Does Favre Retire?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #16
QBall
Special Teams

Re: Does Favre Retire?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish View Post
He can still play at a very high level. If he still has the fire in his gut and with GB's young team I see no reason why he cant keep playing.
He looked like the cold got the better of him last night. Eli was cold but his age had to play a part. Favre old bones froze and he was not affective in the 4th quarter and OT.

He will be back b/c they have a good team though.

Advertisements
Old 01-21-2008, 11:42 AM   #17
MTK
\m/

I think he'll be back. The Packers are young and talented and could make another run next year.
Old 01-21-2008, 11:53 AM   #18
skinsfan_nn
Playmaker

I think he will make ONE more run at this thing. Next year will be all she wrote either way.
"There's no greater feeling than moving a man from Point A to Point B, against his will." #68

THANKS COACH GIBBS FOR EVERYTHING! YOUR THE MAN AND ALWAYS WILL BE!
skinsfan_nn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:23 PM   #19
SKINStoWIN
Camp Scrub

He needs to color his hair, all that gray really shows his age. Time to leave gracefully Brett.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:38 PM   #20
Chief X_Phackter
Pro Bowl

I was wondering how long it would take before seeing the annual "does Favre retire" thread.

I would like to say he should come back for another year to try to win one more superbowl, but he won't make it there because the Redskins will be in it next year.
Chief X_Phackter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:02 PM   #21
Monkeydad
Living Legend

Nope. He has at least 2 more years in him.

He won't quit. After this year, I'll say he shouldn't. He can still get the job done. 2 years ago I thought he was washed up, but he's come back since then.
Monkeydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:02 PM   #22
Skinny Tee
The Starter

He didn't look like he wanted to do the whole strech over again.

They really lucky to be in the spot they were in considering what they've done the last two years. I think this was their year.

I think he retires
Old 01-21-2008, 06:43 PM   #23
IggyG
Camp Scrub

I sure hope not. I'm a Skins fan always but I would have to say my favorite QB of all time would be Brett Favre. Just to bad he never played for us! Come back Brett!
IggyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 06:49 PM   #24
sancho2613
Special Teams

He got his team to a 13-3 record and was in the top 3-4 QB's at 38 years old... why would he retire and why would anyone talk crap about him?? I'm sure a lot of teams would of loved having a QB that played like Favre did this year. lots of younger QB's that didn't pull of what he did this year with a team as young as the Packers so I think he'll be back I hope he will, I won't miss a game as long as he's playing....
Old 01-21-2008, 06:51 PM   #25
IggyG
Camp Scrub

I'd have to agree with Sancho2613.
IggyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:21 PM   #26
skinsfan0201
Special Teams

I hope not!!!!
skinsfan0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 10:59 AM   #27
MTK
\m/

It's funny, a year or two ago a lot of people were ready to ride him out of town on a rail, now he's a hero again.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:09 AM   #28
freddyg12
Playmaker

If I was McCarthy I'd say welcome back, now earn your job in training camp. It's time for them to at least let Rodgers compete for the starting job.

For those that say he's played well, led them to 13-3,etc., I agree he played well this year. But remember the game vs. Skins, ST got 2 but also dropped 2 int.s. Remember the dallas game, Rodgers came in & played better than Farve & got them back in the game. He's still good but is he as good as Rodgers might be by the end of next year? That's the question you have to answer if you're the packers. Despite Farve's iron man appearance, all older players wear out by season's end & I believe he did too.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 01:38 PM   #29
charlielyons
Special Teams

i would put him on a level like michael jordan.....basketball has never been the same since he left......football would not be the same without brett, he is just a huge fan favorite
charlielyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #30
sancho2613
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
If I was McCarthy I'd say welcome back, now earn your job in training camp. It's time for them to at least let Rodgers compete for the starting job.

For those that say he's played well, led them to 13-3,etc., I agree he played well this year. But remember the game vs. Skins, ST got 2 but also dropped 2 int.s. Remember the dallas game, Rodgers came in & played better than Farve & got them back in the game. He's still good but is he as good as Rodgers might be by the end of next year? That's the question you have to answer if you're the packers. Despite Farve's iron man appearance, all older players wear out by season's end & I believe he did too.
I understand what you're saying but to be honest with you I really can't see Rodgers beating Favre as the starter. I especially don't think Rodgers could take the youngest team in the NFL the same way Favre would. He would have to go through a lot of those "Growing Pains" since it would be his first year as a starter. You're right though he did play well against Dallas and even better then Favre was playing that night but every QB has there bad days. Against the Skins he threw 2 int's but 2 is the most he threw in any game what about Peyton Manning who threw 6 or 5 against the Chargers that doesn't mean he should loose his job. I think the bottom line is that almost every Packers fan wants Favre back wether he has another great year or not. I think Packers fans are loyal to him for everything he's done. I guarantee A LOT less people would watch the Packers without Favre. If he's on the roster we want to see him start. I like the comment about him being like Michael Jordan on how he will be missed and I think that's excatly how it would be with Packers fan the Packers just won't be the same without him he pretty much is the Packers... just my opinion as a Packers fan...