Around the NFL: Free agent signings 2018

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 04-18-2018, 01:51 PM   #421
Giantone
Gamebreaker

Re: Around the NFL: Free agent signings 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
eh, i seem to recall TB throwing a lot of bombs and having pretty good accuracy, unless Moss was just.... well.... Moss'ing ppl
Greenbay seems to throw deep often.

Advertisements
Old 04-18-2018, 01:54 PM   #422
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meks View Post
eh, i seem to recall TB throwing a lot of bombs and having pretty good accuracy, unless Moss was just.... well.... Moss'ing ppl
Tom is very effective downfield but does he have an arm like Stafford or Wentz? No way. Brees is another guy with a Avg arm strength but he gets it done as well.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:32 AM   #423
skinsfaninok
Warpath Hall of Fame

Per ESPN

MNF Will start at 8:15 now instead of 8:30 ET.
SNF 8:20 (8:30) ET
TNF 8:20 ET AS WELL.

Also schedule release tonight which I never get too crazy about but still
Old 04-20-2018, 11:53 AM   #424
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Here is a FA signing prediction for you: Roger Goodell will influence a team owner to sign Colin Kaepernick in order to get out of CK's collusion lawsuit which the NFL would probably lose in a jury trial. It's not going to fool many people but it might work in conjunction with a settlement.
KI Skins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 12:01 PM   #425
MTK
\m/

I think CK winning a collusion suit would be a real long shot
Old 04-20-2018, 12:08 PM   #426
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI Skins Fan View Post
Here is a FA signing prediction for you: Roger Goodell will influence a team owner to sign Colin Kaepernick in order to get out of CK's collusion lawsuit which the NFL would probably lose in a jury trial. It's not going to fool many people but it might work in conjunction with a settlement.
He can't win. The ravens and Seahawks worked him out.

The ravens were going to sign him till his girl friend posted a django unchained photo shop with the owner

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2018, 04:41 PM   #427
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Nick Foles gets a $2 million bonus for winning the Super Bowl in restructured deal.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/987426231489474560
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:00 PM   #428
Defensewins
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Nick Foles gets a $2 million bonus for winning the Super Bowl in restructured deal.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/987426231489474560
Good for him. I hope he gets to remain the starter. I think winning the Superbowl the way he did should keep him starter and serves not to rush the other guy back to soon. But in impatient world of the NFL I suspect that will not happen
Defensewins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:03 AM   #429
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYoungJelly View Post
He can't win. The ravens and Seahawks worked him out.

The ravens were going to sign him till his girl friend posted a django unchained photo shop with the owner

I've learned not to think "can't win" when talking about a civil trail with a jury and a lower burden of proof than a criminal trial. I don't think the NFL would want to take the risk of losing a collusion lawsuit. So, yes, he'll be signed by some team and receive a settlement with no blame attached from the NFL.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:33 AM   #430
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
I've learned not to think "can't win" when talking about a civil trail with a jury and a lower burden of proof than a criminal trial. I don't think the NFL would want to take the risk of losing a collusion lawsuit. So, yes, he'll be signed by some team and receive a settlement with no blame attached from the NFL.
I'd say, even without the risk of losing the trial, it'd be a pretty smart thing to do from a PR standpoint, wouldn't it?
It would end the talk about this collusion thing (which I have absolutely no idea if it's true or not, and, I'll admit, not a lot of interest in, not being American...).
Or do you think there'd be more people mad that the original kneeler was back in the league?

EDIT: again, not being American, but aware of how sensitive this issue can be, I want to stress how unfamiliar and distant from this story I am.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:34 AM   #431
DYoungJelly
The Starter

Quote:
It would have to be removed from state to federal court, where both sides can appeal nearly every issue.

My experience has been more directed verdicts and motions for summary judgement in federal court. Settlement talks should come well after all the motions are filed to see if the matter can legally even be presented to a jury.

You're right thought, can't is stupid to use but his chances would have to be less than 10% if they are even that.

Old 04-21-2018, 11:13 AM   #432
KI Skins Fan
Pro Bowl

Personally, I think the profusion of poor backup QB's league-wide permeates this issue with the odor of collusion, whether or not collusion can be proven in court. Certainly, the NFL would like to make this entire controversy go away, so I think they'll try to resolve their dispute with CK in some way.

Of course, it won't work. The NFL is in a no-win situation from a public relations standpoint. Whatever happens, some segment of the U.S. population is going to continue to be pissed off about it and that will adversely affect the NFL.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:00 AM   #433
FrenchSkin
Playmaker

Quote:
Personally, I think the profusion of poor backup QB's league-wide permeates this issue with the odor of collusion, whether or not collusion can be proven in court. Certainly, the NFL would like to make this entire controversy go away, so I think they'll try to resolve their dispute with CK in some way.

Of course, it won't work. The NFL is in a no-win situation from a public relations standpoint. Whatever happens, some segment of the U.S. population is going to continue to be pissed off about it and that will adversely affect the NFL.
Maybe if he's just a back up and doesn't do anything political, at some point most people will move on? Or do they like drama that bad? ^^

Envoyé de mon SM-J320FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 04-22-2018, 11:23 PM   #434
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defensewins View Post
Good for him. I hope he gets to remain the starter. I think winning the Superbowl the way he did should keep him starter and serves not to rush the other guy back to soon. But in impatient world of the NFL I suspect that will not happen
I think Wentz will be the starter as soon as he is healthy. Keeping him under contract, gives the Iggles the ability to take their time in bringing back Wentz.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 12:03 PM   #435
Schneed10
A Dude

What do we think is Johnathan Hankins's play at this point?

I could see him antsy to get himself signed before the draft because after the draft a few teams might bow out of the Hankins bidding process if they feel like they solved DT in the draft.

On the other hand, he could remain confident that coming out of the draft there will be at least one team who will feel dissatisfied with their DT situation and may be willing to pay more.

I'm not dying over trying to obtain him one way or the other, but he's one of the last quality free agents remaining, really it's him and Dez. Wondering what you guys would do in his shoes. Get with a team now before the draft or wait and hope a team comes crawling to you with a serious post-draft need?