Locker Room Main Forum

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 12:28 PM   #16
GridIron26
Playmaker

Re: Redskins 2018 Off Season Re/Signings

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
Crowell has played 4 seasons with over 700 carries, idk if he's worth big $ to bring in, and I just don't see him being a difference maker we need. Like I said he's a little better than Kelley and Perine but not that much
I believe Crowell is better than lot people believe, he was in difficult position in Browns. I think Crowell will be good change of pace with Chris Thompson, and Perine as back up RB.

Advertisements
Old 02-16-2018, 12:36 PM   #17
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Crowell has played 4 seasons with over 700 carries, idk if he's worth big $ to bring in, and I just don't see him being a difference maker we need. Like I said he's a little better than Kelley and Perine but not that much

That’s 175 per year, not a very taxing workload. Bell probably did that in 2 years. He’s definitely way better than what we’ve got.
Old 02-16-2018, 01:35 PM   #18
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
That’s 175 per year, not a very taxing workload. Bell probably did that in 2 years. He’s definitely way better than what we’ve got.
I think he is slightly but i wouldn't count out Perine just yet, he is still young and hungry.
Old 02-16-2018, 05:30 PM   #19
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

I'm pretty active on twitter and with the Redskin community. ONE thing I have to say is Galette really wants to be a Redskin. I'm really confused why we haven't signed him yet. This guys hungry. He didn't get the snaps he should have gotten and I'm sure the tape guys here know it already.
Old 02-16-2018, 06:16 PM   #20
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skins4L View Post
I'm pretty active on twitter and with the Redskin community. ONe thing I have to say is Galette really wants to be a Redskin. I'm really confused why we haven't signed him yet. This guys hungry. He didn't get the snaps he should have gotten and I'm sure the tape guys here know it already.
I think it is all about value: Galette wants big money and Redskins want him for cheap so they are probably letting Galette test market to see how much interested teams offer him and then possibly make similar offer?
Old 02-16-2018, 06:57 PM   #21
Dan73
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
I think it is all about value: Galette wants big money and Redskins want him for cheap so they are probably letting Galette test market to see how much interested teams offer him and then possibly make similar offer?
Probably wants starter money and they plan to use him situationally. And they probably want to develop Ryan Anderson more.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Old 02-16-2018, 10:18 PM   #22
Irrefutable
The Starter

Vontae Davis anyone ?

a short-term contract, if the price is right

Vontae Davis, CB for the Indianapolis Colts at NFL.com
Old 02-17-2018, 12:36 AM   #23
Ivar the Boneless
Camp Scrub

Quote:
I feel more confident now than I have over the last 2 years. Alex is a consistent good QB and winner, his record shows that. No more BS DRAMA about QB either, thank god.
Drama is Snyder's middle name. Unless there is some kind of major upgrade at WR this offseason, don't be surprised if there is another QB drama lurking just around the corner. Snyder loves drama!!!!! I am crossing my fingers that he can break the drama habit, but I am not counting on it.
Old 02-17-2018, 06:35 AM   #24
Skins4L
Impact Rookie

If Smith wins the bowl or gets us close cool but otherwise I thought it was a gross move.
Now we have to dip back into WR FA, Kirk was damn near developing WRs for us last year with that young unknown group.

I just know Landry isn't a fit. Let's attack defense again and draft a rookie.
Old 02-17-2018, 07:05 AM   #25
dmek25
MVP

Quote:
I'm pretty active on twitter and with the Redskin community. ONE thing I have to say is Galette really wants to be a Redskin. I'm really confused why we haven't signed him yet. This guys hungry. He didn't get the snaps he should have gotten and I'm sure the tape guys here know it already.
we have waited, and waited, for this guy to show us something. i say no thanks
Old 02-17-2018, 08:04 AM   #26
MTK
\m/

Redskins 2018 Off Season Re/Signings

Galette was actually very effective with his limited snaps last year in terms of his pressure rate

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.91ae6d09fb40
Old 02-17-2018, 09:35 AM   #27
GridIron26
Playmaker

Quote:
Galette was actually very effective with his limited snaps last year in terms of his pressure rate

It was really surprising to see Galette and Preston ranked in top 5 for QB pressures. One looking at that list consisting Preston, Galette and Kerrigan would assume Redskins ranked in top 3 for most sacks in 2017. I certainly hope we will at least make efforts to bring him back but at reasonable price although, I wouldn't mind if Redskins give him a contract that is loaded with incentives that could lead to big money for Galette if he made lot of sacks and/or QB pressures. We will find out what other teams think of him soon enough. Also, I wonder if Scot would encourage Browns to sign him?
Old 02-17-2018, 09:55 AM   #28
MTK
\m/

I could see him with the Rams. I think he wants to be back here but I don’t think we want to pay him anything outrageous
Old 02-17-2018, 10:30 AM   #29
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:

Cooley likes Galette a lot.

He says amongst available FA edge rushers, a part from Demarcus Lawrence, there's no one he'd take over resigning our guys (Murphy and Galette + Kerrigan, Smith and Anderson already under contract).

http://cdn.stationcaster.com/station...1518794809.mp3

This segment about Defensive FA confirmed how I already felt about what needs to be done this OS: bring back our guys, find a true #1 WR in FA, improve at RB (to me Crowell, Deion Lewis, or draft), and then draft defense, guard, and defense defense defense!
Old 02-17-2018, 12:37 PM   #30
Dan73
Special Teams

Quote:
If Smith wins the bowl or gets us close cool but otherwise I thought it was a gross move.
Now we have to dip back into WR FA, Kirk was damn near developing WRs for us last year with that young unknown group.

I just know Landry isn't a fit. Let's attack defense again and draft a rookie.
No actually it seems he was hurting the WRs.

The biggest thing working with a new receiver group is having a trust in the receivers making plays despite being covered,” Gruden said. “A lot of times he needs to see guys being open instead of throwing guys open from time to time. That’s the next step. Then when you do that, they have to make plays for you. You’ll never know until those balls are thrown.”

At times Doctson was open for more chances. Other times he dropped passes that could have resulted in big plays. The Redskins also want to add a speedy receiver opposite Doctson to create more openings for big plays – much like Jackson did in clearing out areas if nothing else.

Gruden hopes, if Cousins does return, that he can build upon his experience with Doctson. They don’t want Cousins to see “ghosts” – a defensive back who might be somewhat near the area but not close enough to make a play on the ball.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nfceast/pos...-his-receivers

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk
Closed Thread