2012-13 Around the NBA thread

Other Sports

Old 06-21-2013, 03:51 PM   #121
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: 2012-13 Around the NBA thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by donofriose View Post
If college football had a real playoff, I could make a case that college football would take over professional football as the better product.
i dont know...too many idiots running that sport at many different levels. no parody.

rabid fans for sure, but i dont think the quality on the field matchs the NFL.

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 06-21-2013, 04:13 PM   #122
donofriose
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
i dont know...too many idiots running that sport at many different levels. no parody.

rabid fans for sure, but i dont think the quality on the field matchs the NFL.
I agree with the first part. But there is parody among the elite teams, its like the NFL, there are about 6-8 truly elite teams, everyone else is just kind of there.

I agree idiots are running it though ruining the sport (the BCS, and the NCAA).
donofriose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #123
SirLK26
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredskins View Post
I think you mean the late 50's to early 60's.

I am Celtics fan been all my life. The game today is so diffrent then even when Bird and Magic played. It just seems so forced like the media declaring game 6 of this years finals legendary. Really?

I loved the NBA during Jordan's runs because other teams were just as good he was the difference maker. IDK just not the same for me anymore. I feel like the whole league lacks parity.

The Pacers and Spurs are the only teams that remind of the old days.
Yeah, my bad.

On college football...I don't think it will ever be as good as professional football until they start cracking down more on steroid use and they come up with a bigger playoff field than the one currently going into use in... 2014? Can't remember exactly. The 4-team playoff is a start, though.
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 05:41 PM   #124
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

I'm just curious to see if Chris Bosh gets traded now. What if the Wizards got Bosh, along with Beal, Wall, Nene, and their draft pick of Porter/Bennett/Oladipo. That would be a very good team.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:56 PM   #125
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Game 6 and 7 were amazing. Two of the best title games ever
Old 06-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #126
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Game 6 and 7 were amazing. Two of the best title games ever
eehhhhhh I dont know...Sports Illustrated just resurrected some good memories with the Suns vs Bulls series. There was absolutely no players more entertaining than Charles Barkley and MJ in their primes. Does any body remember when Barkley's game was on fire in the 4-5 year period in his prime? Watchin him dominate with the outside and beastin guys down low in the box undersized...simply amazing. That Suns vs Bulls series was tha shit. Triple overtime games? KJ, Marley and Barkley went hard at MJ

He Gets Us
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:15 AM   #127
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Overall the 1993 Finals were probably the best ever, but that doesn't take away from how good I thought games 6 and 7 were this year
Old 06-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #128
donofriose
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
I'm just curious to see if Chris Bosh gets traded now. What if the Wizards got Bosh, along with Beal, Wall, Nene, and their draft pick of Porter/Bennett/Oladipo. That would be a very good team.
What exactly do the Wizards have to trade if they can keep all those players and picks.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #129
donofriose
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post
Overall the 1993 Finals were probably the best ever, but that doesn't take away from how good I thought games 6 and 7 were this year
Game 6 was amazing. Game 7 was great as well. Too bad the other games kind of sucked.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:55 PM   #130
SirLK26
The Starter

Quote:
Game 6 was amazing. Game 7 was great as well. Too bad the other games kind of sucked.
Ray Allen should retire now. Best ending to a career ever: Playing with an all-time great, hits one of the clutchest 3 pointers in NBA history, wins the championship...
SirLK26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #131
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
What exactly do the Wizards have to trade if they can keep all those players and picks.
They have lots of picks from trading jamaal (or is it Jordan) Crawford and they can trade okafor and ariza just keep the first this year and trade future firsts and you have yourself a playoff team.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:37 PM   #132
NC_Skins
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Bosh isn't worth the salary he's getting. There is a reason why there is talk of the Heat moving him.
"So let me get this straight. We have the event of the year on TV with millions watching around the world... and people want a punt, pass, and kick competition to be the halftime entertainment?? Folks, don't quit your day jobs."- Matty
NC_Skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:26 AM   #133
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Bosh isn't worth the salary he's getting. There is a reason why there is talk of the Heat moving him.
When Bosh wasn't on the Heat and he was with Toronto, he was widely considered as a top 10 player. He goes to a team with two top 10 players, both clearly better than him and one who is the best player in basketball, so Bosh didn't get as many opportunities since he has two ball-handlers/scorers so his stats were never the same. I think that if Bosh goes to a team where he is the only big name or a team that that has only one name, we can see him return to his Toronto form. The Wizards are one of those teams.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:48 AM   #134
donofriose
The Starter

Quote:
When Bosh wasn't on the Heat and he was with Toronto, he was widely considered as a top 10 player. He goes to a team with two top 10 players, both clearly better than him and one who is the best player in basketball, so Bosh didn't get as many opportunities since he has two ball-handlers/scorers so his stats were never the same. I think that if Bosh goes to a team where he is the only big name or a team that that has only one name, we can see him return to his Toronto form. The Wizards are one of those teams.
Top 10 players don't score as many points as you and me in game 7 of the NBA finals... If the Wizards get Bosh they will just be Atlanta. Make the playoffs but never actually make a run or win anything. Plus the Heat won't trade Bosh for picks, they would want a player that could help them win a championship now. They probably will not even end up trading him.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:53 AM   #135
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Top 10 players don't score as many points as you and me in game 7 of the NBA finals... If the Wizards get Bosh they will just be Atlanta. Make the playoffs but never actually make a run or win anything. Plus the Heat won't trade Bosh for picks, they would want a player that could help them win a championship now. They probably will not even end up trading him.
?? He had a couple of double doubles and was going against Tim Duncan. And he did have some clutch moments too in this finals series and was drawinging praise from everyone on the ESPN panel (even Bayless who ridicules Bosh, and praises Tim Duncan).