Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Off-Topic Discussion > Other Sports

JGR: Stewart Wrecks #11 Denny Hamlin

Other Sports

Old 07-08-2007, 08:45 PM   #46
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Re: JGR: Stewart Wrecks #11 Denny Hamlin

You're probably thinking of his step-dad, John Bickford. Not his biological dad but basically raised him from what I know.

Honestly, Gordon and Junior are two guys I don't really know, so I won't make unsubstantiated comments about either of them. I've heard mixed reviews of both.

So far the most genuine and universally liked guy I've encountered has been Jeff Burton

Advertisements
Old 07-09-2007, 01:55 AM   #47
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulskinsfan View Post
That's awesome man, dream job, good for you. Ive been around, I try not to post anything too controversial, trying to lay low and bite my tongue which is difficult when ur 35, but I just don't have the energy anymore.
Yeah it's cool. Feels like there's a target on my back a lot. But, it comes with the territory.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:18 PM   #48
Riggo44
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy Baugh Fan View Post
lol
Stewart is NO mentor to Hamlin. Never has and is not to this day. They are team mates but Stewart has his head up his ass too far to see anyone else but excuses.

That's a joke bro.
Denny needed "friends" like Jr. amd Edwards in times when Stewart was ignoring Denny. I've had my eye on this driver the whole time. StewRAT is NO mentor to Denny Hamlin. You have no source or facts to back that up so just quit it.

StewRAT is a 1 man Team who cares about no one other then the #20 car...period. Unless you have sources or facts and footage or video to prove yer point I could make up something too.

StewRAT was a jerk in the past, he was jerk during and after the race the other day and will be a jerk tomorrow and next week during the race too.

He's a PUD

peace and quit pulling my leg...the right 1 comes off.
lol
SBF you really need to try and understand a racers mentality a little better. During a race if team mates can help each other and not sacrifice there own chances of wining then by all means they do it. But if they both feel like they have a good car and a chance to win. Then they race each other as hard as they would any other driver. Stewart did not wreck Denny on purpose while I agree it might have been his fault. By no means would I say that it was any different then a lot of other wrecks you see in NASCAR ever weekend. Listen to what Gibbs had to say. "It's just one of those unfortunate things," Gibbs said. "Both guys are going as hard as they can and I think both these guys are real competitive. I think they are good teammates and I think it is just something that happened.”

"I am sure Denny feels bad it got away from him there. I am not sure what happened, but I think it's a shame because we had two good cars. ... Sometimes guys get upset, which is understandable.”

Did you read that? He said the car got away from Hamlin. This would mean Hamlin was partially to blame. Was Tony supposed to stop? Maybe Denny should have gotten out of the way? When you’re racing hard shit happens.
Tony Stewart is one of the best drivers in all of motor sports and I’m sure anyone in the business would agree. On the track he can be very aggressive which is one of the reasons he is so good. But off the track he goes out of his way to help other drivers and people in general. I have seen this first hand with my girlfriend’s nephew. Tony not only gave him the break he needed to launch his racing career. He mentored him and has been a good friend to his whole family. I had a chance to meet Tony Stewart last thanksgiving at a midget car race called turkey night. He was a really nice guy He signed my Redskins hat and talked to all of us for a while before the race. But after the race I must say he was pissed because some kid had wrecked him and security in the pits was bad so we just stayed back and left him alone.lol
The guy is so competitive that even while racing midgets which really mean nothing to him career wise he wants to win. And it’s that passion for wining that makes him the champion that he is.
Tony (though He’s become much better) needs to learn to calm down before he shoots his mouth of in front of the media. But all the racers talk trash after a race. Most just do it in the garage, while Tony will do it in front of everyone.
But all in all Stewart is a good team mate to Hamlin & Yeley. And if he wasn’t Gibbs would have already done something about it long ago.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:25 PM   #49
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
You're probably thinking of his step-dad, John Bickford. Not his biological dad but basically raised him from what I know.

Honestly, Gordon and Junior are two guys I don't really know, so I won't make unsubstantiated comments about either of them. I've heard mixed reviews of both.

So far the most genuine and universally liked guy I've encountered has been Jeff Burton

Did you watch 24x24? It was very interesting to hear people speak so highly of Jeff Gordon. Seems like a very down to earth funloving guy.
I don't know any drivers personally, so I really don't know who is naughty and who is nice. I have heard that Burton was a nice guy before, and honestly, I make my opinion about a person through his performance on the track, not about his actually personality. I will never KNOW these people, so my opinions are stictly due to talent. I dislike only 2 people, Stewart and Montoya. I dislike them as people, but them as NASCAR drivers. I really want to like JGR but can't get past Stewart. I'm thrilled that Lil E is coming to Hendrick!
Old 07-09-2007, 03:30 PM   #50
dallass-blows 2
Camp Scrub

denny totally wrecked stewart
Old 07-09-2007, 06:38 PM   #51
Sammy Baugh Fan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallass-blows 2 View Post
denny totally wrecked stewart
JFK killed Honest Abe and Godzilla sank the Titanic too.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:59 PM   #52
Riggo44
The Starter

Quote:
Are there ever two sides of a story for you SBF? Just wondering.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:20 PM   #53
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riggo44 View Post
Are there ever two sides of a story for you SBF? Just wondering.

There is no other side to this story. It was Stewart being wreckless plain and simple. If he didn't race for JGR, his head would be on a platter by everyone here.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:46 PM   #54
Riggo44
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsarno View Post
There is no other side to this story. It was Stewart being wreckless plain and simple. If he didn't race for JGR, his head would be on a platter by everyone here.
I disagree. But that's just my opinion.
J Gibbs my not agree with you ethier.
QUOTE, I am sure Denny feels bad it got away from him there. I am not sure what happened, but I think it's a shame because we had two good cars. ... Sometimes guys get upset, which is understandable.”

Like I said before, Tony messed up. But Denny has to take some of the blame as well.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:51 PM   #55
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

Quote:
QUOTE, I am sure Denny feels bad it got away from him there. I am not sure what happened, but I think it's a shame because we had two good cars. ... Sometimes guys get upset, which is understandable.”
Would you really expect Joe to say anything other?

It sure would be nice to read his mind....? I bet he was thinging the same way I was.......that damn Tony is a DUMB ASS, AND I DON'T THINK THE FOOL WILL EVER LEARN TO JUST SHUTUP!
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 09:57 PM   #56
Riggo44
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfan_nn View Post
Would you really expect Joe to say anything other?

It sure would be nice to read his mind....? I bet he was thinging the same way I was.......that damn Tony is a DUMB ASS, AND I DON'T THINK THE FOOL WILL EVER LEARN TO JUST SHUTUP!
Are you mad a Tony for what he said? Which I agree was pretty dumb. Or what happened on the track? I'm just talking about what happened on the track. Not the stupid comments Stewart made after the wreck.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:04 PM   #57
jsarno
Franchise Player

Quote:

Like I said before, Tony messed up. But Denny has to take some of the blame as well.

Have you ever known Gibbs to not be diplomatic?
I would wager behind closed doors gibbs got pissed that Tony drove so wreckless. How can you blame a guy that got hit from behind. Watch the video again, it's not like Hamlin slammed on the breaks...if he did I would see you point. Stewart kept closing on him...closing on him...closing on him. He had more than ample time to pass him, or slow up...but he rammed him. I'm sorry buddy, but this is black and white evidence on the tv. It's not even 1% Hamlin's fault. It's 100% Stewart's fault. Even in the real world, if you hit someone from behind, it's YOUR FAULT...no questions asked.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:48 PM   #58
jsarno
Franchise Player

OK, I have a NASCAR question, but don't want to start an entirely new thread for it.
I don't get the connection between Busch series and Nextel Cup series. I always thought of it as "Minor and Major" league. (Nextel being the major league) So how is it the Nextel guys can drive in the Busch series? They seem to pick and choose, and on any given event, there can be up to half of the Busch series chalk full of Nextel drivers?
Does anyone know how this works?
Old 07-09-2007, 11:10 PM   #59
dallass-blows 2
Camp Scrub

Quote:
look i dont watch a lot of racing. hardly any actually but i saw the highlights of this race and Denny totally slowed down in front of stewart. not even close to being stewarts fault at all!

YouTube - 2007 Pepsi 400: Hamlin/Stewart Crash
Old 07-09-2007, 11:18 PM   #60
Redskins8588
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallass-blows 2 View Post
look i dont watch a lot of racing. hardly any actually but i saw the highlights of this race and Denny totally slowed down in front of stewart. not even close to being stewarts fault at all!

YouTube - 2007 Pepsi 400: Hamlin/Stewart Crash
You better watch it, SBF will go crazy over that statement... He doesn't like to admit that there are 2 sides to every story...