Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Gray, Smith likely interim coach choices

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-12-2009, 11:42 AM   #16
DBUCHANON101
The Starter

Re: Gray, Smith likely interim coach choices

I dont blame Snyder, look at the $$ he pays these guys and they cant beat a winless team for the 2nd time this yr. Id be pi$$ed as well

Advertisements
Old 10-12-2009, 11:43 AM   #17
MTK
\m/

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBUCHANON101 View Post
I dont blame Snyder, look at the $$ he pays these guys and they cant beat a winless team for the 2nd time this yr. Id be pi$$ed as well
Snyder needs to look in the mirror first. Tossing $$ at the situation obviously does not work. How many more years does he need before realizes this??
Old 10-12-2009, 11:44 AM   #18
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintrain View Post
Gray seems like a reasonable choice. As for if a new HC can block and tackle, well no of course not but any logical HC would have activated Rinehart yesterday over Griffin who was injured and they knew he wouldn't play. There's no way to assume Samuels would get hurt but Williams was hurt most of the pre-season so what would have been Plan D if HE got injured in the game?

Another logical miss was when Samuels went down, rather than play someone at LT who has never played it at the NFL level, why not slide Heyer to LT, Williams to RT and Will Montgomery to RG? Did Montgomery go from competing for a starting job when Thomas went down to 4th on the depth chart in 2 weeks?

The roster is very flawed but making the best of what you have is clearly not one of Zorn's strengths and another HC might make better decision in that regard this season.
Thought the same thing in the smackdown thread
Old 10-12-2009, 11:45 AM   #19
SFREDSKIN
Living Legend

NFL.com Blogs » Blog Archive Possible Redskins coaching replacements are in-house «

Art Monk- Art was like an OL playing WR, doing the dirty work and not getting the glory.

Darrell Green- Best DB ever.

Purveyor of fine Filth
SFREDSKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #20
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slingin Sammy 33 View Post
Pretty shitty move by Snyder if that's what happened. You learn a lot about people when

The smart thing to do is nothing right now. Snyder needs to show patience, even if it's killing him. That's the best thing for the long term success of the franchise. It won't fix anything this year. Barring true divine intervention, we have no chance at anything this year now anyway.

Snyder needs to be interviewing GM candidates now. Not Shanahan, Cowher, Gruden, Holmgren (I'm over the Holmgren as HC/GM, keep Zorn as Asst HC/OC thing, more in the Game Review). Don't do a damn thing until a real GM is hired.
If what happened? Did I miss something?

As for interviewing GM candidates now, who can he interview? Interview now that is
Old 10-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #21
freddyg12
Playmaker

Was Montgomery active? I was surprised to find that Rino wasn't, then again I was surprised at MW playing RG.
freddyg12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:03 PM   #22
skinsfan69
Living Legend

Quote:
Pretty shitty move by Snyder if that's what happened. You learn a lot about people when

The smart thing to do is nothing right now. Snyder needs to show patience, even if it's killing him. That's the best thing for the long term success of the franchise. It won't fix anything this year. Barring true divine intervention, we have no chance at anything this year now anyway.

Snyder needs to be interviewing GM candidates now. Not Shanahan, Cowher, Gruden, Holmgren (I'm over the Holmgren as HC/GM, keep Zorn as Asst HC/OC thing, more in the Game Review). Don't do a damn thing until a real GM is hired.
Exactly.
skinsfan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:03 PM   #23
Longtimefan
Playmaker

Quote:

All of the coaches you mention, Gruden being the exception, are among the twenty-five winningest coaches in the history of the NFL. Having an owner so infatuated with popularity, it's no wonder their names surface at the mention of a prospective head coach. We have at one point in time employed six of the twenty-five winningest coaches in NFL history, looking to add number seven..........simply amazing.

Here is the list:

Ray Flaherty
Earl Lambeau
Vince Lombardi
George Allen
Marty Schottenheimer
Joe Gibbs

There's not another team in the NFL that can sport these type credentials. We're still looking for a coach....
Longtimefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #24
REDSKINS1980
Camp Scrub

Reading a few post, Picking Brian Orakpo was great pick. He was the best defensive player in this years draft. If our defensive staff would get their heads out of their A$$, and play him at end where he can terrorize qb's. But to place him at linebacker is only making him look like a second round draft choice.
REDSKINS1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:40 PM   #25
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmootSmack View Post

As for interviewing GM candidates now, who can he interview? Interview now that is
Snyder not getting on the team plane because he was so pissed. PennSkins has it in the first post of the thread, per JLC.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Slingin Sammy 33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:47 PM   #26
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

Quote:
Snyder not getting on the team plane because he was so pissed. PennSkins has it in the first post of the thread, per JLC.
Oh right, got ya. That plane ride would have been ugly if he was on the plane. He probably would have just started pushing people off without a parachute
Old 10-12-2009, 02:15 PM   #27
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:

Bruce Allen, Charlie Casserly, get some ideas from Ron Wolf, see if ownership in Indy will let Snyder bounce some ideas off Bill Polian, these guys should know who qualified GMs are.

Maybe as you've suggested in the past, the solution is in house with S. Campbell or M. Brown. Although I don't see Snyder giving either one the "keys to the kingdom" and stepping back to just sign checks. Another problem is if Snyder and Jerrah are buds, Snyder's going to want to do things like Jerrah, hence no GM.
"I would bet.....(if), an angel fairy came down and said, '[You can have anything] in the world you would like to own,' I wouldn't be surprised if you said a football club and particularly the Washington Redskins.'' — Jack Kent Cooke, 1996.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:19 PM   #28
Slingin Sammy 33
Playmaker

Quote:
Oh right, got ya. That plane ride would have been ugly if he was on the plane. He probably would have just started pushing people off without a parachute
Based on the reports of Snyder's continued "tantrums", he's not improving in becoming a leader of men. Great marketer, poor leader.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:22 PM   #29
SmootSmack
Uncle Phil

I think he's given up on trying with Ron Wolf. I think he talks with Bruce Allen (and maybe Casserly as well) pretty regularly but I guess I thought you were talking about current employees of other teams.

I think Scott Campbell is gone after this season. I at one point thought he might get bumped up but now not so sure
Old 10-12-2009, 02:27 PM   #30
GhettoDogAllStars
Playmaker

"The front office of this team, as presently constructed, will never permit the Redskins to be a truly good team for any decent period of time."

So true. So sad.