Dallas postgame

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-23-2018, 11:02 PM   #166
DynamiteRave
Living Legend

Re: Dallas postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
As far as O-Line injuries go, wasn't it speculated by some that Bill Callahan was just "too hard" on the guys? Now for sure they don't want to do cream puff practices but could there be any truth to it?

Someone needs to be hard on these guys. Who’s our secondary coach? Does he just diddle himself all day? I never hear anything about that guy and our secondary is atrocious. By the way Swearinger talks, you’d think he was a player and the secondary coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been a part of this message board for 17 years. Damn I'm old.
DynamiteRave is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-23-2018, 11:02 PM   #167
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake84 View Post
As far as O-Line injuries go, wasn't it speculated by some that Bill Callahan was just "too hard" on the guys? Now for sure they don't want to do cream puff practices but could there be any truth to it?
How do you explain someone rolling on your knee and tearing your ACL, tearing your pectoral muscle? This has nothing to do with conditioning, Redskins players are not the only NFL players to suffer this type of injuries.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 12:32 AM   #168
punch it in
From a Land Down Under

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
How do you explain someone rolling on your knee and tearing your ACL, tearing your pectoral muscle? This has nothing to do with conditioning, Redskins players are not the only NFL players to suffer this type of injuries.

No they are not. But when you are an average to below average team with little depth those injuries stand out big time. We aren’t exactly at the plug and play level, and even if we had that kind of depth Jay Gruden could never get them ready to play. Good teams with good coaching staffs and or good quarterbacks can mask injuries alot easier. Shit Tom Brady went down and the Pats finished 11-5. Big Ben went down and the Steelers trucked through it. The Packers lost half their team a few years ago and they were A - OK. Eagles lost Wentz - superbowl. Because they have a strong foundation. The Skins lose a stud or two and they get exposed. So until we got a FO and a coaching staff that can overcome that shit we will flounder. It isn’t about conditioning it is about preparedness. 53 players. Depth. When 35-40 of those 53 are meh a team is in deep doo doo. Couple that with the fact that your Coaching staff is sub par and forget it. They don’t buy in to the system like they do with strong successful teams.
punch it in is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 01:17 AM   #169
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch it in View Post
No they are not. But when you are an average to below average team with little depth those injuries stand out big time. We aren’t exactly at the plug and play level, and even if we had that kind of depth Jay Gruden could never get them ready to play. Good teams with good coaching staffs and or good quarterbacks can mask injuries alot easier. Shit Tom Brady went down and the Pats finished 11-5. Big Ben went down and the Steelers trucked through it. The Packers lost half their team a few years ago and they were A - OK. Eagles lost Wentz - superbowl. Because they have a strong foundation. The Skins lose a stud or two and they get exposed. So until we got a FO and a coaching staff that can overcome that shit we will flounder. It isn’t about conditioning it is about preparedness. 53 players. Depth. When 35-40 of those 53 are meh a team is in deep doo doo. Couple that with the fact that your Coaching staff is sub par and forget it. They don’t buy in to the system like they do with strong successful teams.
When you lose 2 OG, 2RB, 2WR, QB, LT for a few games you are going to suffer no matter who you are. Guice projected starter, Thompson key offensive weapon, Scherff and Williams pro-bowlers, your key slot receiver, highly paid FA acquisition WR. I say shitty luck.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 02:45 AM   #170
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5superbowls3wins View Post
I think our entire health and conditioning department needs to go too. Way too many injuries.

That's harder to assess but a new coach usually involves a new S&C coach so I'd think that's a part of it.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 07:22 AM   #171
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The security attendants, the hotdog vendors, and ushers....all fired now. Fuckem
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:53 AM   #172
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamiteRave View Post
Someone needs to be hard on these guys. Who’s our secondary coach? Does he just diddle himself all day? I never hear anything about that guy and our secondary is atrocious. By the way Swearinger talks, you’d think he was a player and the secondary coach.

The secondary coach can't stop Moreau from playing like a pussy. He was in position on the 90 yarder. All he had to do was turn his head around and he probably could've made a play on the ball. The guy has no ball skills.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 10:30 AM   #173
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Dallas postgame

Well then, it goes back to our poor ass decision makers and leadership. They should have kept Breeland, or brought him back for cheap when they had the chance.

Instead, they let him go for unproven players to save a buck, and held on to a overpaid, lazy Norman who it appears DJ is starting to call out.

By the way, how’s Clinton Dix doing? How’s Cooper doing in Dallas, the guy we really needed, but didn’t grab who ended up TORCHING us on national tv while the guy we took instead of him (Clinton Dix) did NOTHING. Ironic...

All of their piss poor decisions have led to this. Allen, Gruden, and Doug WIlliams need to go, and a real/competent GM needs to be promoted or hired.

This team has had no continued success, continuity, or real leadership since Gibbs 25 fucking years ago. Our closest chance was Shannahan, but Snyder and RG3 fucked that. Dumpster juice every year this team turns out to be.

5superbowls3wins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 10:46 AM   #174
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
The security attendants, the hotdog vendors, and ushers....all fired now. Fuckem
Don't forget the beer vendors those officious pricks charge an arm and a leg for a beverage.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 10:48 AM   #175
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Dallas postgame

Fact is, Gruden has been here almost 5 years, and has a 34-40 record, one division title he barely won at 9-7, and has ZERO playoff wins. He was ALLEN’S hand pick.

TIME FOR HIM AND ALLEN TO GO. I’d support Snyder firing Gruden now and promoting Bill Callahan, firing Allen and promoting Brian Lafemina to VP, and promoting Eric Shaffer to GM.

Then chose between Callahan or Saints Offensive Coordinator Pete Carmicheal as our next HC during the off-season

Last edited by 5superbowls3wins; 11-24-2018 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-24-2018, 10:57 AM   #176
5superbowls3wins
Impact Rookie

Dallas postgame

Old 11-24-2018, 11:07 AM   #177
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
When you lose 2 OG, 2RB, 2WR, QB, LT for a few games you are going to suffer no matter who you are. Guice projected starter, Thompson key offensive weapon, Scherff and Williams pro-bowlers, your key slot receiver, highly paid FA acquisition WR. I say shitty luck.
I think it is more than luck. Going back to 2014 the Redskins have been at the bottom in terms of adjusted games lost:

2014 they lost 89.5 games and were ranked 24th
2015 they lost 119.1 games and were ranked 31st
2016 they lost 99.0 games and ranked 25th
2017 they lost 121.0 games and ranked 32nd

Very few teams were as bad as us over the last four years. Could it be luck? sure, but I think there are other factors at play here. Losing this much time for this long of a period is a trend.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...ted-games-lost

BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 12:08 PM   #178
Buffalo Bob
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
I think it is more than luck. Going back to 2014 the Redskins have been at the bottom in terms of adjusted games lost:

2014 they lost 89.5 games and were ranked 24th
2015 they lost 119.1 games and were ranked 31st
2016 they lost 99.0 games and ranked 25th
2017 they lost 121.0 games and ranked 32nd

Very few teams were as bad as us over the last four years. Could it be luck? sure, but I think there are other factors at play here. Losing this much time for this long of a period is a trend.

Glad somebody was able to find that, I was wondering if such statistics existed. Pretty obvious to me those numbers point to more than coincidence. What factors are involved who knows, while many injuries are unpreventable some are. Are the Redskins taking too many players with injury histories? Are the players not properly stretched and warned up before games and practices? Are slight injuries not treated properly and turn into big ones?
Are practices too hard or too easy? Poor game management, are players that need a few plays off left in, as a fatigued player is more susceptible to injury?
The problem could be the front office all the way down to the guy taping ankles.
Buffalo Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 12:13 PM   #179
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreSkins View Post
Don't forget the beer vendors those officious pricks charge an arm and a leg for a beverage.
I need the people who clean the uniforms and the landscaper gone immediately. I expect all pros across the board
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 12:30 PM   #180
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I need the people who clean the uniforms and the landscaper gone immediately. I expect all pros across the board
Have you seen that turf? Fuck 'em.
mooby is offline   Reply With Quote