and when employees complained they were paid to be quiet (this case), or intimidated by private investigators, potential lawsuits or non-disclosure clauses in their contracts.

The NFL can’t ignore the findings of this investigation nor the negative press leaks that just keep coming. Furthermore, Snyder has no friends with the local politicians, the press,the fans or owners- except perhaps owners who secretly like to see Snyder continue to make terrible draft choices such as with Haskins. Better to force Snyder to sell. This statement will be the first of many by the NFL as they deal with Snyder after the season is over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flyboy.

"Land of the Free and Home of the Brave"
Warthog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 11:36 PM   #168
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I see several bursts of sunshine from the bad game against the Panthers.

Taylor Heinickle brought some fire to this offense. He had a faster release and much more accurate passes than Haskins. Sure the Panthers were playing soft, but they also know that Taylor was going to pass EVERY PLAY. If he had been brought right after the half he could have won this game. The WR and Thomas were often open - the problem was Haskin’s poor passes or his tendency to stare down the receiver or his slow progression through the receivers. If Alex Smith is not ready for the Eagles, I think Heinickle will make a decent replacement. He has desire and is smart - he may be a good backup at Qb for this season and next.

The Haskin’s media circus is largely over. The team can beat the Eagles if they focus on this game. The Eagles are NOT going to lay down for this game. But with a decent performance by Heinickle, and the return MacLaurin, this team can win the game.

With Haskins gone, the post-season draft will be built around getting a franchise QB. I think the team will trade up to get into a range to get one of the top 3-4 QB.

Finally, the biggest Ray of Sunshine was from a prepared statement one of the TV game announcers made late in the game. That statement basically said that the NFL knew about Snyder’s out-of-court settlement with one of teams female employees. The NFL has been QUIET about Snyder up to now. Now the NFL is talking about the practices that appear to have been part of the redskin’s franchise culture under Snyder. I see it as the narrative the NFL will take to oust Snyder. This toxic environment started at the top, and when employees complained they were paid to be quiet (this case), or intimidated by private investigators, potential lawsuits or non-disclosure clauses in their contracts.

The NFL can’t ignore the findings of this investigation nor the negative press leaks that just keep coming. Furthermore, Snyder has no friends with the local politicians, the press,the fans or owners- except perhaps owners who secretly like to see Snyder continue to make terrible draft choices such as with Haskins. Better to force Snyder to sell. This statement will be the first of many by the NFL as they deal with Snyder after the season is over.

I don't see how it's a problem for him unless there are other settlements the NFL is/was not aware of.
Chief X_Phackter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 11:57 PM   #169
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post
I don't see how it's a problem for him unless there are other settlements the NFL is/was not aware of.
Just wait until the Dan Snyder pee tape comes out, he will be gone then!

I have it on good sources he rented a hotel room that Jerry Jones once stayed in and pissed on the bed just to humiliate Jones.
Old 12-29-2020, 12:48 AM   #170
Warthog
The Starter

Panthers Postgame sadness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief X_Phackter View Post

There are over 40 women that have given testimony against Snyder and/ or the franchise. Snyder had a long list of dirty tricks to keep Women quiet BEFORE the investigation :

1.Have the one Human Resources person say to the complaining person: “that’s the way this team is- you’d be better off quitting”.
2. Sending private investigators to family and friends of the complainer in a blatant attempt to intimidate them into silence
3. Sue them with a billionaire’s Army of Lawyers to wear the complainer down
4. Have Non-disclosure agreements built into employee’s contracts
5. If all else fails, buy them off for an undisclosed amount, then have them sign a non-disclosure agreement.

The franchise was doing Tactics 2-4 just THIS YEAR until the NFL told Snyder to stop it and then the NFL took over the investigation. All the women who were afraid to talk BEFORE, now could give their stories. Twenty years of misdeeds now brought into the open. That’s the tales we HAVEN’T heard about. But the NFL has.

If the NFL tries to sweep it under the rug, all these stories will go to the press. NFL will suffer huge embarrassment and get attacked by a powerful audience they want to watch NFL games: women.

Why would the NFL try to protect Snyder - he’s disliked by the other owners and also considered a football idiot. His biggest supporter is Jerry Jones because JJ knows that as long as Snyder is the owner, the franchise will be handicapped by his foolishness.

