Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Players for picks

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 02-25-2004, 02:14 PM   #1
ZackMills

Players for picks

I am for the Portis trade (though I think second round pick is too high for Champ). So what, we have 2 picks now? Do you guys think there are any players we could straight up trade for a pick or do, say a Trung Candidate or one of our recievers? It would be nice to pick up a few more draft picks, though I would like to see us getting Taylor at #5 instead of trading down.
ZackMills is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 02-25-2004, 02:22 PM   #2
Sheriff Gonna Getcha
Franchise Player

We might be able to trade Samuels for a #1 pick, but who would we replace him with? We could trade Ramsey for a first rounder (but, without a GREAT replacement, I wouldn't be too high on that). We could also trade Gardner, but I'm not sure if our other wideouts are capable of becoming #2s. No one is going to trade Jack Sh-t for Canidate. Someone might trade a 3rd rounder for Betts. Someone could trade a 3rd or 4th rounder for Ohalete. That's about it.
Sheriff Gonna Getcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 02:28 PM   #3
BrudLee
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramseyfan
We might be able to trade Samuels for a #1 pick, but who would we replace him with? We could trade Ramsey for a first rounder (but, without a GREAT replacement, I wouldn't be too high on that). We could also trade Gardner, but I'm not sure if our other wideouts are capable of becoming #2s. No one is going to trade Jack Sh-t for Canidate. Someone might trade a 3rd rounder for Betts. Someone could trade a 3rd or 4th rounder for Ohalete. That's about it.
I'm down with a Betts trade. It's been speculated that Gibbs likes what he's seen from McCullough, and Canidate is a likely cut (there is no cap penalty). If the coaching staff sees McCullough as a #2 back, and Cartwright sticks around as a short yardage guy, Betts is extraneous.
BrudLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 02:34 PM   #4
beg8878
Special Teams

Betts seems like a logical choice to trade away, we can probably get something decent (3rd rounder?) for him. Also, maybe Gardner's name will be tossed around. I don't want to see Samuels go anywhere. He was a monster his first couple years then tailed off under Spurrier's joke of a coaching staff. I want to see what Bugel can do with him before we ship him out.
beg8878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 02:37 PM   #5
beg8878
Special Teams

sorry about that last post, I after I posted it, I realized all my points were made in the previos posts. next time I'll read before I write
Old 02-25-2004, 02:46 PM   #6
Ade Jimoh Fan Club
Special Teams

Smile

I think we should try to get something for Trung - even if it's a 3d rounder or lower.

Also, I will be disappointed if we don't get Taylor at #5. We don't really need another WR unless we get rid of Gardner - which I'm not quite ready to do yet unless we get a high draft pick for him.

We should be set at CB without paying high for another veteran. I think Jimoh and Smoot will be a great duo - with Bauman coming in for 3 CB defenses...
Ade Jimoh Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 02:57 PM   #7
Redskins_P
Fight for old DC!

I agree with Ramseyfan. We could trade Chris Samuels for another pick, and actually Brandon Winey didn't do a bad job when Samuels was injured. You know Coach Gibbs is not looking for big name players, just guys who will work hard. I was really disppointed with Samuels last year ( can anyone remember all the false starts? ), and on top of that he has a huge salary and we can free up plenty of cap space by trading him. Also, I bet you if we release Trung Canidate there will probably be maybe 1 or 2 teams interested in him. He is an underachiever and he's a bum. So forget about trying to trade him...he has no value!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramseyfan
Redskins_P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 03:07 PM   #8
cpayne5
Playmaker

I like the idea of getting rid of Betts and Canidate if the Portis deal doesn't fall through. I'd be in favor of keeping Betts if it does. But no way do I want Canidate to stay. I like Samuels. He had a rough year last year, but I think that was mainly the coaching staff's fault. Given a true Oline coach, good blocking schemes, and no audibles, I think we have one of the best lines in the NFL. Doug Dockery really came along at the end of the year.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 03:11 PM   #9
SkinsRock
Impact Rookie

Chris Samuels has been great when coached by a good coach with good schemes. The past two years were an abberation with college coach and a piss-poor blocking scheme. Bugel will get him back to his game, or better. Plus trading him would create more dead money against the cap.
SkinsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 03:15 PM   #10
cpayne5
Playmaker

Exactly, SkinsRock. #60 is one of the best OLinemen in the league when coached properly.
cpayne5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 04:05 PM   #11
beg8878
Special Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade Jimoh Fan Club
We should be set at CB without paying high for another veteran. I think Jimoh and Smoot will be a great duo - with Bauman coming in for 3 CB defenses...
I can respect the fact that you are a Jimoh fan....hey, to each his own. But there is a better chance of seeing Joe Theisman enter intot he QB mix than there is a chance of Jimoh starting in this league....
Old 02-25-2004, 04:15 PM   #12
johnnyredskin63
Special Teams

Thumbs up

undefinedsomebody like the texans,the vikings,or the raiders may indeed have a need for trung canidate and maybe even the steelers.i say we get rid of samuels,i'm sorry guys he has been an awful bad player the last two years.call him a cap casuality.
HAIL TO THE REDSKINS
always remember ladies and germs-THE COWBOYS SUCK
johnnyredskin63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 04:35 PM   #13
BDBohnzie
Playmaker

you do not just get rid of an All Pro Tackle...Samuels has been plagued with injuries and bad blocking schemes the last 2 seasons...given the chance, he will regain his All Pro form.

The backbone of Gibbs' offense is the line...getting rid of Samuels defeats the purpose completely.

“WE TOOK HIM IN THE SIXTH ROUND SO WE'RE NOT SMART EITHER.” - Shanny on what the Skins saw in Alfred Morris
BDBohnzie is offline   Reply With Quote