Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Redskins have claimed LB Reuben Foster

Locker Room Main Forum

View Poll Results: If you owned the team would you have signed Reuben Foster?
Yes 16 35.56%
No 29 64.44%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-29-2018, 07:32 PM   #256
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Redskins have claimed LB Reuben Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooby View Post
Because reubens suck. Roast beef or ham is where it's at.
Outrageous!!!
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-29-2018, 07:34 PM   #257
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Before this thread gets locked: Bruce Allen is responsible. Fire Bruce Allen.

Agree 100%. He’s an idiot that has no business making football decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:46 PM   #258
mredskins
MVP

If the patriots signed been no big deal
Old 11-30-2018, 12:45 AM   #259
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

"Small potatoes"....this shows the mindset in which this decision was made. It's not that they are giving him the benefit of the doubt, its not that they are relying on a large support group to help a young guy make better decisions; it's that it's not seen as a big deal. Williams said they all sat down and discussed this at length, based on these comments we can infer what was said in the meeting.

Next to say that if he worked at mcdonalds that this would go unnoticed or would not stop him from getting a job....that is a horrible justification or explanation of why this is ok. We don't wear the name tags of our favorite mcdonalds cashier on our chest, we do wear the name of our favorite player on our back. That is why football players are under a microscope and while they are young and immature--it doesn't change that fact. No one wants to be under that microscope but it justifiably comes with the job.

The skins will and should get shit for this. They didnt evem send out Bruce or snyder to talk. The comments after the fact truly put this move into perspective. In 2 years I'm sure foster will be a good player on this team. It doesn't make it ok. We did a bad job today.

Maybe he gets his shit together and at the very least gets the help he needs or if in the case he is innocent, surrounds himself with better people.
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 12:50 AM   #260
BigSKINBauer
Pro Bowl

Also...due to this piss poor year, I can never tease my raven and cowboy fan friends for having organizations who love criminals. That was one of my favorite things. That is now gone and if for only that reason, this sucks
BigSKINBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:33 AM   #261
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSKINBauer View Post
"Small potatoes"....this shows the mindset in which this decision was made. It's not that they are giving him the benefit of the doubt, its not that they are relying on a large support group to help a young guy make better decisions; it's that it's not seen as a big deal. Williams said they all sat down and discussed this at length, based on these comments we can infer what was said in the meeting.

Next to say that if he worked at mcdonalds that this would go unnoticed or would not stop him from getting a job....that is a horrible justification or explanation of why this is ok. We don't wear the name tags of our favorite mcdonalds cashier on our chest, we do wear the name of our favorite player on our back. That is why football players are under a microscope and while they are young and immature--it doesn't change that fact. No one wants to be under that microscope but it justifiably comes with the job.

The skins will and should get shit for this. They didnt evem send out Bruce or snyder to talk. The comments after the fact truly put this move into perspective. In 2 years I'm sure foster will be a good player on this team. It doesn't make it ok. We did a bad job today.

Maybe he gets his shit together and at the very least gets the help he needs or if in the case he is innocent, surrounds himself with better people.
F Allen and Snyder for sending out Doug and Jay to take all the bullets. Hell, even the players had to answer for the move. F'ing cowards.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:17 AM   #262
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Like I’ve said, I have zero faith in this team until Bruce Allen is removed from the organization. Mistake after mistake
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 08:40 AM   #263
mredskins
MVP

The other weird twist about this whole thing is the Bama players on the Skins saying they were never asked about Foster.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:27 AM   #264
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
The other weird twist about this whole thing is the Bama players on the Skins saying they were never asked about Foster.
It's really sloppy all around. F Bruce and Dan for sending out Jay and Doug to take the heat. F whoever decided to say they consulted the players when half the players said nobody consulted them. F everybody for prioritizing the talent over his DV issues (real or not) in addition to the myriad of issues he's had since he came into the league.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 10:51 AM   #265
mredskins
MVP

Honestly this par for the course with the current Skins, I am not even shocked.

I like the Redskins because of Joe Gibbs, this board and I was born there. Outside of that I really not a big fan of the current team/regime.
Old 11-30-2018, 10:54 AM   #266
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
Honestly this par for the course with the current Skins, I am not even shocked.

I like the Redskins because of Joe Gibbs, this board and I was born there. Outside of that I really not a big fan of the current team/regime.

Agree except I'm not from DC
Old 11-30-2018, 11:06 AM   #267
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
It's really sloppy all around. F Bruce and Dan for sending out Jay and Doug to take the heat. F whoever decided to say they consulted the players when half the players said nobody consulted them. F everybody for prioritizing the talent over his DV issues (real or not) in addition to the myriad of issues he's had since he came into the league.
So if you were a highly touted up and coming coordinator waiting for you chance to become HC and if the Skins position becomes open and you saw how the FO handled this and other situations in the past would you interview here? Take the position if offered? I would like to think a competent person would not and wait for another since HC positions open every year but there are only 32 jobs like this and I think most people would jump at the chance regardless of how F'ed the situation is.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 11:10 AM   #268
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
So if you were a highly touted up and coming coordinator waiting for you chance to become HC and if the Skins position becomes open and you saw how the FO handled this and other situations in the past would you interview here? Take the position if offered? I would like to think a competent person would not and wait for another since HC positions open every year but there are only 32 jobs like this and I think most people would jump at the chance regardless of how F'ed the situation is.
I think about the only front office that is in the Redskins league for being a crap place to work would be the Cowboys.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 11:15 AM   #269
sevier2
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
Like I’ve said, I have zero faith in this team until Bruce Allen is removed from the organization. Mistake after mistake
We all said the same thing about Vinny back in the day too...

Which brings us to the frightening reality that this kind of front office management may be here to stay as long as D. Snyder is around. Which it looks like he will be for a long time.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:23 AM   #270
irish
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
F Allen and Snyder for sending out Doug and Jay to take all the bullets. Hell, even the players had to answer for the move. F'ing cowards.
The minute the press release from Doug Williams came out I thought that if this thing blows up DW will take the heat, if it pans out Bruce and Dan will take all the credit. It all starts at the top and this organization is going nowhere until there is new leadership at the top.
irish is offline   Reply With Quote