Gundy is on fire

Advertisements
Old 11-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #32
donofriose
The Starter

Re: College Football 2013 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Several teams I suspected of being phonies, gimmicky, college teams got beat: Oregon, Texas A&M... but Baylor looked the worst. Briles was completely outcoached by Gundy. Not even close.
I would agree with Oregon and Baylor. Those QBs def only have one read. I don't think Briles offense would translate well to the NFL.
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #33
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Im usually not off on Saturdays so dont watch much college football.Was off this sat and wanted to see Johnny football in action.I've watched him twice this yr,both losses for him,I'm def not his good luck charm.
He did not play well,any chances he had for the Heisman disappeared after this game.
I did not know how bad A&M"s defense was till this game.RG3 thinks he has a bad defense,its amazing A&M is ranked and Johnny football has played that well with that defense.
Entering Week 13, Texas A&M’s defense ranks as one of the worst in the nation. The unit ranks No. 88 in scoring (30.9 PPG), No. 107 in total defense (454.4 YPG), No. 91 against the pass (243.7 YPG) and No. 106 against the run (210.7 YPG).
Old 12-01-2013, 12:13 AM   #34
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

I love it when Nick Sabin loses.

Amazing finish to this game.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:45 AM   #35
donofriose
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
I love it when Nick Sabin loses.

Amazing finish to this game.
That game was on the same level has some of the great BCS era games of the past 15 years, including USC Texas National Championship and Boise Oklahoma Fiesta Bowl.
Old 12-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #36
SirLK26
The Starter

So what do you think? Should a one-loss SEC team be chosen for the national championship game over an undefeated team from a weaker conference? I'm undecided.

No matter who wins the national championship, though, I still think Alabama is the best college team. My ideal match-up would be Alabama-Florida State; that would be a heck of a game.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #37
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

College Football 2013 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
So what do you think? Should a one-loss SEC team be chosen for the national championship game over an undefeated team from a weaker conference? I'm undecided.

No matter who wins the national championship, though, I still think Alabama is the best college team. My ideal match-up would be Alabama-Florida State; that would be a heck of a game.
No they shouldnt. Not if we are talking about Ohio State or Florida State. Although I do think that OSU would have four losses in the SEC. Still though they have not lost in two years and deserve a shot. If Saban had attempted a 27 yarder early in the fourth instead of an unmakable one late they wouldnt have one loss. If Michigan hadnt gone for two - at home! - than OSU would be out of the discussion maybe too. Florida State would beat any team from the SEC - as a Miami alumn it pains me to say it, but FSU is head and shoulders above anybody.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #38
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Damn Mizzou snap the effin ball. Ugghh.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:47 PM   #39
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Auburn vs FSU. Sweet.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:26 AM   #40
donofriose
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
Auburn vs FSU. Sweet.
5 straight years with a team from Alabama in the National Championship. FSU has been crazy dominant but I don't know how any team can stop that running attack from Auburn. This looks like it will be a more even match up than last years blowout.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:41 AM   #41
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
5 straight years with a team from Alabama in the National Championship. FSU has been crazy dominant but I don't know how any team can stop that running attack from Auburn. This looks like it will be a more even match up than last years blowout.
Oh hell yeah. Even though i have thought at times this year that fsu is more dominant than alot of recent champs including bama. As of late it dawns on me that fsu hasnt played anybody. But they beat everyone they played and beat em bad. I guess if i had to wager my money would be on the noles. You are rite wont be anything like last year. Notre dame was way out of their league. Ohio state should have been playin bama anyway if they werent punished.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #42
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Kinda wish the playoffs started this year because Michigan St belongs in some sort of discussion for national championship. outstanding play against OSU.

If we had a playoff, obviously FSU and Auburn but for the next 2 I would pick Michigan State and Stanford. Baylor would be left out. Alabama and Oklahoma state wouldnt even be in the discussion.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #43
donofriose
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Kinda wish the playoffs started this year because Michigan St belongs in some sort of discussion for national championship. outstanding play against OSU.

If we had a playoff, obviously FSU and Auburn but for the next 2 I would pick Michigan State and Stanford. Baylor would be left out. Alabama and Oklahoma state wouldnt even be in the discussion.
I agree with Michigan state. I can't agree with Stanford, they lost to Utah who went 5-7. Plus they lost to USC but that lost is understandable.

It should come down to Baylor and Alabama.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #44
SirLK26
The Starter

Interesting that a freshman is about to win the Heisman for the second straight year. If Winston actually doesn't win it, Andre Williams should be the recipient. That guy is amazing.

SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #45
donofriose
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLK26 View Post
Interesting that a freshman is about to win the Heisman for the second straight year. If Winston actually doesn't win it, Andre Williams should be the recipient. That guy is amazing.

Whenever freshmen or sophomores win it for the first time, it seems to always be in pairs now.

Yea Williams is a beast. FSU couldn't even stop him.