Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Zorn to stupid to relay plays from Lewis to QB??

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-21-2009, 08:02 PM   #16
tryfuhl
Gamebreaker

Re: Zorn to stupid to relay plays from Lewis to QB??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longtimefan View Post
According to Steve Largent this whole thing with Sherm Lewis was done with the idea of infuriating Zorn to the extent he would quit. Zorn's not a quitter, and he's not about to abort his contract and walk away. Way to go Jim, make him pay you!!
They say he considered it but then decided to stick in there. Wonder if the players stepping up on his behalf helped that.. if he had guys saying otherwise he prob would've left.
tryfuhl is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-21-2009, 08:42 PM   #17
Skinny Tee
The Starter

It'd be funny if we ran the table with Sherman Lewis calling plays and then at the end of the season fired our head coach who went 12-4.

Who gets credit now for the performance, or lack thereof, of our team?

This really is a cluster-eff and just seems to get worse as the days progress. I've never seen anything like this before in the NFL, let alone on my own team, and I've been watching football for a long time.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:43 PM   #18
The Goat
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHairedAristocrat View Post
i think zorn wants to be removed from the equation entirely so when we lose and Snyder fires him, it makes Snyder look really bad for firing a guy who had nothing to do with the loss.
Makes sense; however Zorn really doesn't have to do anything to make Snyder look bad. Snyder is being petty, not wanting to pay out Zorn's contract, by trying to "humiliate" Zorn into quitting. Zorn is too smart and good for him. But the bigger picture is how even more pathetic Snyder looks. He finds it almost impossible to end any relationship w/ class. It was different w/ Gibbs because Gibbs quit. But remember how Snyder couldn't just admit he didn't get along w/ Greg Williams, instead maligning him w/ bullshit rumors out of Redskins Park that Williams didn't show Gibbs respect blah, blah, blah. Once again Snyder can't end a relationship w/ any class or for that matter any good football sense. All this just adds to my belief a coach, especially a proven coach, would just be dumb as hell to work the lil D.

It is so frustrating to know fans still somehow defend, and even seem to respect, Snyder after the way he's ruined the franchise. Words can hardly describe...
Old 10-21-2009, 08:52 PM   #19
Josh Baker
Camp Scrub

I feel sorry for Jim emotionally, but not financially. More of our fan money goes out the window and Danny just gets richer.

I feel sorry for the FANS financially!
Josh Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:58 PM   #20
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Baker View Post
I feel sorry for Jim emotionally, but not financially. More of our fan money goes out the window and Danny just gets richer.

I feel sorry for the FANS financially!
Welcome Josh!!

Believe me, the fans are truly feeling the pain.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:07 PM   #21
htownskinfan
JUST LIVIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Goat View Post
Makes sense; however Zorn really doesn't have to do anything to make Snyder look bad. Snyder is being petty, not wanting to pay out Zorn's contract, by trying to "humiliate" Zorn into quitting. Zorn is too smart and good for him. But the bigger picture is how even more pathetic Snyder looks. He finds it almost impossible to end any relationship w/ class. It was different w/ Gibbs because Gibbs quit. But remember how Snyder couldn't just admit he didn't get along w/ Greg Williams, instead maligning him w/ bullshit rumors out of Redskins Park that Williams didn't show Gibbs respect blah, blah, blah. Once again Snyder can't end a relationship w/ any class or for that matter any good football sense. All this just adds to my belief a coach, especially a proven coach, would just be dumb as hell to work the lil D.

It is so frustrating to know fans still somehow defend, and even seem to respect, Snyder after the way he's ruined the franchise. Words can hardly describe...
so true,we are getting more and more pathetic by the day.I dont think Zorn is a good head coach,but thats not all his fault,he was hired to be the off coord and was practically handed the head coaching job and whos going to say no to that?
I have zero confidence that this regime will do the right thing and hire the right coach for the job.I just dont see how any coach worth a shit would come into this situation
Old 10-21-2009, 09:11 PM   #22
SkinDogg
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy13 View Post
'Skins calling an audible on Zorn's role in sending plays to the field | ProFootballTalk.com
I think he might of just not wanted to be involved in the "chain of communication" how the article says but i don't know...
It's "too" stupid, not "to" stupid. Just sayin'...
SkinDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:13 PM   #23
rbanerjee23
The Starter

omg how funny would it be if Holmgren got the HC job and brought Zorn in as an assistant coach, that would be so embarassing, to be demoted in back to back years.

-Mike Shanahan

HTTR
rbanerjee23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:19 PM   #24
Daseal
Puppy Kicker

Yeah, I feel like part of this is done to remove Zorn, but Zorn knows after his performance here in DC he'll most likely never get an NFL head coach check again. If he's smart he'll wait to be fired.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #25
souperbad
Camp Scrub

This is nothing short of insane.

Zorn said he would relay the play calls (from Sherman to Jason) at his Monday press conference. But now it has changed. So, instead of:

Sherm -> Jim -> Jason -> the rest of the Offense

It is:

Sherm -> Sherman -> Jason -> the rest of the Offense

I can understand if you would want to remove a middle man...but replace a middle man?

The only logical explanation is that Dan Snyder decided to remove Zorn from the relay team. I can't see Zorn removing himself. Is there any other possible explanation?

Again, this is insane. The more I learn about this craziness the more respect I have for Jim Zorn. He should just quit and tell Dan Snyder off.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:46 PM   #26
Skinny Tee
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daseal View Post
Yeah, I feel like part of this is done to remove Zorn, but Zorn knows after his performance here in DC he'll most likely never get an NFL head coach check again. If he's smart he'll wait to be fired.
I bet if you did a poll to Skins fans and wanted to see who they were in support of in the Zorn vs. Our Front Office showdown that most fans side with Zorn in this matter.

It's truly sad that we've brought in some good guys, coaches and players, and our front office has done many of them dirty. I don't know how many times me and my girlfriend have said "I really like this player/coach....I feel bad that our front office is doing this to them."

For example: Jason Campbell, Jim Zorn, Gregg Williams, LaVar Arrington, Laverous Coles.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:04 PM   #27
mooby
Hug Anne Spyder

I pretty much think Zorn's just waiting to get fired by Snyder. He's obviously sticking it out even though it appears Snyder is just trying to force him out the door. Honestly the more this drags on the more it looks bad on Snyder and the Skins. It's pathetic how our image is portrayed in the media and around the NFL. Only Al Davis is the other petty owner I feel would be crazy enough to try and force a coach out midseason so that he doesn't have to pay the rest of his salary. In the end it looks like Snyder hasn't changed much at all.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:30 AM   #28
tootergray34
Impact Rookie

I honestly like Zorn...I wish we would keep him...it's not his fault that O-Line only gives JC or any QB 3 seconds to throw the ball. A good Oline and a new franchise QB is what this city...and team needs the most. What we don't need is a new coach...with a new system that wants his own players ... ect ect ect. If you want to be a good franchise....you have to deal with a few years of suck...good coaches aren't bred...they are groomed with a shitty beginning...and this is our shitty beginning.
tootergray34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:41 AM   #29
Chevy13
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinDogg View Post
It's "too" stupid, not "to" stupid. Just sayin'...
Ya I know I saw it after I posted it but thanks for taking time out of your busy day to point out the obvious
Chevy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 07:59 AM   #30
davy
Impact Rookie

Stupid is as stupid does.

He probably knows the difference between a homonym and a homophone though.