Home | Forums | Donate | Shop

Go Back   Warpath > Commanders Football > Locker Room Main Forum

Montgomery gets nod at RG

Locker Room Main Forum

Old 10-14-2009, 09:10 PM   #16
DCtoAZ
Impact Rookie

Re: Montgomery gets nod at RG

Well as a proud graduate of Centreville High School I must say i'm stoked will montgomery is getting the nod ... Go Wildcats !
NFC EAST CHAMPS RG3 will be back & #12 can run the show until hes ready.We are young w depth. 23,59,89 will all be back.Alfred Morris aka Diesel Hybrid ! @DCtoAZ81 ...2013 NFC CHAMPS
DCtoAZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Old 10-14-2009, 09:12 PM   #17
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyk72 View Post
Where's Armstrong when you need him?
That is what I was thinking. But we had to let him go. Professional elephant wrestling is his first love.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:14 PM   #18
12thMan
MVP

On the bright side, Jared Allen is playing for the Vikes now.
12thMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:33 PM   #19
Ruhskins
Living Legend

Am I crazy to think that the media and the fans should call out Buges (don't hate me yet, listen to my crazy logic) so one of the following happens:

A.) The FO comes out and in their own screwed up way let everyone know that they've been vetoing Buges and they are solely responsible for creating this mess of a line.

B.) We realize that Buges has lost it and he's partially, if not fully, responsible for the o-line woes.

While there are dozens of things wrong with this team, just as we harp on Stan Hixon and the poor play of the WRs, I think there should be a discussion about the coaching of the offensive line. I have nothing against Buges, but I just can't believe that he would sit idly and let the FO screwed him up badly by not giving him a top offensive line talent in the draft or solid depth through free agency. How many years has the offensive line been an issue? I think a lot of us (me included) believed that Buges could take any 300 lb. body and coach them into a decent lineman. I don't think that's the case....and well if Buges is telling the team that everything is alright, then if there are changes accross the board, the team will need a new o-line coach that will let the team know about their needs.
R.I.P. #21
Ruhskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #20
53Fan
Franchise Player

According to Zorn, they need someone who is practicing the plays to start at RG and since Rhino has a shoulder injury, Montgomery is getting the call.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:00 PM   #21
Big C
Mr. Brightside

montgomery is a solid player. did well in the first game he played, have no idea why he wasnt chosen over mike williams the other day. to say that this is a patchwork line is gross understatement. when will they realize we need more o-line depth
Old 10-15-2009, 12:29 PM   #22
CRedskinsRule
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhskins View Post
Am I crazy to think that the media and the fans should call out Buges (don't hate me yet, listen to my crazy logic) so one of the following happens:

A.) The FO comes out and in their own screwed up way let everyone know that they've been vetoing Buges and they are solely responsible for creating this mess of a line.

B.) We realize that Buges has lost it and he's partially, if not fully, responsible for the o-line woes.

While there are dozens of things wrong with this team, just as we harp on Stan Hixon and the poor play of the WRs, I think there should be a discussion about the coaching of the offensive line. I have nothing against Buges, but I just can't believe that he would sit idly and let the FO screwed him up badly by not giving him a top offensive line talent in the draft or solid depth through free agency. How many years has the offensive line been an issue? I think a lot of us (me included) believed that Buges could take any 300 lb. body and coach them into a decent lineman. I don't think that's the case....and well if Buges is telling the team that everything is alright, then if there are changes accross the board, the team will need a new o-line coach that will let the team know about their needs.
The only thing I would say, is if this team is overhauled, I hope that all the coaches are out. lowest to highest. I just want a fresh start. I hope that the person doing the hiring will have enough of a clue to bring in good people.
CRedskinsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #23
sportscurmudgeon
Playmaker

Joe Bugel is living on past success - - and maybe it wasn't his success in the first place.

In the 1980s, the Redskins OL had three Hall of Fame quality OL linemen on it and they were there for LOTS of the games. Those would be Grimm, Lachey and Jacoby. Around those guys were others who were well above average as offensive linemen if not HoF caliber such as May and Bostic.

With that talent, Joe Bugel seemed like a genius. No matter what happened, the OL played well and the running game flourished.

THEN, the HoF players retired and Bugel went to Arizona and he found himself with a bunch of ordinary guys on the OL. Know what happened? They played like ordinary guys.

Since he has been back with the Skiins, Bugel has had some talent but not a lot of it. Once again, the OL has been average - - until this year when it is folding like a wallet.

Good coaching or good talent? I'll take good talent on any day that ends in the letter "Y".
sportscurmudgeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #24
over the mountain
Playmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
That is what I was thinking. But we had to let him go. Professional elephant wrestling is his first love.
alright, i gotta ask. what is the joke behind ppl mentioning armstrong as one of our o lineman. i thought i knew, or had an idear, but i dont.

im kinda, just a lil bit, excited to see if will montgomery can be a decent options at guard. he is a big boy, maybe with extended playing time this year he can earn the coaches trust for next year, and eventually develop into a solid guard. it took dock awhile to develop into a trusted starter before he left, so im hoping montgomery can develop in the same fashion. granted it could take 2 years. im just trying to be positive really.

go skins!!
Old 10-15-2009, 02:27 PM   #25
Big C
Mr. Brightside

montgomery could be out future center as well if he plays well this year. he played center at tech, and not too many people are fans of rabach here.
Old 10-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #26
Trample the Elderly
Playmaker

Wow!
Old 10-15-2009, 02:37 PM   #27
KLHJ2
Inactive

I have the answer to the Oline woes, we just need to have the O- linemen hold them up like the Z-Shade.

KLHJ2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 03:21 PM   #28
Lotus
Fire Bruce NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by over the mountain View Post
alright, i gotta ask. what is the joke behind ppl mentioning armstrong as one of our o lineman. i thought i knew, or had an idear, but i dont.

im kinda, just a lil bit, excited to see if will montgomery can be a decent options at guard. he is a big boy, maybe with extended playing time this year he can earn the coaches trust for next year, and eventually develop into a solid guard. it took dock awhile to develop into a trusted starter before he left, so im hoping montgomery can develop in the same fashion. granted it could take 2 years. im just trying to be positive really.

go skins!!
Not long ago, in a debate over who should replace Randy Thomas I believe, a poster (who shall go unnamed) insisted that Armstrong should start, even after it was pointed out repeatedly that we have no Armstrong. Thus began many jokes.
Vinny's overall Redskins record: 62-82 (.430)
We won more with Vinny
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote