Warpath  

Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

I am a horrible, rotten excuse for a Redskins fan.

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 11-29-2011, 08:04 PM   #91
skinster
Impact Rookie

Re: I am a horrible, rotten excuse for a Redskins fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Skins View Post
Ok, so what if the team loses and gets that #2 pick and selects their "franchise QB"?

What happens if the players you were expecting to come out do not come out and you openly root the team to lose for nothing?

What happens in 5 years if said "franchise QB" ends up a bust? Do you continue hoping your team loses to get another chance at a "franchise QB"?

What happens after you get your "franchise QB"? Do you hope they lose so you can get a "franchise WR" the following year? You know, you'll have to be in the top 5 again to get a calibur guy like AJ Green or Calvin Johson.

Fan's guide to building the Washington Redskins.

2011: Tank season for "Franchise QB" in 2012.
2012: Tank season for "Franchise WR" in 2013.
2013: Tank season for "Franchise MLB" in 2014.
2014: Tank season for "Franchise Safety" in 2015.
2015: Tank season for "Franchise DL" in 2016.

Yup, we are well on our way to being competitive with this formula!!!

To openly hope your team loses to better your shot at a chance on a player that you don't even know is going to be in the draft is beyond ludicrous. It's pathetic.
1st of all, yes, if we draft a qb, and he ends up being a bust, I do hope we tank the next season for a qb (granted there is a qb to tank for that year). The odds of landing a qb are raised by 10 fold at the top of the draft compared to even the top 3 rounds. Ideally I'd like to get Ndamakung Suh in the first, lesean mccoy in the second, lance briggs in the third, shaun phillips in the 4th, Trent Cole in the 5th, tom brady in the sixth, and marques colston in the 7th, but that just aint gonna happen. Pick high, get a qb, pick low, you have a better shot if you buy a lottery ticket.

2nd of all. Ndamakung Suh, Calvin Johnson, Matthew Stafford. I think the lions aren't unhappy right now with their tanking.

3rd of all (this is the only thing I'm saying that actually matters). Its tank for a qb, not any other position, only the one that changes you from a pre-season superbowl contender to arguably the worst team of all time (colts with manning out). All other positions just need quality players. QB is the only position where being elite is a necessity and it cannot be covered up (unless you have 21 pro bowlers playing along side him). I don't want to leave anything up to chance with my qb. I want the best odds of getting the best player.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 11-29-2011, 08:09 PM   #92
skinster
Impact Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk View Post
The Colts are definitely a bad example. Their success revolved 100% around Manning. The D was built to play with a lead. It's insane that you can take away one player, great as he is, and the team is headed for 0-16? Heads are gonna roll for what went down there this year and rightfully so.
No defense is built to play with the lead. Defenses are built to prevent the other team from scoring.
skinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:24 PM   #93
Hog1
Quietly Dominating the East

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
1st of all, yes, if we draft a qb, and he ends up being a bust, I do hope we tank the next season for a qb (granted there is a qb to tank for that year). The odds of landing a qb are raised by 10 fold at the top of the draft compared to even the top 3 rounds. Ideally I'd like to get Ndamakung Suh in the first, lesean mccoy in the second, lance briggs in the third, shaun phillips in the 4th, Trent Cole in the 5th, tom brady in the sixth, and marques colston in the 7th, but that just aint gonna happen. Pick high, get a qb, pick low, you have a better shot if you buy a lottery ticket.

2nd of all. Ndamakung Suh, Calvin Johnson, Matthew Stafford. I think the lions aren't unhappy right now with their tanking.

3rd of all (this is the only thing I'm saying that actually matters). Its tank for a qb, not any other position, only the one that changes you from a pre-season superbowl contender to arguably the worst team of all time (colts with manning out). All other positions just need quality players. QB is the only position where being elite is a necessity and it cannot be covered up (unless you have 21 pro bowlers playing along side him). I don't want to leave anything up to chance with my qb. I want the best odds of getting the best player.
After exhausting perusal of the Mods Only Outlandish Rumor Box, it has been......rumored you are about to be forcibly moved to the drunk thread....
Hog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #94
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinster View Post
No defense is built to play with the lead. Defenses are built to prevent the other team from scoring.
The colts built a defense lean on bulk and heavy on speed. Why? Because they expected other teams to be passing a lot. Why? Because the other teams knew the colts could score in a flash. I remember the miami-indy game where miami held the ball for 44+ minutes and still lost because indy/peyton scored every time they touched the ball. A defense with that type of offense needs to stop big plays. OF COURSE defenses are built in conjunction with what type of offense a team has, the colts simply were the extreme of that.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #95
JoeRedskin
Contains football related knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyg12 View Post
I get your point, but to say they didn't plan well is a bit harsh. How many 10+ win seasons did they get in a row till this year?

I'd say they did plan well; they built an O that was nearly unstoppable & they got playmakers on D suited to play w/a lead, e.g. Freeney & Mathis. When Bob Sanders was playing well that D was good. If you mean they didn't get a good backup qb, that's true, but it's also hard to keep 2 good qbs due to free agency & cap.

I wouldn't put this decline so much on Peyton, that team's stars are getting old. So if you mean recently they haven't drafted or developed much youth I guess that could be called poor planning. More likely just poor drafting.
Still, in the last 30 years who many Peyton's have their been? The point, I believe, is that the "Colt Method" works only if you have a once in a generation type QB. It's the sort of team you can't really plan for b/c you don't know you have that type of QB until you actually have him. Even with Manning, people predicted he would be a really good QB - but I think you would be hard pressed to say the consensus was that he was going to be a 10 year All-Pro.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:32 PM   #96
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Wow, how bad is it that our two best offensive players have been suspended. Really bad. Does this mean that they are pot heads together. Could that mean that we dont sign Davis, because we want to seperate the pot heads? Well at least this means we probably dont win another game and get a QB.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #97
T.O.Killa
The Starter

Its time to put Willie Smith in at LT and start John Beck. While were at it, lets put in Erik Cook.
T.O.Killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:55 PM   #98
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

If the season were to end today (as if it hasn't already) considering the Redskins and Browns have the same record. Who picks first in the draft? Redskins or Browns? This is for the Barkley sweepstakes

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #99
CultBrennan59
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFREDSKIN View Post
If the season were to end today (as if it hasn't already) considering the Redskins and Browns have the same record. Who picks first in the draft? Redskins or Browns? This is for the Barkley sweepstakes
Us, based on the fact that we had the easier strength of schedule.
2011 Strength of Schedule - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN
Old 12-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #100
mbedner3420
The Starter

Quote:
I was just thinking about that...
mbedner3420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #101
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CultBrennan59 View Post
Us, based on the fact that we had the easier strength of schedule.
2011 Strength of Schedule - NFL Nation Blog - ESPN
Sweet!! Now let's lose the rest of the games including the one against Minnesota.

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #102
SirClintonPortis
Pro Bowl

Quote:
Sweet!! Now let's lose the rest of the games including the one against Minnesota.
With the way we treat rookies in their games against us, Minnesota is guaranteed to beat us.

Virtuosity remembered, douchebaggery forgotten.

The ideal character profile shoved down modern Western men and women's throats is Don Juan.
SirClintonPortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #103
Hijinx
The Starter

Honestly if I were the Colts I would see that they have way too many holes and seriously entertain offers for the 1st pick. Someone will throw the bank at them, even if it is only to move up 4-6 spots. However I don't see the Colts Gm/owner having the stones to trade away the "sure thing franchise QB".
Hijinx is offline   Reply With Quote