Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Training Camp is fast approaching What....

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 07-25-2022, 09:41 AM   #91
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Re: Training Camp is fast approaching What....

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsfaninok View Post
I remember many high on AGG in that draft... Just goes to show you haw hard it really is to project picks.
He's a 4.6 40 guy. He may be better suited for tight end just wonder if he's big enough overall, know he has the height. Thomas coming back healthy would be huge. Think him and Turner could form a potent 1-2 te duo.
WCommandersfan99 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 07-25-2022, 03:31 PM   #92
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCommandersfan99 View Post
He's a 4.6 40 guy. He may be better suited for tight end just wonder if he's big enough overall, know he has the height. Thomas coming back healthy would be huge. Think him and Turner could form a potent 1-2 te duo.
Forget about AGG. He is being given a Hail Mary last chance to make the team by moving him to TE. In two seasons in the NFL he has had a total of two touches and one reception. Does that sound to you like someone the staff trusts?

As for Turner, how is it you have elevated him in your mind above John Bates when Turner hasn't yet played a single snap in the NFL? Bates, on the other hand, is a veteran and an outstanding blocker who was graded the #1 run blocking TE in the NFL by PFF as a rookie and who has shown that he can be a reliable possession receiver. Should a team that would like to have a balanced offense sit down a TE who is one of the very best run blockers in the league at his position? The answer is "No."

I will say this about Turner: he looks like he could help us in the Red Zone with his size, body control, and good hands.

We will keep three TE's:

1. Thomas
2. Bates
3. Probably Turner
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 04:21 PM   #93
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Forget about AGG. He is being given a Hail Mary last chance to make the team by moving him to TE. In two seasons in the NFL he has had a total of two touches and one reception. Does that sound to you like someone the staff trusts?

As for Turner, how is it you have elevated him in your mind above John Bates when Turner hasn't yet played a single snap in the NFL? Bates, on the other hand, is a veteran and an outstanding blocker who was graded the #1 run blocking TE in the NFL by PFF as a rookie and who has shown that he can be a reliable possession receiver. Should a team that would like to have a balanced offense sit down a TE who is one of the very best run blockers in the league at his position? The answer is "No."

I will say this about Turner: he looks like he could help us in the Red Zone with his size, body control, and good hands.

We will keep three TE's:

1. Thomas
2. Bates
3. Probably Turner
Agree with you about AGG doubtful working out here just an interesting scenario. I haven't forgotten about Bates at all. Turner and Thomas in obvious passing downs is what I'm referring to. I am well aware of Bates prowess for blocking success, as I have mentioned before. We have a lot of different tight ends with unique skill sets. Different 2 te sets is not out of the question with this unit at all.
Old 07-25-2022, 05:03 PM   #94
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCommandersfan99 View Post
Agree with you about AGG doubtful working out here just an interesting scenario. I haven't forgotten about Bates at all. Turner and Thomas in obvious passing downs is what I'm referring to. I am well aware of Bates prowess for blocking success, as I have mentioned before. We have a lot of different tight ends with unique skill sets. Different 2 te sets is not out of the question with this unit at all.
Oh, I see what you mean now. Sure, why not have different 2 TE sets. I love the idea of role players myself. Let each player do what he does best.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2022, 06:30 PM   #95
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Oh, I see what you mean now. Sure, why not have different 2 TE sets. I love the idea of role players myself. Let each player do what he does best.
I want Bates on the field a lot. He is a great blocker and will be perfect for Robinson now. Gibson quietly had a strong season last year just needs to correct his fumbling. Robinson is known for not fumbling. They could form a very good 1-2 punch if the oline does their job.
Old 07-25-2022, 11:55 PM   #96
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Dotson/McLaurin should absolutely ball out. So pumped about this duo.

e-vecna (now a clippers fan)
@dmv_ce
·
Follow
Wow. From Sheehan on @AlGaldi podcast…

Someone told me recently… some of the players believe Dotson is the best receiver on the team.

That’s how great he looked in the offseason”

🤯
10:00 AM · Jul 25, 2022
Old 07-26-2022, 08:36 AM   #97
GridIron26
Playmaker

Lol if I were you, I would wait until middle of the season to decide if Dotson is legit or not. Every year, we always hype up one player during offseason only to be disappointed. This happens EVERY YEAR.
GridIron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 10:12 AM   #98
WCommandersfan99
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridIron26 View Post
Lol if I were you, I would wait until middle of the season to decide if Dotson is legit or not. Every year, we always hype up one player during offseason only to be disappointed. This happens EVERY YEAR.
Totally agree but hard to not get excited about these comments for Dotson. In wait and see mode with him but him and McLaurin have super potential together along with a healthy Curtis Samuel.