Domestic terrorism

Debating with the enemy

Old 12-03-2015, 08:39 AM   #31
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Re: Domestic terrorism

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTK View Post
I don't know what the answer is but something has to be done.

As a society we are completely out of control when it comes to gun violence.
I agree...its a fact. I don't understand how someone can be on the no fly list, but able to purchase a gun. How is that? Your a threat enough to fly...

Last edited by Chico23231; 12-03-2015 at 08:55 AM.
Chico23231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 12-03-2015, 09:59 AM   #32
MTK
\m/

I do know what doesn't work... prayers. We need real solutions.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:08 AM   #33
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Who were Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik? - CNN.com

Why isn't CNN reporting that the Shooter recently traveled to the middle east in the last 6 months? Why isn't CNN reporting that Shooter is Muslim?

THIS IS SIGNIFICANT.

Folks, wake up
Old 12-03-2015, 10:58 AM   #34
over the mountain
Playmaker

I dont understand why we need AR-15s and other assault high-capacity rifles. I just dont get that. im sure if they did restrict assault rifles to stringent screening, the bad guys would just use semi automatic hand guns ....

reasonable laws that need to happen now:

1. screening for high capacity guns like AR 15s
2. screening for any person on FBI watch list who attempts to buy a gun
3. all guns must be registered a time of purchase
4. gun owners must report if their gun was stolen, lost or sold to someone else

this wont make attacks not happen but their shouldnt be a zillion restrictions and requirements to drive a car vs zero restrictions to own a AR 15.
----------------------

Chico - it has been reported repeatedly that the male went to SA and came back w a bride and started growing a beard. i heard that about 6:15 pm in teh car last night less then 5 hours after the shootings. what you're saying reminds me of commentators and articles i read on the blaze. they have articles about how msnbc sent out a tweet that the attacks dont seem to be related to a planned parenthood 1 mile away. the conservative blaze commentators are screaming this is liberal msm agenda!!! .... its a tweet. we just had an AR 15 attack at a PP less than a week ago ..... also isnt making an article less then 24 hours after the attack focusing on a tweet from msm .... a conservative agenda to try and nit pick any little thing the msm does to try and corroborate their hard on to prove bias. .. its funny. they have this huge agenda to look for any agenda from msm. double standards at its finest. "ohh nooo, a tweet from msnbc!!!"

of course, the fine ppl at the blaze also think the PP attack was just a bank robbery gone wrong by a obama voting liberal.

they also think this attack yesterday was staged by Obama to go after their guns like newtown was saying "how calm everyone looked on the scene" and "how did so many federal agencies arrive so quickly, its like they were waiting for this to happen bc it was staged!!".

like the benghazi thing. what fucking difference does it make it Obama did not say it was a terrorist attack within the 24 hours of it happening?
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:45 AM   #35
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Some of you are a little to.......hysterical to have a rational discussion at this time
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:56 AM   #36
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

OTM that article is titled "what we know" and it doesn't list those facts...? These are significant facts!

CNN/CNN.com is the most watched/view news org in the world...they should have this..
Old 12-03-2015, 12:25 PM   #37
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

The reasons why this is terrorism at the least:

1. Seemed planned...from their movements, dress, and weapons to the soft target

2. Dressed in tactical gear. They were dressed like they were going to war, not like they were going to work

3. Explosives found at home, in the vehicle, at the center. folks, they didn't make these like mcgyvar on the fly

4. This was multiperson mass shooting...working as a team. this wasn't irrational, fly off the hook workplace violence.

5. They were comfortable engaging the police. They didn't try to flee, they chose to stay and fight...and die

Reasons why this is Islamic Terrorist:

1. Muslim

2. Woman is involved, this is has become commonplace among Islamic terrorist.

3. Explosives used. they have a knack for this...

4. Recent attacks by other Muslims across the world hitting soft targets..patterns, copy cats, etc

5. Traveled to middle east recently. Folks, its no great secret a lot of these terrorists are going to the middle east for training, resources, and ideological support.

I'll be surprised if this is found as just a workplace violent mass killing...too much planning
Old 12-03-2015, 01:02 PM   #38
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

OTM,
An AR is not really much more or less dangerous than any other semi-auto weapon. Try to eliminate it and Psycho Muslims AND Christians will just take "Next Weapon up". They will not under any circumstances...quit.
When we outlawed some of the scary guns (See Tech 9). It was real scary looking, but basically a piece of shit that you could not hit a barn with........BUT the ignorant public loved it. NO real effect of any kind......
There is an old phrase that goes " When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns". While not gospel, it's basically correct.
If we want to have an impact, let's start by shutting down our Wide open borders. Seriously evaluate those who come across and SAY NO when appropriate. Additionally, I heard Bernie the Red (I think) suggest that a coalition needs to approach the NRA and try to get a dialogue going to involve them in making some changes....Very Smart
It's time for some real workable solutions that may have a chance of success rather than the same Bullshit alarmist rhetoric........
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 01:17 PM   #39
Schneed10
A Dude

Not really sure why some are so intent on rushing to judgment in this thread as to the motivation. Just let the investigation run its course and let all the facts come out.
Old 12-03-2015, 02:18 PM   #40
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog1 View Post
OTM,
An AR is not really much more or less dangerous than any other semi-auto weapon. Try to eliminate it and Psycho Muslims AND Christians will just take "Next Weapon up".
Yes, i concede that. they would just end up using semi automatic hand guns instead. perhaps more dangerous .. but we do need ARs for "a well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State".

unfortunately the SCOTUS interpreted "militia" to mean any of age person.
over the mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 02:19 PM   #41
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

Obama: US safe against ISIS attack - CNNPolitics.com

oh realllllly
Old 12-03-2015, 02:38 PM   #42
BaltimoreSkins
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico23231 View Post
I agree...its a fact. I don't understand how someone can be on the no fly list, but able to purchase a gun. How is that? Your a threat enough to fly...
We also have significant discrepancies on who states choose to sell to. An individual whose committed a violent or gun related misdemeanor might be banned from owning a gun in FL but they can go to GA or AL and pick one up no problem. Only 33 states restrict gun ownership based on mental illness. In Vermont one can have committed a felony and still purchase a gun.
BaltimoreSkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:24 PM   #43
Chico23231
Warpath Hall of Fame

San Bernardino shooting: Gunman appears radicalized - CNN.com

Syed Rizwan Farook -- who along with his wife, Tashfeen Malik, carried out the San Bernardino shooting massacre -- apparently was radicalized and in touch with people being investigated by the FBI for international terrorism, law enforcement officials said Thursday.

Farook's apparent radicalization contributed to his role in the mass shooting of 14 people Wednesday during a holiday party for the San Bernardino County health department, where Farook worked, sources said.

Still, it wasn't necessarily the only driver behind the carnage, as workplace grievances may have also played a role. President Barack Obama hinted as much Thursday when he said that the attackers may have had "mixed motives."

David Bowditch, assistant director in charge of the FBI's Los Angeles office, told reporters Thursday that Farook had traveled to Pakistan.

And two government officials said no red flags were raised when he'd gone to Saudi Arabia for several weeks in 2013 on the Hajj, the annual pilgrimage to Mecca that Muslims are required to take at least once in their lifetime. It was during this trip that he met Malik, a native of Pakistan who came to the United States in July 2014 on a "fiancée visa" and later became a lawful permanent resident.

Officials had previously said neither Farook and Malik were known to the FBI or on a list of potentially radicalized people. Nor had they had any known interactions with police until Wednesday.

Yet Farook himself had talked by phone and on social media with more than one person being investigated for terrorism, law enforcement officials said.

The communications were "soft connections" in that they weren't frequent, one law enforcement official said. It had been a few months since Farook's last back-and-forth with these people, who officials said were not considered high priority.

Interesting, CNN spinning the contact with terrorist as "soft contact" and "work grievances" as split motives. We are good with soft contact with terrorists?

pay attention folks...media/government are making excuses all ready.

Were the same excuses made the nutcase in Colorado?

So workplace violence and gun laws will be the excuses and not Muslim terrorist?

You know, we need to probably arrest someone at the office for being too mean to this guy...
Old 12-03-2015, 03:30 PM   #44
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Ok I'll take the hit .Fuck the NRA!!! Look I'm not some anti gun nut ,I don't want "all guns banned" and yes we need to enforce laws that are all ready on the books but it's the NRA back rooming and getting people all worked up about the second amendment .Yes I know guns don't kill people ....fuck that shit and come up with an answer ,we have 5% of the worlds population and 80% of it's guns.Again I get it it's a sport to some of you fine and I understand hunters but this has got to stop there is still no reason why we can't treat them like cars , register all guns, make gun owners carry insurance and all gun owners have to have a "License" to carry a gun and no one under the age of 10 is allowed anywhere near a gun.The answer isn't more guns there are plenty of fucking guns
Now notice I have not said bann anything ,I have not said anyone can't have a gun but I think gun owners now need to step it up and arming everyone isn't the answer unless you can guarantee the mental health of everyone with a gun.Remember these people who did this shit yesterday they planned for it the little shit who shot up Sandy Hook in Conn he planned it,the kids at Columbine ...same thing. It's time for Gun owners and the NRA to come up with a plan ,a real one. (sorry)

US has high rate of mass shootings because of 'the dark side of exceptionalism' | Daily Mail Online

Why America's Mass Shootings Can't Be Labeled A Mental Health Issue

Staggering Stats: There Have Been More Mass Shootings Than Days This Year - NBC News
Old 12-03-2015, 03:33 PM   #45
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schneed10 View Post
Not really sure why some are so intent on rushing to judgment in this thread as to the motivation. Just let the investigation run its course and let all the facts come out.

Ok , what will it take for you to rush to judgement a A bomb in your back yard ???