Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

When will Rocky McIntosh sign?

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-22-2006, 02:07 AM   #1
MightyJoeGibbs
The Starter

When will Rocky McIntosh sign?

Has anyone heard anything about Rocky McIntosh and if he is still sidelined while rehabbing ?
Also, if we will get to see him practicing at training camp or play in preseason? Especially b/c I believe he is the only Un-Signed rookie to worry about. That would be a let down to not see what we got.

It's kinda weird hearing about how Holdman/Clemons are battling it out for that spot. Clemons can only step up to blitz or to stop the run, he can't cover and doesnt seem likely. The spot seems to have gotten real vanilla although all they need is a working wheel anyway.
Maybe in order to understand mankind we have to look at that word itself. MANKIND. Basically, it's made up of two separate words "mank"and "ind." What do these words mean? It's a mystery and that's why so is mankind. --Jack Handy Deep Thoughts
MightyJoeGibbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-22-2006, 02:27 AM   #2
jamf
Pro Bowl

Re: When will Rocky sign?

I wouldnt be too concerned about it. Second rounders usually sign a few days before training camp.
jamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 03:17 AM   #3
GTripp0012
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyJoeGibbs
Has anyone heard anything about Rocky McIntosh and if he is still sidelined while rehabbing ?
Also, if we will get to see him practicing at training camp or play in preseason? Especially b/c I believe he is the only Un-Signed rookie to worry about. That would be a let down to not see what we got.

It's kinda weird hearing about how Holdman/Clemons are battling it out for that spot. Clemons can only step up to blitz or to stop the run, he can't cover and doesnt seem likely. The spot seems to have gotten real vanilla although all they need is a working wheel anyway.
Good question. He doesnt have a whole lot of leverage, so he will probably sign a few days into camp.
Old 07-22-2006, 03:19 AM   #4
Schneed10
A Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyJoeGibbs

Oh man, I 1000% disagree with this. All they need is a working wheel? Hell no. If we're going to be the kind of defense that keeps offenses guessing at all times, we need to keep them off guard and wondering which LB is going to blitz. If offenses know that blitzes will come from Marcus's side, he might as well not even blitz, because he's going to get picked up.

In this sense Clemons is of the utmost importance. In my estimation, we didn't need Rocky McIntosh for anything other than depth. Holdman can hold his own on first and second downs, and you can always swap in Clemons in passing situtations. McIntosh provides a POSSIBLE answer to both issues in one package. At minimum, he provides depth at that spot, which actually is incredibly important. We have to effectively threaten the offensive line from both sides, not just with one side. Otherwise our blitz packages will become too predictable.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:13 AM   #5
That Guy
Living Legend

clemons isn't just a straight blitzer. he just got hurt last year and a bit forgotten about. holdman CAN NOT hold his own which should be blatantly obvious to anyone who saw a game last year. maybe he'll go worst to first, but i won't be holding my breath.

rocky isn't going to get a big contract, so i wouldn't be too worried. he'll sign before camp most likey for 4 years of near vet min and about a mill in signing bonus.
That Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:21 AM   #6
dmek25
MVP

thatguy, it almost seems like his contract is set in stone already, so what is the hold up? probably the up front signing bonus
Old 07-22-2006, 10:23 AM   #7
Big C
Mr. Brightside

from what i have read this offseason, warrick holdman is doing extremely well and has a very good shot at holding that ROLB position
Old 07-22-2006, 10:38 AM   #8
MTK
\m/

There will be a flood of signings this week.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:35 PM   #9
gibbsisgod
Playmaker

I wouldn't expect Rocky to start even if he gets into camp on time. GW likes to bring his players around slowly and I dont think Rocky will be any different.ST didn't start and either did CR. He may play right away but don't expect him to start right out of the gate.
gibbsisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 12:42 PM   #10
steveo395
The Starter

Rocky will sign before camp, no second round picks hold out

Holdman will be the starter at the beginning, rocky will start playing a lot more towards the end, especially if holdman plays like he did last year

steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 01:19 PM   #11
MTK
\m/

Re: When will Rocky McIntosh sign?

Snyder and company have done a great job the last few years getting our picks signed on time, I'm really not concerned about McIntosh.
Old 07-22-2006, 01:43 PM   #12
cpayne5
Playmaker

He'll be on time to camp. The only reason he hasn't signed is because no one around his draft position has signed yet. They wait around until that happens so that they can gauge their market value.
Old 07-22-2006, 04:01 PM   #13
number21isabadman
Special Teams

Thats all well and good, personally i feel they will get the deal done before training camp, but from this article i just read it may look like reggie will hold out for a long time, Already a probable contract hold out, Reggie Bush's agent says he could refuse to sign at all and re-enter the draft in 2007.

Will Reggie run a reverse? - NFL - Yahoo! Sports
number21isabadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 04:26 PM   #14
steveo395
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by number21isabadman
Thats all well and good, personally i feel they will get the deal done before training camp, but from this article i just read it may look like reggie will hold out for a long time, Already a probable contract hold out, Reggie Bush's agent says he could refuse to sign at all and re-enter the draft in 2007.

Will Reggie run a reverse? - NFL - Yahoo! Sports
i hate reggie bush

steveo395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 06:46 PM   #15
MightyJoeGibbs
The Starter

The Saints have way too many running backs as is. It will take them a while to come up with a plan to trade or release, it be nice if the Skins could grab Stecker or somebody.
Maybe in order to understand mankind we have to look at that word itself. MANKIND. Basically, it's made up of two separate words "mank"and "ind." What do these words mean? It's a mystery and that's why so is mankind. --Jack Handy Deep Thoughts
MightyJoeGibbs is offline   Reply With Quote