Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

WFT vs Bills Pregame Thread

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 09-21-2021, 07:18 AM   #1
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

WFT vs Bills Pregame Thread

Can Heinicke take his show on the road? Why not?

Hopefully with the extra days between games JDR and Ron worked on tightening up the defense as we are facing a solid offense. We gotta focus on the secondary from giving up the big play.

How about we come out ready to play and try to get off to a faster start on both sides of the ball.

I think the game I’ll be close, but in order to keep up with the Bills offense Heinicke gonna have to make some plays. Something to watch…Dyami Brown got 6 targets and 3 catches last game, can he continue to build on that? Like to see him get a big play opportunity down field.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 09-21-2021, 07:34 AM   #2
AnonEmouse
The Starter

Re: WFT vs Bills Pregame Thread

Agree, I'd like to see McLaurin and Brown stretching the field from the off, allowing our running game some opportunity, and making PA a threat. I didn't see much PA against the Giants and I think that hobbled the passing game a bit. But I also worry that Heinicke doesn't necessarily have the arm to truly stretch a D, and maybe that's where PA becomes more effective (opening up catch and run opportunities). Can't help thinking this is the kind of game Samuel's might have thrived in.

But to me the key is the D not allowing Allen to run wild. We face too many running QB's this year to not make tightening up that aspect of the D a priority. I think after the screw ups last 2 games, coverage should be better (if not then what exactly are the coaches doing?), but that might be in vain if we don't stop gashing QB runs on 2nd and 3rd and long.
AnonEmouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 07:51 AM   #3
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

The Bills have no running game pretty much, but Josh Allen is the real deal. Going to be a tough one , their D is solid as well, especially the back end. If we can run the ball well, we will have a shot
Old 09-21-2021, 07:58 AM   #4
mredskins
MVP

Loss
Old 09-21-2021, 08:08 AM   #5
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

I don't get how unprepared to play read option this defense was last week. And even throughout the game after Jones' long TD run (called back) guys were biting hard on the RB... like, uh, don't you remember being owned the exact same way a couple of minutes ago ?

Anyway, hopefully they are ready to play this smarter, more disciplined to keep Allen in the pocket, and coverage isn't a complete F up.

I'm watching the week1 Steelers @ Bills game, haven't finished yet, but as of now, even with our fun to watch Heinickeee led offense, I don't see how our OL isn't dissected by their front 4, and until they show it to me I have no trust in this D to not give up at least 24 points.
Old 09-21-2021, 08:16 AM   #6
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

If we're prepared we might keep it close, if the trends of the last two weeks continue we might be doing yard work by the 3rd quarter.

I'll never say we're out of the game before it starts, but Ron & co. have a lot of work to do to prepare and get things tightened up.
Old 09-21-2021, 08:59 AM   #7
MTK
\m/

We can play with them, but we need the D to step up big.
Old 09-21-2021, 09:02 AM   #8
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Defense will continue to struggle just like they pretty much do against good QB's. Especially ones that are mobile. Bills win by double digits.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 09:24 AM   #9
sdskinsfan2001
Living Legend

Do not let them score a touchdown on the 1st drive!!! We know we won't score on ours. Can't spot them 7 points out of the gate or we have no chance.

I will be watching this game sober in my safe place. Don't like our chances at all in this one. But any given Sunday. Hopefully they can somehow pull it off.
sdskinsfan2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 09:34 AM   #10
rocnrik
Playmaker

It surprises me that with the football knowledge some of you have that barring a major upset you would think WFT has a chance in this game …Go back and read the game day comments of last week.. some calling Taylor “garbage”.. some like me saying this team won’t win 5 games playing like this .. some saying it’s the worse D in league , horrible Playcalling.. etc etc , now we are supposed to roll into Buffalo and win? …I dont see this as a win .. im just hoping to keep it close .. don’t agree ? Well wait until game starts and start reading the comments on here …😀😀.
Maybe i am wrong and would love to see the upset.. but the first pick TH throws he will be blasted .. if Young doesn’t get Sacks same ..I guess the culture has eroded any confidence at all in our view if this team especially when we get down .. Look at Taylor’s last three starts ( broke all time record in NFL ) .. yet some say he isn’t legit .. go back and read your own words ..if what the majority of you are saying is true .. this team has NO chance .. I know it’s the emotions of the game day thread .. heated comments etc .. that’s all fine but I tend to believe that what we see on the field us what we got .. and so far we don’t have much .. hopefully it gets figured out or it’s ..

Buffalo. 56
Wft. 21
rocnrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 09:44 AM   #11
MTK
\m/

^ I don't think the game threads are a really great barometer of any sort of football knowledge, certainly not the place for any sane or rational thought either.
Old 09-21-2021, 09:46 AM   #12
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchSkin View Post
I don't get how unprepared to play read option this defense was last week. And even throughout the game after Jones' long TD run (called back) guys were biting hard on the RB... like, uh, don't you remember being owned the exact same way a couple of minutes ago ?

Anyway, hopefully they are ready to play this smarter, more disciplined to keep Allen in the pocket, and coverage isn't a complete F up.

I'm watching the week1 Steelers @ Bills game, haven't finished yet, but as of now, even with our fun to watch Heinickeee led offense, I don't see how our OL isn't dissected by their front 4, and until they show it to me I have no trust in this D to not give up at least 24 points.
Agree the edge has to keep him in the pocket. Obviously Allen and Payne have to hold that middle. If there is a time for that front four to prove they can be the dominant unit we know they can this is an opportunity to make a statement against a very good QB.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 09:51 AM   #13
GridIron26
Playmaker

I have no hope for this game because of the defense issues.. If the defense steps up then we will have a chance. Heinicke will make some plays for the offense but he will need help from our defense too.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 09:58 AM   #14
SunnySide
Playmaker

Looking at Josh Allen's box score stats

2 games, 47/84, 56% comp %, 449 yds, 5.3 avg, 3 tds, 1 int, 44.7 QBR

^^ Looks very non MVP like

2018 and 2019, he had comp % of 52 and 58, QBR of 49 and 49.
2020 he had his coming out party, 69% comp % and 76 QBR.
----------------------------------

I somewhat question Josh Allen's ability to read the field, go through progressions, throw guys open .. those tier 1 traits but then last year and in playoffs he seemed like he stepped his game up to a tier 1 level.

Hopefully there is some good film and a blue print for JDR to follow from the first 2 games. When I saw they beat the Phins 35-0 .. I was expecting elite Qb stats and play.

SunnySide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:07 AM   #15
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Bills 42
WFT 17

This game was a loss before the season started. With how our team has played the first 2 games, it won't even be close.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote