Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 03-08-2018, 11:07 AM   #31
WillH
The Starter

Re: Thank You Kirk Cousins Thread

I've gone through the stages of grief on this one. The way things have shaken out, I'm glad we're moving on and have a plan that potentially can keep the momentum of the team moving upward without a reboot. I'm bitter towards Cousins. I think he's been a professional, but the fan in me is pissed that he didn't want to be our Franchise QB. I will root against him.

Why I'm so bitter isn't all his fault, yes the organization's decisions with him played a role, but he seems to have been a bit too sensitive if you ask me. I don't think I'd handle it any better than he did, but I'm not being paid ridiculous sums of money. All that said, I'm grieving what I thought was a Redskins resurrection.

As a fan I suffered through mediocrity, qnd when Gibbs cane back I thought, here we go, they're building something, not reaching, but building. Then it feel apart so quickly and tragically. After Sean Taylor was killed and Gibbs reretired, I tuned out for a few years, the team wasn't good and didn't seem like they were building on what was a rising team under Gibbs. I had a little hope when Shanahan came in, but it was when Griffin was drafted that I was synched back in. Finally, a Franchise QB. As that whole debacle played out I was sure that three wheels would fall off and I'd be taking another coupe years off from intent fandom. Then something wonderful and unexpected happened. Kirk Cousins. It was like a gift from the football gods. We still had a chance to keep building the team. I really liked that Scot and Jay pushed for him and I thought for sure this was an incredibly promising situation. They would grow together, win together, and maybe become something special. The, "you like that," game sealed it for me, Cousins was my favorite Redskins QB of all time, I believed in him, rooted for him, wanted him to be a Redskin for life.

Again, I know the FO played a role in losing him, and we really don't know the entire dynamic of why he wanted to leave, but looking back I feel betrayed by him that he didn't try to work it out and was content in getting what he could out of the organization through the Tag with no intention on building something here other than his value. All last season, and even immediately after his charity ever, I was in denial thinking they would work it out. That he wanted to be here but was playing coy trying to get the best contract he could, but that he wanted to be here.

Believe me, if it comes out that there was a lot of weird underhanded shit going on behind the scenes, which wouldn't surprise me about this organization, I will be just as disenchanted with the Redskins as I have been in the past. Even now I'm upset and want to know why they couldn't work things out with him. But from where I'm standing right now, it appears that Kirk Cousins was not invested in anything but his own career. Do I blame him as a man? No. But I am disgusted with him as a fan because he chose not to fight for me and the rest of the fans here. I also think he will always have marginal success if he doesn't learn to invest in those around him. I really do hope he learns that lesson the hard way.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Advertisements
Old 03-08-2018, 10:21 PM   #32
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I prefer the term slapdick.

When talking about BA dickfuck and slapdick are both acceptable, but cockwad is, imo, best.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 12:15 AM   #33
Ivar the Boneless
Camp Scrub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
I liked Cousins but can identify with CRed's view. I like guys who are committed.

I also think Gruden's scheme, with McVay being here, and the quality of the surrounding cast makes Cousins look better than he really is. I think deep down Cousins knows it. He will look to land in a situation with as good a surrounding cast as possible, which is why Minnesota is probably the leader in the clubhouse. Getting to play with Diggs, Theilen and Rudolph plus a good defense is exactly what Cousins wants.
Kirk is a good QB, but only good as his supporting cast is. That is true of any qb, but the special ones can make their teammates seem better than they are. Still Kirk is a good guy and I wish him well wherever he goes. The FO was too gun shy with him a few years ago and it cost them Kirk, but in their defense I can't really blame them either. They didn't have to treat him so shabbily though. If the MN rumors are true, he should excel. Very good WR corp, so he should shine like when he had Djax and Garcon!
Ivar the Boneless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:20 AM   #34
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillH View Post
I think he's been a professional, but the fan in me is pissed that he didn't want to be our Franchise QB. I will root against him.

Why I'm so bitter isn't all his fault, yes the organization's decisions with him played a role, but he seems to have been a bit too sensitive if you ask me.
Alex Smith in San Francisco started as a rookie on a team with few NFL caliber players, had head coach Nolan publicly calling him a wimp in year 3 while playing needing throwing shoulder surgery, then lost his job to Colin Kaepernick getting a concussion while having a career year. Through it all he said nothing negative to the media, soldiered on and was a great teammate. I think if Cousins had Smith's personality things would have been different.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:22 AM   #35
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
When talking about BA dickfuck and slapdick are both acceptable, but cockwad is, imo, best.

I wish we could call him "unemployed."
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 08:31 AM   #36
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
You guys can have dickbutt, dickfuck, slapdick, and cockwad, but I'll stick to cockmaster.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 09:30 AM   #37
WillH
The Starter

Bag of dicks. Pants down . . . I mean hands down.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2018, 04:05 PM   #38
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Best of wishes to Kirk Cousins.

He, and we the fans, deserved better from our crappy front office.
HailGreen28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:08 PM   #39
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
Best of wishes to Kirk Cousins.

He, and we the fans, deserved better from our crappy front office.
Because 40 million dollars in two years is crap.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:09 PM   #40
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
The Skins could have had him for cheaper, but Allen wanted to play hardball.

So yeah, overpaying him two years, then letting him walk for nothing really is crap.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:12 PM   #41
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HailGreen28 View Post
The Skins could have had him for cheaper, but Allen wanted to play hardball.
But that doesn't mean Cousins got crap from the team. He got 40 million dollars from the team.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 04:19 PM   #42
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
But that doesn't mean Cousins got crap from the team. He got 40 million dollars from the team.
yeah seems like people forget that
Old 03-09-2018, 04:53 PM   #43
Schneed10
A Dude

This situation is a good reminder for me that I grow attached to the players only because they wear the laundry. When the trade for Smith went through I had a few days of wistfulness, I could feel the book closing on Cousins and I felt it a little because I had grown attached to him.

But that feeling has now faded after living with the realization that he's no longer our QB. I don't feel the attachment to him anymore, and I feel it growing towards Smith.

I adjust quickly to these changes, I think because I'm a forward-looking person. I find myself preoccupied with thoughts of what Smith will look like as our QB, and they drown out what few melancholy thoughts I have of Cousins leaving.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:46 PM   #44
HailGreen28
Playmaker

Quote:
Allen tried blaming Cousins for the impasse. Wouldn't give him a long term deal. Wouldn't give him job security. Cousins had to gamble with his career that he could keep his value up. He did it, and the gamble paid off handsomely. But it certainly wasn't through any goodwill on Allen's part.

Kinda sad to think of it this way, our FO basically bet against our own QB for 2 years, in contract negotiations. Not exactly the mindset of a FO that wants to win on the field.
Old 03-09-2018, 07:53 PM   #45
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
To you and me ,no, but in the terms of NFL QB's there is more to it than that.