Locker Room Main Forum

Old 01-12-2018, 10:09 AM   #76
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Jay Gruden expected to return in 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
#thingsloserssay
The Eagles week 17 game looked as bad as we did. They got shut out at home by dallas.... They are 13-3 right?

Advertisements
Old 01-12-2018, 10:12 AM   #77
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
The Raiders win stands out as a plus and reason to be hopeful - the Swearinger hit that decleated Beast Mode was exactly what we need to see. It came when the team was healthy and had some swagger.

Rams another good one early in the season. And the Seahawks win was probably the single most impressive of all.

But it needs to be more consistent. You can be tough in a few games but you have to be tough in all of them. There were too many where we looked soft. It contributed to the 7-9 record.
Add flat out un-prepared to soft as well. And while I do think a lot of this fell on the Defensive side of the ball, it's still the HC responsibility in the end. There were time Greg impressed me and got creative, there were too many others where he was flat out basic like he wore uggs and sweatpants and ordered at Starbucks and it made me sick. Brian Mitchell responded to a tweet i wrote about when the hell was the last time the Redskins ran a stunt or delayed blitz in the last 10 years and he said - not many. And that guy watches film. I see other defenses, for years now, and wish we had a more creative scheme. And Jay, while he has shown some balls, or just pure craziness, with a fake punt here and there or some bombs in un-predictable spots, he has no guts at times, NO KILLER instinct whatsoever and again, it makes me sick. I think he is creative, his scheme is good, but he is by no means a hard nose motivator at all, hes too soft and this team needs a real leader, not a buddy as a head coach.
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:49 PM   #78
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
The Eagles week 17 game looked as bad as we did. They got shut out at home by dallas.... They are 13-3 right?
Old 01-12-2018, 01:35 PM   #79
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Whatever makes u feel good brother lol. Facts are facts.. Yeah we sucked this yr, o well on to next yr.. As a fan nothing we all can even do.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:44 PM   #80
Meks
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Whatever makes u feel good brother lol. Facts are facts.. Yeah we sucked this yr, o well on to next yr.. As a fan nothing we all can even do.
We can complain! That will do wonders in improving the team..... won't it?
R.I.P #21SEAN TAYLOR
Meks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 01:54 PM   #81
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Last game of the season and it was 10 degrees, no excuse but def not shocked by it. Pro players do this all over the league in games like this. Not just the skins
I am. Last game of the season. Last chance for some of those players to put some great plays on film for next season, NFC East division rival, on the road. No excuse at all.
Old 01-12-2018, 01:57 PM   #82
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
I am. Last game of the season. Last chance for some of those players to put some great plays on film for next season, NFC East division rival, on the road. No excuse at all.
u are shocked that we packed it in? We have all seen this many times with other teams, even some we have played later in the season... Denver for example.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:02 PM   #83
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
One game doesn’t define the entire season
I don't think anybody was implying that.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:48 PM   #84
metalskins
The Starter

Quote:
u are shocked that we packed it in? We have all seen this many times with other teams, even some we have played later in the season... Denver for example.
It should be shocking for any professional team.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:07 AM   #85
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalskins View Post
It should be shocking for any professional team.
I respectfully disagree.

Like you said this is a professional team. The only people who had anything to prove were the players not under contract.

Everybody else didn't want to have a career ending injury in what really was a meaningless game.

There are two totally different perspectives, that of the fans and that of the players.

These guys are pros. It is different than any other level.

Why should the players under contract have gotten up for the game? Serious question.

Cooley predicted this in the week leading up to the last game and questioned the wisdom of raising expectations that there was some sort of moral victory that would carry over to next year.

At the time, I bought the hype and really wanted them to win and make a good showing.

The games to be pissed about are New Orleans and Dallas.

The giants game really was meaningless.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:20 AM   #86
Giantone
Gamebreaker

What we sometimes forget as fans is that there are very few "meaningless games" for pro athletes,maybe there were meaningless for us as fans but not for the players.These players are playing for their livelihood and their reputations .There are only 32 NFL teams ...the jobs are limited and the last thing any of these teams want are quitters and the last thing a play wants to be thought of as is a quitter. The new Giants GM came in and took care of that problem with them.Those players will have a hard time finding a job in the NFL.As I said those games might not mean squat to us as fans but don't take it for granted with the players.
Old 01-13-2018, 02:33 PM   #87
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
What we sometimes forget as fans is that there are very few "meaningless games" for pro athletes,maybe there were meaningless for us as fans but not for the players.These players are playing for their livelihood and their reputations .There are only 32 NFL teams ...the jobs are limited and the last thing any of these teams want are quitters and the last thing a play wants to be thought of as is a quitter. The new Giants GM came in and took care of that problem with them.Those players will have a hard time finding a job in the NFL.As I said those games might not mean squat to us as fans but don't take it for granted with the players.
Of the Redskins under contract next year, whose career will be hurt by the last Giants game?

Give a couple examples please.

I made the distinction between the players trying to get signed versus the players under contract for a reason.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:00 PM   #88
Schneed10
A Dude

You guys sure are willing to make a lot of excuses. Do you accept mediocrity in your lives, too?
Old 01-13-2018, 09:39 PM   #89
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
You guys sure are willing to make a lot of excuses. Do you accept mediocrity in your lives, too?
Haha. Nice. Competitors should never accept losing. Ever. Especially if your fucking job is to win. They got the same amount for week 17 as week 2 on their paychecks.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:56 PM   #90
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Too funny.

You guys should get together and organize a pep rally to fire the players up next Week 17 after playoff elimination.

A bonfire, just like in the movies.

Maybe transcribe a Lombardi speech and put it on the bus seats on the way to the game.

That game will have zero effect on the beginning of next season just like last year's didn't effect the start this year.

These guys are pros that are either trying to play out their contract or get one.

Assuming otherwise is pretty naive.

But whatever, cut somebody on the fence to set an example Jeff Fisher style. Jay can look super tough and the stars who are getting paid will play exactly the same, and the guys trying to become stars will still play hard.

Rah Rah Rah. Go team! LOL.

I do like your spirit though.