Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop




Go Back   Warpath > Redskins Forums > Redskins Locker Room


Around the NFL Week 1.

Redskins Locker Room


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2018, 02:30 PM   #1
skinsfaninok
Living Legend
 
skinsfaninok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Rochester, Ny
Posts: 23,301
Around the NFL Week 1.

It is here folks, the best week of the summer.

TNF will be interesting with Fox this yr,

Good slate of games all weekend, surprise win of the week for me?

Browns over Steelers
__________________
THUNDER UP

"if you're good at something, never do it for free"- The Joker

skinsfaninok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 03:26 PM   #2
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 3,163
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

F Aikman, F Romo, F Whitten.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 05:53 PM   #3
Pervis_Griffith
Camp Scrub
 
Pervis_Griffith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
F Aikman, F Romo, F Whitten.

And ... F Moose Johnston
Pervis_Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 06:02 PM   #4
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,958
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pervis_Griffith View Post
And ... F Moose Johnston
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:22 AM   #5
Buffalo Bob
Special Teams
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 417
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
F Aikman, F Romo, F Whitten.
My favorite ex Cowboy to hate is Michael Irvin. He is annoying to listen to and look at and a piece of crap as a human being. There are too many stories about crap he did even to his own teammates for some of them not to be true.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 06:53 PM   #6
calia
The Starter
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Posts: 1,799
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
My favorite ex Cowboy to hate is Michael Irvin. He is annoying to listen to and look at and a piece of crap as a human being. There are too many stories about crap he did even to his own teammates for some of them not to be true.
It's so hard to choose though, isn't it? Such a long and crappy list....
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:11 PM   #7
KI Skins Fan
Playmaker
 
KI Skins Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: MD Eastern Shore
Posts: 4,675
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calia View Post
It's so hard to choose though, isn't it? Such a long and crappy list....
Take your pick:

Sam Hurd, Drug Conspiracy – The former Cowboy from San Antonio was in 2013 sentenced to 15 years in prison after being busted for attempting to set up a vast drug operation that spanned three states. Though the jury believed Hurd when he said he had never used or sold cocaine, they found him guilty for making grand plans to distribute through a carefully crafted network.

Thomas Henderson, Drug Possession/Assault – In 1983 the linebacker formerly known as “Hollywood” was arrested for smoking crack with two under-aged girls, asking them for sex and threatening them with a gun. One of the girls was described in the police report as a “paraplegic minor.” He spent two months in rehab, and then two years in prison.

Larry Bethea, Theft – There are more heinous crimes in Cowboys’ history (like Harvey Martin and his multiple domestic abuse arrests), more ridiculous mistakes (Nate Newton getting arrested twice for transporting a truck full of marijuana) and certainly more infamous transgressions, but nothing compares to the audacity of stealing from your own mother. Which is exactly what the defensive lineman was convicted of in 1987. Shortly after the legal system found him guilty of stealing his mom’s $64,000 life savings, Bethea committed suicide.

Dwayne Goodrich, Vehicular Manslaughter – The former second-round draft pick was behind the wheel of one of the most famous and tragic hit-and-run accidents in DFW history, speeding through a fiery wreck on I-35 in 2003 and killing two good Samaritans trying to pull a man from a burning car. He spent nine years in prison in West Texas before being released in 2011.

Rafael Septien, Indecency With A Child – In 1987 the kicker was arrested on charges of aggravated child molestation, pled down to indecency and was punished only by a $2,000 fine and probation. He was released by the Cowboys and never kicked in the NFL again.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:16 PM   #8
calia
The Starter
 
calia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Woodside, CA
Posts: 1,799
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Wow -- the speed with which you compiled this parade of horribles was impressive. Even apart from criminal conduct (of which there is a lot to choose from), there's also just a lot of douchebaggery.
__________________
"Coach, what do you think of your team's execution?"
"I'm all for it." -- Coach McKay
calia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 09:49 PM   #9
sandtrapjack
The Starter
 
sandtrapjack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,713
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Take your pick:

Sam Hurd, Drug Conspiracy – The former Cowboy from San Antonio was in 2013 sentenced to 15 years in prison after being busted for attempting to set up a vast drug operation that spanned three states. Though the jury believed Hurd when he said he had never used or sold cocaine, they found him guilty for making grand plans to distribute through a carefully crafted network.

Thomas Henderson, Drug Possession/Assault – In 1983 the linebacker formerly known as “Hollywood” was arrested for smoking crack with two under-aged girls, asking them for sex and threatening them with a gun. One of the girls was described in the police report as a “paraplegic minor.” He spent two months in rehab, and then two years in prison.

Larry Bethea, Theft – There are more heinous crimes in Cowboys’ history (like Harvey Martin and his multiple domestic abuse arrests), more ridiculous mistakes (Nate Newton getting arrested twice for transporting a truck full of marijuana) and certainly more infamous transgressions, but nothing compares to the audacity of stealing from your own mother. Which is exactly what the defensive lineman was convicted of in 1987. Shortly after the legal system found him guilty of stealing his mom’s $64,000 life savings, Bethea committed suicide.

Dwayne Goodrich, Vehicular Manslaughter – The former second-round draft pick was behind the wheel of one of the most famous and tragic hit-and-run accidents in DFW history, speeding through a fiery wreck on I-35 in 2003 and killing two good Samaritans trying to pull a man from a burning car. He spent nine years in prison in West Texas before being released in 2011.

Rafael Septien, Indecency With A Child – In 1987 the kicker was arrested on charges of aggravated child molestation, pled down to indecency and was punished only by a $2,000 fine and probation. He was released by the Cowboys and never kicked in the NFL again.
As long as you are talking the Cowboys from the '80s, let's not forget that the Redskins from 2001-2011 had more players arrested than any other team in their division. Real pack of saints those Redskins....

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-decade#slide7
sandtrapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:06 PM   #10
jamf
Playmaker
 
jamf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: San Diego Ca
Posts: 3,163
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

NFL.com Week 1 Power Rankings


Redskins at 26!
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:20 PM   #11
Meks
Playmaker
 
Meks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 3,185
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
i laughed out loud at work this morning after seeing this. Hatters gone hat
ALWAYS.
__________________
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR

We're on to Alex Smith.
Meks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:23 PM   #12
Chico23231
Living Legend
 
Chico23231's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 20,958
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamf View Post
How in the fuck are teams moving up and down already...and we haven't played a game yet? This shit is beyond absurd.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 04:31 PM   #13
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 16,476
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
How in the fuck are teams moving up and down already...and we haven't played a game yet? This shit is beyond absurd.
They just wanted us below Arizona for week 1, so if we lose opening day as is our tendency , they can claim one thing right.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:18 AM   #14
Buffalo Bob
Special Teams
 
Buffalo Bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Beaverdam Virginia
Posts: 417
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRedskinsRule View Post
They just wanted us below Arizona for week 1, so if we lose opening day as is our tendency , they can claim one thing right.
I just hope with two new QBs and a rookie head coach the Cards are more out of sorts and unprepared as the Redskins under Gruden are in game 1's.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:27 AM   #15
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend
 
CRedskinsRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Pasadena, Md
Posts: 16,476
Re: Around the NFL Week 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Bob View Post
I just hope with two new QBs and a rookie head coach the Cards are more out of sorts and unprepared as the Redskins under Gruden are in game 1's.
Thats highly unlikely based on the skins past history.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
This site has no official affiliation with the Washington Redskins or the NFL, we're just a bunch of fans talking football
Page generated in 0.19013 seconds with 10 queries