The WFT has only improved because Snyder had to bring in a straight-shooter, Rivera, who ended Snyder’s quiet but significant meddling in personnel and team decisions. Rivera saw how Gibbs and Shanahan were tarnished by poor performance because Snyder was making all the GM decisions.

The NFL MIGHT make Snyder sell the team but the silver lining is that Snyder makes a couple billion$. They might also probably force Snyder to pay into a fund for the employee’s who were mistreated. Snyder gets money, but losses the team. The people who filed all the stories will be paid off. Everyone will sign an agreement to keep this low key. The fans, press, politicians will all be happy to see Snyder go, to get a new stadium, new name and a new owner.

That’s what I think will happen.!! Of course, perhaps the billionaires boys club will protect Snyder and claim that statements were exaggerated in a search for cash. However this whole situation makes me think that this tale sounds A LOT LIKE Watergate- a story too big to conceal. By forcing Snyder to sell, everyone wins!

Flyboy.

Last edited by Warthog; 12-29-2020 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-30-2020, 03:10 PM   #171
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

JFC...when did Steven Sims Jr forget how to play football?

Cut this guy already

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 03:44 PM   #172
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Cut this guy already
Agree. Zero confidence in Sims Jr, AGG, or Sprinkle.

After listening to Cooley's breakdown, they wouldn't miss any of them and may sign a dude of the street better.
Old 12-30-2020, 03:48 PM   #173
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post

After listening to Cooley's breakdown, they wouldn't miss any of them and may sign a dude of the street better.
AGG hasn’t even had a chance due to injury or training camp, he’s behind in his development. I’m disappointed in Sims who’s also been injured, but I won’t give up just yet.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 04:00 PM   #174
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:

Sprinkle is so useless...we gotta move on from him.

AGG is completely lost on the field. He has no clue what’s going on.

I see they signed Inman back today cause Sunday was such a cluster fuck

He Gets Us
Old 12-30-2020, 04:02 PM   #175
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
AGG hasn’t even had a chance due to injury or training camp, he’s behind in his development. I’m disappointed in Sims who’s also been injured, but I won’t give up just yet.
AGG was terrible. Listen to the film breakdown. It's around the 1:55:00 mark.

He had an F performance. It wasn't just the poor routes, it was the lack of effort coming back and fighting for balls. Cooley said he looked lost.

They could have brought in a street free agent to have a better game. Foster is already a better receiver, and he's been here 5 min.
Old 12-30-2020, 04:10 PM   #176
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
AGG was terrible. Listen to the film breakdown. It's around the 1:55:00 mark.

He had an F performance. It wasn't just the poor routes, it was the lack of effort coming back and fighting for balls. Cooley said he looked lost.

They could have brought in a street free agent to have a better game. Foster is already a better receiver, and he's been here 5 min.
Foster also has NFL experience, AGG is a rookie who has pretty much missed the whole season.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 04:43 PM   #177
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

AGG gonna be a project, just gotta be patient at this point

He Gets Us
Old 12-30-2020, 06:37 PM   #178
MTK
\m/

Sims Jr and AGG aren’t even putting in good effort, that will get you cut quick

Old 01-02-2021, 06:30 PM   #179
Warthog
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post

Cut this guy already

He’s never been that good IMO. He brings little excitement at a ST returner, except to the WFT fans who wonder if he will fumble AGAIN. He has dropped a lot of good passes. Steve Sims has been passed up by his namesake Cam SIMS as a WR. Although Cam had one significant drop last game, he has been a decent WR this year. With a stable QB situation next year Cam could be a regular contributor on the team (as the Slot WR?).

However, the WFT will add a very good WR STAR next year in FA, to offset McLaurin. WR are tough to draft out of the first round. Easier to get an excellent WR who wants to join a young team on the rise.

Although Rivera said something modestly nice about Steve Sims JR this week, he’s just trying to get him not to FU, because the WFT has few WR alternatives this season.

SS will UNDOUBTEDLY be outplayed and dropped next TC when fresh, new and greatly improved FA WR and draft picks come on the property. He had his chance and didn’t get there. Cam Sims and Harmon may be good enough next year to make the cut but the WR group may easily be the most improved section of the team next season. Steve Sims won’t make it.

Flyboy.