Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

"Team" time to submit your resumes

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-13-2006, 06:19 AM   #1
PhxRedSkin
Special Teams

"Team" time to submit your resumes

3-6....well a complete overhaul is in order. 9 games into it a huge hell ya! must be given to Golsten. I was elk hunting this weekend therefore I can not comment on the Eggs game. However, now that we have nothing to gain/lose let's make some changes:
1. Campbell starts
2. Saunders calls plays from the sideline, not the booth
3. Start Troy Vincent and play him all game....Arch sucks
4. Let Gregg Williams be able to tear a player a "new one" if he....
5. Last and possibly foremost. I want to hear coach start holding players, coaches, and maybe even staff ACCOUNTABLE. I want to hear Gibbs blame somebody instead of himself. I mean for once say "Carlos blew the coverage, he got beat and it cost us 6." We should use the next 7 games to right the ship and figure out what we do draft/fa wise. We look several times better on paper than we do on the field.

So the season is over. WTF? We may not be going to the playoffs but there are still 7 games to be played. Pride is still an object to be earned. If you get down on our team for not having as good of a season as you expected and you think crying like a baby without a nipple is going to get you attention, then "you've got another thing coming." The sport of football is exciting, thrilling and (your adjective) because sometimes you feel like you are back in pop warner/high school.... and you relate. If you are a new fan of the Redskins then welcome to a tradition, attitude, FAMILY, and new outlook toward the future. If you are a "fan" weeping and cursing our team, well then find a new one. The cowboys are always looking for suckers. Once a Redskin, always a Redskin. Just ask Darrell Green.

Hail!
PhxRedSkin is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-13-2006, 08:02 AM   #2
AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace
Impact Rookie

Re: "Team" time to submit your resumes

please please please spend the rest of the season evaluating talent here and across the league and re-signing players. We can't afford to start over like every year. Draft priorities: CB, DE, OL...keep everyone else and we'll be alright next year
AlvinWalton'sNeckBrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:04 AM   #3
dmek25
MVP

your resume needs work
1. i agree, lets get campbell ready
2. what the hell does it matter where saunders calls the play from?
3. vincent played almost the entire game against the eagles. didnt do a damn thing to prevent the big play. so maybe its not entirely A.A's fault
4. what makes you think greg williams isnt allowed to yell at the players?
5.who the hell wants their teams coach ripping players in the media? all this will do is divide the team. thats just we what need, another problem to correct.
lets get back to basics, running the football, with power running, not those damn sweeps that run 100 yards sideways, to gain a yard ot two. and using max protection when we pass, so our qback isnt running for his life on every pass play. thats just a start
Old 11-13-2006, 09:09 AM   #4
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
your resume needs work
1. i agree, lets get campbell ready
2. what the hell does it matter where saunders calls the play from?
3. vincent played almost the entire game against the eagles. didnt do a damn thing to prevent the big play. so maybe its not entirely A.A's fault
4. what makes you think greg williams isnt allowed to yell at the players?
5.who the hell wants their teams coach ripping players in the media? all this will do is divide the team. thats just we what need, another problem to correct.
lets get back to basics, running the football, with power running, not those damn sweeps that run 100 yards sideways, to gain a yard ot two. and using max protection when we pass, so our qback isnt running for his life on every pass play. thats just a start
LOL I agree, I don't understand why people always want their coaches to rip players, what exactly is that going to accomplish? I'd love to hear some sort of hard evidence that shows that tearing apart your players in public directly results in them playing better.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:18 AM   #5
61cad
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
LOL I agree, I don't understand why people always want their coaches to rip players, what exactly is that going to accomplish? I'd love to hear some sort of hard evidence that shows that tearing apart your players in public directly results in them playing better.
This team had another coach that never got upset.

Does Norv Turner ring any bells?

Norv's Skins teams also lead the league in penalities the years he coached.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:24 AM   #6
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Yeah, trust me, he's tearing them apart behind closed doors. Not much good it's doing, though.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:21 AM   #7
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmek25 View Post
Quoted for truth.

In the last 3 years, the Skins have been successful when they run the ball more than they pass. We need to get back to this, and I have a feeling, with Portis down, we'll see more of a power running game with Betts and Duckett splitting carries.

The pass protection has been horrible, so knowing that Brunell doesn't move to swiftly, we need to keep 7 and 8 back, and let our speedsters blow the doors off opposing secondaries.

And I'm sick and tired of seeing the end around to Randle El. Throw that play out of the playbook. I'd rather see a 2 yard gain up the gut than that crap.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 11:28 AM   #8
SouperMeister
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDBohnzie View Post
Quoted for truth.

And I'm sick and tired of seeing the end around to Randle El. Throw that play out of the playbook. I'd rather see a 2 yard gain up the gut than that crap.
Any way that we get the ball in Randle El's hands is fine by me. If Brunell can't do it with his arm then I'm fine if he hands the ball to him. Randle El's threat as a runner makes him even tougher to defend when he passes. Had he not had pressure, the throw to Cooley would have been delivered earlier and would have been a certain TD. Bottom line - Randle El is a playmaker, so get the ball to him any way you can.
SouperMeister is offline   Reply With Quote